Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't Banners spend a fair bit of time on the wing? NoD covers that.

Walters sub.
Nah not in the last month, esp with Walters out. Was playing more fwd, esp the last two. Think except bombers game, bit more wing

NOD and Sharp on opposite wings makes me hard.
Slow Motion Yes GIF by MOODMAN

Would be insane not to start NOD after his form last week.

I reckon Walters or Fyfe will get the vest. I might be crazy but I feel like they’re finally admitting both of them are only really effective in short bursts.

History & reality though probably supports your call.
Why would we pick Fyfe to play him one quarter as the sub.

Everyone loves to overplay Banners mistakes and underplays his value to the team. Sure, he makes mistakes , but if every player gets each of their PBP scrutinized as much as he does we would be omitting players on weekly basis. You can even read the game day threads. Every time he makes an error he gets hung. Every time he does a kick or handball that sets up a goal, praise for the goal kicker and crickets for him. Those saying he had a bad month, he was one of our best against bombers.

Having said that, I don't mind him getting a rest this game. It does seem that he was getting unusually frustrated lately, perhaps with the role he has been given and the scrutiny so probably needs it. Fatigue factor setting in as the season went on, inhibiting his execution or staying in the moment leading to errors. Playing more up ground and wing and games than he has done
Tbh, his role suck for any AFL player. He has performed most games. Just wish he stayed as a wing, because his class is evident.
20 disposals and 3 goals v Bulldogs. Then suddenly pushed half forward

Not really, there's always other factors at play.

• potential ceiling
  • strengths vs weaknesses
  • replaceability/competition for role

That's just a few... and I doubt anyone would argue Banfield scores highly on those metrics compared to (for example) another currently underperforming player like Jackson.

I also think it's generous to Banfield to declare his dropping is based on one mistake when he's been anonymous to poor for weeks now.
Can name 5 players that’s been as poor.
JOM
Chapman
Sharp
Cox
Walker

One change isn’t really impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I read that Walker is our best performing player in losses.

He’s had maybe 2 or 3 bad games this year but has largely been great. People see what they want to see
Yep. People see Walker make a mistake or 2 when trying to make attacking plays & completely fail to notice his opponent (the opposition most dangerous small) has donuts.

He’s by far the best stopper we have and he makes 100M plays going the other way.

Makes a mistake & still goes just as hard at the next attacking opportunity.

I'm prepared to give slack being burned on the lead or conditioning but he was deadset lazy and pathetic on the weekend (from the first quarter) and has actually got off lightly around here considering what it cost us. If he puts that out again we're ****ed and Davies should be playing ahead of him
I read somewhere that Cox was also at fault because of where he punched it. As far as I could see he punched it forward, angled away from goal. Somehow, our defenders and mids not winning it on the ground was also his fault.. In the meantime the coaches who pick a guy that is "lazy and not trying " (supposedly) get blamed for nothing. This has been pretty cruel stuff considering how useless Draper and Clark were in that game and how the coaches had to give Ryan a less important match-up even though he is fully fit. Daniels did almost as much damage as Hogan but I didn't notice any character assignation there. Clark was equally as bad and also had to be given an easier match-up. I suppose that's Cox's fault as well.

I read somewhere that Cox was also at fault because of where he punched it. As far as I could see he punched it forward, angled away from goal. Somehow, our defenders and mids not winning it on the ground was also his fault.. In the meantime the coaches who pick a guy that is "lazy and not trying " (supposedly) get blamed for nothing. This has been pretty cruel stuff considering how useless Draper and Clark were in that game and how the coaches had to give Ryan a less important match-up even though he is fully fit. Daniels did almost as much damage as Hogan but I didn't notice any character assignation there. Clark was equally as bad and also had to be given an easier match-up. I suppose that's Cox's fault as well.
Meh, I used my eyes, Cox was worst on ground as a senior player in a key game. I won't back down from that.

Don't think not keeping up with fwd on a lead is Cox's only issue ATM. He doesn't do well 1vs1 def... His asset as def is intercepting..not so great spoiling from behind or in one on one test of strength
I think he is very good in a particular structure. The fact the he and now Ryan can't take the key or lead up option is a little limiting for our backline structure. We need to make sure we have adequate cover for Pearce because without him or MacDonald we were terribly unbalanced down back. Cox will play better than he us now when fully fit but he is best being left to play to his strengths.

It's fair really. Apart from 3 or 4 years under RTB our club has been irrelevant on the national stage for 26-27 years.
Sounds about right. I would give up a lot for a decent Chris Connolly finals run of 2003-6. It would of meant the world to me had Freo made finals in 2021 as well with back to back finals in 2021-2

Meh, I used my eyes, Cox was worst on ground as a senior player in a key game. I won't back down from that.
Worse than the fit ones who royally stuffed up or have been so pathetic that they can only be given the cushy jobs now, in one of the most important games for the club this year? I don't think I'll back down from that either. Lots of blame to pass around in that performance and in the meantime our bullshit MC who have lost us more games through garbage selection this season than Cox has cost us in his whole career sit back and watch him get humiliated in the media and tell everyone he us fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back