Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not so sure Reidy should play if Darcy cannot get up. I think Jackson beats Sweet all day, he's no world-beater.

I'd play another runner

He might, but then we’re only playing Voss and Amiss up front and I don’t like it

I think Darcy will get up for the game.
They showed a clip of him jogging last night on the news and he still looked tentative.

The reality is that if he isn’t able to jump we are better off with Reidy who at least can do that as well as run.
I noticed Reidy made second and third attempts to get the ball as well which is something Darcy hasn’t been able to do much this season.

Has Darcy ever had a game as bad as 0 marks, 6 disposals and lost the hit outs?

You guys are judging Darcy differently to Reidy (rightly so, Darcy is on 1m a year), but if Darcy puts his hand up he's gotta play.
It’s not just about that though is it? The middle wasn’t our issue on the weekend. If Reidy gets 0 marks and 6 disposals but we win the clearance count and the game (which we were well placed to do), then he should be playing over an unfit Darcy.

Darcy will put his hand up to play but go at 70% and risk aggravating the injury or us having a repeat of the Essendon game.

If we’re a chance to play finals I reckon roll the dice on Reidy and give Darcy an extra two weeks to recover.

Who are Ports rucks even?

Just realised port get Marshall and Georgiades back this week. Feeling a lot worse about our chances now
They are both a test. Time to call on the footy gods for divine intervention.

The thought of our young Draper lining up on that thug Dixon, who eats skinny kids like Draper for breakfast, makes me cringe. Surely Josh would go to Marshall if he plays and Cox would play on him.

They are both a test. Time to call on the footy gods for divine intervention.

The thought of our young Draper lining up on that thug Dixon, who eats skinny kids like Draper for breakfast, makes me cringe. Surely Josh would go to Marshall if he plays and Cox would play on him.
I think you’re forgetting that when other clubs list their players as tests then it means theres a high likelihood that they’re going to play that week.

Well isnt this going to be a great test of character to see who really stands up when the chips are down, because theres a few from last week that wouldnt have enjoyed the Review

Has Darcy ever had a game as bad as 0 marks, 6 disposals and lost the hit outs?

You guys are judging Darcy differently to Reidy (rightly so, Darcy is on 1m a year), but if Darcy puts his hand up he's gotta play.
You need to do some research, a number of times. refer AFL Tables website. Reidy was only given 69 percent game time. Wasn't rested in the forward pocket and competed well in the ruck. He didn't hobble off either.

You need to do some research, a number of times. refer AFL Tables website. Reidy was only given 69 percent game time. Wasn't rested in the forward pocket and competed well in the ruck. He didn't hobble off either.

Can you please point me to a game?

It’s not just about that though is it? The middle wasn’t our issue on the weekend. If Reidy gets 0 marks and 6 disposals but we win the clearance count and the game (which we were well placed to do), then he should be playing over an unfit Darcy.

Darcy will put his hand up to play but go at 70% and risk aggravating the injury or us having a repeat of the Essendon game.

If we’re a chance to play finals I reckon roll the dice on Reidy and give Darcy an extra two weeks to recover.

Who are Ports rucks even?

We always win the clearance count?

And we have always been well placed to win the game... there have only been 3 games this year where we weren't well placed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We always win the clearance count?

And we have always been well placed to win the game... there have only been 3 games this year where we weren't well placed.
We lost vs Geelong and Hawthorn and got destroyed in the last quarter vs Essendon to the point that it lost us the game.

If Jackson plays vs GWS instead of Reidy then we lose the game by a lot more. If Reidy does the same performance vs Geelong then we win. Clearances are our strength, so if we're bringing in a player that can help maintain that strength even if he does nothing else around the ground then it's a net positive.

We lost vs Geelong and Hawthorn and got destroyed in the last quarter vs Essendon to the point that it lost us the game.

If Jackson plays vs GWS instead of Reidy then we lose the game by a lot more. If Reidy does the same performance vs Geelong then we win. Clearances are our strength, so if we're bringing in a player that can help maintain that strength even if he does nothing else around the ground then it's a net positive.

My apologies, I was talking Darcy v Reidy here.

We have won the clearances in all of the games Darcy has played this year.

banners is a form player and should have been dropped 2 months ago to get a run going in the wafl

Got a feeling this might happen this week. That 50m penalty would’ve had JL exploding.

It’ll be Walters coming in I reckon. It’s not necessarily how everyone on here would go but if it’s about winning this week only…

Also Houston out for them is massive. See he’s appealing his suspension but surely that’s just an attempt to downgrade it so he can play a Grand Final if Port make it - reckon he’ll be missing Round One and Two next year for a new club though.

Got a feeling this might happen this week. That 50m penalty would’ve had JL exploding.

It’ll be Walters coming in I reckon. It’s not necessarily how everyone on here would go but if it’s about winning this week only…

Also Houston out for them is massive. See he’s appealing his suspension but surely that’s just an attempt to downgrade it so he can play a Grand Final if Port make it - reckon he’ll be missing Round One and Two next year for a new club though.

Port asked for 3 games suspension.

That is the best he can get, providing there is not a legal loophole he can get through.

Any thoughts in Johnson rotating back? As FreoLeo said, he is very good at weaving through traffic. We have enough of our mids resting forward

Surely Young resting back it the easier call.

Maybe we just play 7 defenders, who mostly stay back there
Then we play 4 permanent forwards (Amiss, Treacy, two forward pockets), and everyone else can run through the midfield (at least on the wing)

Jackson obviously is 2nd ruck.
Frederick can push up to the wing.
Switta is ok in the midfield for small stints.
Bolton or Baker is fine in the midfield or wing.

Hopefully this leaves us with a few more mismatches plus some gas in the tank, at the end of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back