Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m just saying that the freo love is coming from other finals teams who don’t want to meet the doggies, more than it is genuine like for Freo

Yeah, although the Swans/Bulldogs fans like to revisit old battlegrounds. Sometimes I read the game day forums on the main site after a game and it's often 2 other teams that were playing and there's sniping posts between Sydney and Bulldogs supporters hours after the game is over.

I’m just saying that the freo love is coming from other finals teams who don’t want to meet the doggies, more than it is genuine like for Freo
Freo deserve to be in the 8. Beaten us once with the first game not really counting given the tragic circumstances.

You are right though, the prospect of a highly talented dogs outfit coming 9th is very delicious to contemplate.

And most of all, the footy gods have set this us up for Freo to bring it home when it matters most.

Go Freo !

Assuming the game is live, will be interesting to see who lifts and finds another gear and who can't.

I can pretty much lock it in, that Brayshaw and Serong will have massive games. We need 5 or 6 players to go with them, and can't have 4 or 5 poor players dragging the team down.

Can't help but feel careers are made or broken in games like this.

Well @ $67 to win the flag (Sportsbet) I couldn’t resist, it’s my one bet for the year so made it a good one, yes against all odds but if we can just get into the 8 with some of the spine back, you never friggin know!
Robert Redford Nod GIF

There's been a few posts like these and I do appreciate them.

While I like it, where do they come from? Do you really want us to succeed?

Neutrals are usually happy to back us because we're not successful and they don't see us as a threat. That's the nuts and bolts of it basically

Well @ $67 to win the flag (Sportsbet) I couldn’t resist, it’s my one bet for the year so made it a good one, yes against all odds but if we can just get into the 8 with some of the spine back, you never friggin know!
We're not a silly chance. Given this year's topsy turvy results... having 3 possibilities to open up a spot is pretty reasonable odds.

We also shouldn't be afraid of anybody and carry in probably the most consistent formlines into this round.

In fact, while not at all unexpected, it is rather incredible how little respect we get from the eastern pundits. Especially given how willing they are to overlook some flattering results of their fancies have gotten to build a streak, with the said pundits all frothing at the glaze.

We're not a silly chance. Given this year's topsy turvy results... having 3 possibilities to open up a spot is pretty reasonable odds.

We also shouldn't be afraid of anybody and carry in probably the most consistent formlines into this round.

In fact, while not at all unexpected, it is rather incredible how little respect we get from the eastern pundits. Especially given how willing they are to overlook some flattering results of their fancies have gotten to build a streak, with the said pundits all frothing at the glaze.
The hardest thing besides just making finals is we would have to travel 4 weeks in a row. When the Bulldogs did it, they at least got to stay in Melbourne for 2 of the 4 including the GF.

Save your money.

The hardest thing besides just making finals is we would have to travel 4 weeks in a row. When the Bulldogs did it, they at least got to stay in Melbourne for 2 of the 4 including the GF.

Save your money.
There's a bit of luck required no doubt. Conceivably we could get another sighter at the MCG and return to Engie in that lot so if we got through it, we'd be in familiar territory. I mean the possibility of a home final is still not out of the question either.

Long odds aren't formulated out of nothing, but I reckon those odds are longer than they should be. If you are prudent you'd hold off. But if you have the spare cash to lose, it's not the worst shot you could take.

Also is it really a farewell game for Sonny? Surely the club would have made a huge deal of that. He’s one of our all time greats.

It's a bit of an awkward one for the club though - even if it could be his last game we can't acknowledge that because we have to be acting like we still expect to be playing finals next week.

Assuming the game is live, will be interesting to see who lifts and finds another gear and who can't.

I can pretty much lock it in, that Brayshaw and Serong will have massive games. We need 5 or 6 players to go with them, and can't have 4 or 5 poor players dragging the team down.

Players I would back to lift in a finals like game, apart from Brayshaw and Serong, are Clark and Young.

Players I wouldn't count on but hope they can lift are Jackson, Amiss and Sturt.

If they were available I would back Treacy and Moose to pull out something special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players I would back to lift in a finals like game, apart from Brayshaw and Serong, are Clark and Young.

Players I wouldn't count on but hope they can lift are Jackson, Amiss and Sturt.

If they were available I would back Treacy and Moose to pull out something special.
I would add Sonny to that list, he should be fresh and focused.

Given we’ve named an extra mid in the forward line, I’d say both Voss and Walters are in the 22 and sub will be JOM.
Ps just realised we have Stevic umpiring, although as there’s no vic team playing, maybe that’s not a bad thing?

That means Wagner or Banfield dropped for Walters? Can't see it happening but happy for Banfield to have a run at Peel.

I said it last week and it still applies. Time for Jackson to start earning his money. If he kicks 3 we win IMO.

There's also nothing stopping Switta or Freddie doing something similar to what Brent Daniels did last week. If one of those 2 is among the top 5 players on the ground Sunday we probably win.

It's a bit of an awkward one for the club though - even if it could be his last game we can't acknowledge that because we have to be acting like we still expect to be playing finals next week.
Why wouldn't we be expecting us to be playing finals?
I expect us to and I am sure the club and players are as well.
Just need a little bit of luck.

Sturt has hardly put a foot wrong all season. He adds something that others have not been able to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back