Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, we've had the tweet of Sonny and he's the picture on the club site for the selection story. He's playing.
Might be an unofficial farewell game for him.

No Darcy sucks but it's a good enough team to get the win, let's hope we're not already eliminated by the time of bounce down.

Marshall isn't named for Port but Georgiades is in their squad. They've also named Ollie Lord and a young ruck Dante Visentini who has played a couple of games.

It could be that they were not sure if Darcy would play for us, and I guess ready to change their team if the game for them has no bearing on their ladder position.

Narkle and Houston are there outs.

In: Mitch Georgiades, Dante Visentini, Josh Sinn, Jed McEntee, Ollie Lord
Out: Dan Houston (Suspension), Quinton Narkle (Omitted)

Last edited:
Also, so Cox wasn't injured last week? All I can say is he owes his team mates A LOT and had better put in a serious performance this week.
He hasn't been injured since he got back. That doesn't mean he is fit for purpose. You saw him in the wafl. He couldn't run and couldn't bend down. Nothing has changed. He got back in because he is clearly best 22 and because he took a few intercept marks late in the game when he had loosened up. Cox wanted a few more full games in the wafl but they didn't allow it.
Someone had to take Dixon or Ratagolea and they clearly weren't prepared to risk O Mac. At least he won't be on a leading player this time. At least i hope not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn't been injured since he got back. That doesn't mean he is fit for purpose. You saw him in the wafl. He couldn't run and couldn't bend down. Nothing has changed. He got back in because he is clearly best 22 and because he took a few intercept marks late in the game when he had loosened up. Cox wanted a few more full games in the wafl but they didn't allow it.
Someone had to take Dixon or Ratagolea and they clearly weren't prepared to risk O Mac. At least he won't be on a leading player this time. At least i hope not.
Don't think not keeping up with fwd on a lead is Cox's only issue ATM. He doesn't do well 1vs1 def... His asset as def is intercepting..not so great spoiling from behind or in one on one test of strength

I'm prepared to give slack being burned on the lead or conditioning but he was deadset lazy and pathetic on the weekend (from the first quarter) and has actually got off lightly around here considering what it cost us. If he puts that out again we're ****ed and Davies should be playing ahead of him

He has been playing forward, and he is named at CHF, but I think Ratugolea may have to play back otherwise there's only Zerk-Thatcher and Aliir Aliir to cover Voss, Jackson and Amiss.

It's maybe why they've named the extra forward option in Lord, although Georgiades is also back as well.

I thought last time we played Port the umps gave Aliir a lot of leeway to make early body contact in marking contests. A home crowd yelling out might see the umps paying the frees.

Last edited:
I'm prepared to give slack being burned on the lead or conditioning but he was deadset lazy and pathetic on the weekend (from the first quarter) and has actually got off lightly around here considering what it cost us. If he puts that out again we're ****ed and Davies should be playing ahead of him
I seem to remember the "lazy" hysteria on Cox early in his career. I think in a game against Port. It was pretty off base then...

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back