Review Round 24, 2024 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

What did we think of Meads game? Hes probably the one player that has gone backwards during our win streak.

Found the ball today but only 44% disposal efficiency. Better than the last 2 weeks at least.

Had an awesome 1st half , kept us in it with jhf

What did we think of Meads game? Hes probably the one player that has gone backwards during our win streak.

Found the ball today but only 44% disposal efficiency. Better than the last 2 weeks at least.

I still like mead. Hard at the ball, Has a surprising amount of pace and agility. Good link up player, and capable of hitting the scoreboard on occasions

And the Vics can all suck a massive fat one.
Meh, if we aren't winning it I would prefer a club from out of Victoria to win it, I think most Vic's would feel the same way. (media dumb asses aside)

Btw you guys are a serious side, didn't have to win today but still got the job done against a side with everything to play for. Very impressive.

He was one who said that our list sucked. His boss was another one. Both are responsible for the list.
We haven’t been good enough in previous seasons in big games.
This year we have brought in BZT who’s been our best defender.
Sweet who has become our number one ruck replacing Lycett who was cooked.

Picked up Evans in the mid season draft who’s one of the best young talents we’ve had in defense for ages.
Seen a big improvement in young players like Mead and Burgoyne.
Now have a fit Georgiades kicking goals who we didn’t have last year.
Add that to the most unpredictable season that has given no real stand out sides and you get Port in a good position to improve on past finals efforts.

We haven’t been good enough in previous seasons in big games.
This year we have brought in BZT who’s been our best defender.
Sweet who has become our number one ruck replacing Lycett who was cooked.

Picked up Evans in the mid season draft who’s one of the best young talents we’ve had in defense for ages.
Seen a big improvement in young players like Mead and Burgoyne.
Now have a fit Georgiades kicking goals who we didn’t have last year.
Add that to the most unpredictable season that has given no real stand out sides and you get Port in a good position to improve on past finals efforts.

I agree. You should tell that to them…

Had an awesome 1st half , kept us in it with jhf
Never been a big Mead fan but he’s obviously worked hard on his game and like Burgoyne have improved a lot this year.

The biggest thing these young players bring to the side is pace.
We have been seriously lacking pace around the ground for years.
These are the sort of players that have made the difference this year.
It’s players like this playing at there best that win you premierships.

17 of the 23 players tonight were in the team against Brisbane where Ken was a bee's dick away from being sacked in its aftermath. An amazing turnaround given the circumstances.

Now the real games begin.

Ok Chewy, I’ll sharpen up the pitchforks, hopefully we don’t use them but you know.

There was mention in the press conference that he was sick during the week.

Also saw him look a bit proppy after a late bump by Brayshaw in the second
Rozee played like someone who had no energy and didn’t want to be there. He played like he was still recovering from the flu. You could show replays of five contests where he stepped to the side to let an opponent win the disputed footy and another couple where his attempts to tackle were non-existent. He owes us some big games when it matters. Let’s see what he does as captain in September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. You should tell that to them…
Like yourself I’m no fan of the administration and coaching.
My support is for the players and jumper they wear.
It’s difficult to isolate the two as I have.
Problem is if you can’t you end being very negative about all aspects of something you should be getting some enjoyment from.
At the end of the day some fun is better than no fun.

Like yourself I’m no fan of the administration and coaching.
My support is for the players and jumper they wear.
It’s difficult to isolate the two as I have.
Problem is if you can’t you end being very negative about all aspects of something you should be getting some enjoyment from.
At the end of the day some fun is better than no fun.

I’m not being negative. I just stated a fact.

Ant Bear said: “we were told we had a tough draw, but that was actually us.” I’ve added that we were told that our list sucked [but it is actually the opposite].

Who said that our list sucked? Hinkley and Davis.

Proves one thing only. It's not the playing list. Hinkley and Davies both said it this year. Sack them both.

That’s all.

Last edited:
I’m not being negative. I just stated a fact.

Ant Bear said: “we were told we had a tough draw, but that was actually us.” I’ve added that we were told that our list sucked [but it is actually the opposite].

Who said that our list sucked? Hinkley and Davis. That’s all.
I’d like to see the our list sucks comment in black and white and in what content it was said in.
I just had a read of it, basically saying the list wasn’t one of the best in the competition.
It’s not saying it sucks but still not a smart thing to say.

Last edited:
I’d like to see the our list sucks comment in black and white and in what content it was said in.
I just had a read of it, basically saying the list wasn’t one of the best in the competition.
It’s not saying it sucks but still not a smart thing to say.
June 20th 2024

You can see the reaction from here on:

I’ll try to find the actual quote.

Another great game by Ollie. Vital contributor again. 250 games and 11 years ago we thought he might run home after 2 or 4 years.

We have a pretty good record in the 200+ game milestone games.
Am I wrong in saying that DBJ is on track to play 200 in the grand final if we make it? Actually maybe only if we lose the qualifying and still progress.

And on that note, I hate to be an absolute downer after a game and a season like we've had, but all of this counts for absolutely nothing if we don't follow through in the next few weeks and stand up to the challenge.
It's time that these players finally got some reward for their efforts. We absolutely must win our qualifying final, I have faith we will not lose another home prelim. We've gotten ourselves in to this position way too many times to not have learned our lessons.

Pleeeeaaseeee don't break down again Port. This year is different.

Rozee played like someone who had no energy and didn’t want to be there. He played like he was still recovering from the flu. You could show replays of five contests where he stepped to the side to let an opponent win the disputed footy and another couple where his attempts to tackle were non-existent. He owes us some big games when it matters. Let’s see what he does as captain in September.

Poor contest/tackling is normal for him, don't think you can put that part down to illness.

Looks like Carr is going to be the coach we need, well done Josh, Hinkley didn't touch a headset all evening.
I said in the match day thread, most coaches are making notes throughout and then go into the huddle with some points to make.

Ken just meanders over with his hands in his pockets...

Whatever it is though, it's working.

I think Mead is a surprise packet he is showing much more than I expected and I think he is capable of much more as he continues to develop. I think the likes of JHF is impacting his game.
Wake up Rozee you are being left behind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 24, 2024 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back