Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpson definitely would be nice to see get a run honestly, I wouldn't take any chances with Darcy, keep Reidy on off the back of a good game. Focus on winning this last match, hope the other results go out way, and then focus on getting Pearce, Darcy and Treacy match fit for finals if we do make it. We need to be smart about this.

Simpson definitely would be nice to see get a run honestly, I wouldn't take any chances with Darcy, keep Reidy on off the back of a good game. Focus on winning this last match, hope the other results go out way, and then focus on getting Pearce, Darcy and Treacy match fit for finals if we do make it. We need to be smart about this.
100%

Reidy played at least as well as a half fit Darcy.

100%

Reidy played at least as well as a half fit Darcy.
I know a lot of people will say that you always should put your best team on the park, but realistically, are we at our best with a questionable Darcy?

We have our three spines back and outside of Brisbane at the Gabba, I don't see a team we can't beat with a full Best 23.

I know a lot of people will say that you always should put your best team on the park, but realistically, are we at our best with a questionable Darcy?

We have our three spines back and outside of Brisbane at the Gabba, I don't see a team we can't beat with a full Best 23.
We can beat the Lions. We probably won't, but we definitely could. We play them ok.

In all honesty I don't think GWS will have much motivation this game now that they have top 4 sewn up.

With Geelong losing on Saturday it's now almost impossible for GWS to have to play in Melbourne week 1 which they would have wanted to avoid, so win or lose they'll be playing in Sydney or Adelaide. Why would they fear port in Adelaide when they know port are susceptible to the pressure of a high stakes home final, seeing they knocked them off there last year? I think they'll be in preservation mode. By contrast the doggies have much more on the line. I think unfortunately the dogs win.

I think Saints at marvel against Carlton is the one that's most likely to get it done for us
Top 2 and 2 home finals guaranteed (possible one a premlim if they win the first)is a big motivator I’d reakon

Top 2 and 2 home finals guaranteed (possible one a premlim if they win the first)is a big motivator I’d reakon
I see I am in the minority but I don't think, in comparison to the Bulldogs, they'll go down fighting to the last man when they know, if they lose, they'll still finish top 4. There's a degree of comfort in that that puts you into preservation mode. Not saying they'll throw the game but the Bulldogs have much more on the line and there level of desperation, unfortunately, will be higher.
Remember in 2013 when we had top 4 sewn up and Lyon took all the reserves to play in Melbourne in the last round, even though there was still a chance we'd finish top 2 and get a home qualifying final. Same principle. Top 4 was the main prize.
Now we can only hope port also come here comfortable if we actually get the chance

Last edited:
OUT: Banfield
IN: Simpson (sub)

O'Driscoll to start.

Play an extra midfielder. If the backline needs help send Fyfe back there to play as a spare.
I tend to agree. We have other options that can fill in in the backline, including O Driscioll. We have, however, appeared to be one quality midfield rotation short. especially when Serong is tagged and Fyfe and Johnson are playing reduced game time and Young ius spending a fair bit of time forward.

I see I am in the minority but I don't think, in comparison to the Bulldogs, they'll go down fighting to the last man when they know, if they lose, they'll still finish top 4. There's a degree of comfort in that that puts you into preservation mode. Not saying they'll throw the game but the Bulldogs have much more on the line and there level of desperation, unfortunately, will be higher.
Remember in 2013 when we had top 4 sewn up and Lyon took all the reserves to play in Melbourne in the last round, even though there was still a chance we'd finish top 2 and get a home qualifying final. Same principle. Top 4 was the main prize
Good points. We definitely benefited from resting players against the saints in 2013. Counter to that is there wasn’t the bye before finals like now.
After 3 away finals last season and that 1 point loss in the PF, I think they’ll still be playing for top 2 and not having to travel until the GF

When we played Port in Rd 6 our mids must have gone ok because the hit out count was 64 to 25 in their favour, although Jackson had 21 possessions and 7 clearances. That was against Soldo (54 HO) and Dixon. Darcy didn't play.

Reidy played in the pre-season game vs Port but struggled against Soldo and Sweet. Darcy had dominated the first half in that game before getting injured. This time it looks like Soldo won't be there, although he's not on their injury list.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan made the all australian 40 when playing as a key position player.

What happened to that player?
Happy Hour Party GIF by Two Lane Brewing

I tend to agree. We have other options that can fill in in the backline, including O Driscioll. We have, however, appeared to be one quality midfield rotation short. especially when Serong is tagged and Fyfe and Johnson are playing reduced game time and Young ius spending a fair bit of time forward.
O'Driscoll can rotate through the middle.

I hope Darcy is not picked

Anything less than 90-95% fit Darcy and the team would be better for having 100% fit Reidy take main ruck role

Im not sure there will be any changes this week unless an injury occurs

Peel played a slog of a game in the wet and no one absolutely played a stinker against GWS

banfield played his role well and if it wasn’t for late contentious 50, no one would be talking about him

banfield played his role well and if it wasn’t for late contentious 50, no one would be talking about him
Nah. He had some stinkers early too

The 50 was the straw.

I know I was calling for him to be taken off in the first quarter.

lol what? It wasn’t just the 50. There were at least 5 absolute goal costing clangers by him, most of them in the last quarter.

Off the top of my head, htb on the wing bc he refused to handball when we had a quick transition, snap at goal from easy angle going ootf, handball to Jackson surrounded by giants when we had two players clear i50 (and then not even blocking), 50m penalty for hogan goal.

That’s not even including the rest of the game.

I was off Banners after dropping that chest mark early in the game.
It’s not even anti-banners

It just wasn’t his day, you could tell early.

Then it all compounded

I'm not so sure Reidy should play if Darcy cannot get up. I think Jackson beats Sweet all day, he's no world-beater.

I'd play another runner

An out of condition Darcy would add nothing to the team. We are better of with Reidy. Reidy is not as good a player as Darcy but he is fit to go and is reasonable enough cover for Darcy.

I'm hearing Darcy is flying, walking on water even which is unusual because he's the last person you'd expect to maintain the surface tension of water.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back