Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at that footage its hard to fathom how poor Coxs performance actually was.

If he isn’t injured (watching the game I was certain he was) then he has done himself some serious reputational damage with supporters.

I struggle to think of a worse Freo player performance in recent times. Simply diabolical stuff.

Not sure that McDonald is good enough on such limited preparation to replace Cox or Draper provided the former is not suffering an injury.
He looks in better shape than Cox, but as O Mac said , it was a wet game so there wasn't much speed on the ball. He couldn't possibly be any less ready than Cox. It just depends on if there is a risk bringing him straight in.

Looking at that footage its hard to fathom how poor Coxs performance actually was.

If he isn’t injured (watching the game I was certain he was) then he has done himself some serious reputational damage with supporters.

I struggle to think of a worse Freo player performance in recent times. Simply diabolical stuff.
This is some of the same coaches that made Chapman play with a wrecked shoulder, in one of the most disgusting things I have witnessed. Not sure how they have avoided scrutiny on this. Disgusting by the club. Cox either isn't fit enough to play the role he has been given or he doesn't feel confident his body is up to it.

Fun fact - the only two finals positions Fremantle have never finished in is 2nd and 8th.

1st - 2015
3rd - 2006 and 2013
4th - 2014
5th - 2003 and 2022
6th - 2010
7th - 2012

Another fun fact, Freo has never lost an away elimination final and has won 3/4 elimination finals.

If we can get in finals it is written we will succeed better than we think.
I laughed at this.

Ok... So Freo never lost an elim final. We have only had one in our history and that was vs the cats at the MCG in 2012.

Fun fact - the only two finals positions Fremantle have never finished in is 2nd and 8th.

1st - 2015
3rd - 2006 and 2013
4th - 2014
5th - 2003 and 2022
6th - 2010
7th - 2012

Another fun fact, Freo has never lost an away elimination final and has won 3/4 elimination finals.

If we can get in finals it is written we will succeed better than we think.
Our record in week 2 is pretty ugly

1 win (2006) 4 losses (2010, 2012, 2014, 2022)

He looks in better shape than Cox, but as O Mac said , it was a wet game so there wasn't much speed on the ball. He couldn't possibly be any less ready than Cox. It just depends on if there is a risk bringing him straight in.
imagine hed come up against dixon in which case there wont be much speed in that match up anyway. the game cox played last week needs to have some repercussions, needs to be dropped

imagine hed come up against dixon in which case there wont be much speed in that match up anyway. the game cox played last week needs to have some repercussions, needs to be dropped
B22 players just don’t get dropped for one horrid performance. He hasn’t set the world on fire since coming back but last week was the only game that was downright awful. I don’t see them dropping him.

Also he has a 6 year contract they need to defend.

B22 players just don’t get dropped for one horrid performance. He hasn’t set the world on fire since coming back but last week was the only game that was downright awful. I don’t see them dropping him.

Also he has a 6 year contract they need to defend.
hes either injured, in which case he needs to be replaced, or hes put up the lowest effort performance i have genuinely ever seen by a full back, its inexcusable and honestly embarrassing.

he should be out just to save face tbh

hes either injured, in which case he needs to be replaced, or hes put up the lowest effort performance i have genuinely ever seen by a full back, its inexcusable and honestly embarrassing.

he should be out just to save face tbh
Doubt it’s injury. That last footage just shows its lack of awareness and attentiveness throughout the game too. Never looked switched on.

Doubt it’s injury. That last footage just shows its lack of awareness and attentiveness throughout the game too. Never looked switched on.
He was hobbling in the last quarter for sure. He definitely wasn’t at full pace and Hogan exploited it a lot. Cox was terrible but not sure we have any other options that are better. Especially from an offensive and experience point of view. I’d back him in but drop Banners.

I reckon Hughes would have done a better job than Cox on the weekend but hey it happens, players have bad games and let's face it Cox is coming back from a really bad injury and on top of that he's more of an interceptor, zone defender. McGovern has games like this when he's forced to man a really good power forward instead of floating around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our record in week 2 is pretty ugly

1 win (2006) 4 losses (2010, 2012, 2014, 2022)

Yeah but most clubs would be similar, if you are playing in week 2 of finals you are reeling from a qualifying final loss and trying to avoid straight sets, or an elimination final winner playing a top four team, likely having already exceeded expectations by winning that final

If you know you can’t move you do as much as possible to block, disrupt, scrag the forwards runs, cox was just grabbing his leg after the fact as an excuse, he’s done it in the past too

Yeah but most clubs would be similar, if you are playing in week 2 of finals you are reeling from a qualifying final loss and trying to avoid straight sets, or an elimination final winner playing a top four team, likely having already exceeded expectations by winning that final
Also there'll generally be travel factored in there somewhere.

Needs to be rested. After the first full game in the wafl he said he needed about a month in the wafl to build up to Afl level and we selected him the following week. He was in no condition to play Afl in any capacity other than a non running role and we all know that hasn't been possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back