Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Kram , our saints mates want to beat Carlton and in the worst most sadistic way possible!

They want to beat Carlton by a point with a dodgy free kick and let Liam Stocker kick a match winning set shot goal on the siren 🚨 by a point LoL.

The saints also want Freo to beat port too lol

Kram , our saints mates want to beat Carlton and in the worst most sadistic way possible!

They want to beat Carlton by a point with a dodgy free kick and let Liam Stocker kick a match winning set shot goal on the siren by a point LoL.

Carlton losing that way would make my day before the Freo game started.

I hope no one is sitting around super invested thinking this game actually matters? Either the other results wont go our way or they will and we lose this anyway.

The idea of finding form in round 24, scrapping into finals then getting anywhere is a pipedream, the opposite of being dockery and it isn't happening.

Don't like how NOD has moved into the bench.

Feel he's gonna be sub again.
I hope not. He had an instant impact when he came on, and I can’t help wondering how much more he could’ve done if he had played the entire game.

Surely the selection committee can connect the dots with this one.

I hope no one is sitting around super invested thinking this game actually matters? Either the other results wont go our way or they will and we lose this anyway.

The idea of finding form in round 24, scrapping into finals then getting anywhere is a pipedream, the opposite of being dockery and it isn't happening.
Well while we are still alive, we are still alive. Half glass full. Even if the other results dont pan out in our favour, I still will be watching the dead rubber tomorrow......
I am invested in my club and will be supporting them 100% until the lady with the excessively large BMI has sung.

I hope not. He had an instant impact when he came on, and I can’t help wondering how much more he could’ve done if he had played the entire game.

Surely the selection committee can connect the dots with this one.
Maybe, but maybe he had more impact coming on as fresh legs when everyone else was tiring?
In my view, he is a great sub choice....come on very fresh for a quarter and a half and get maximum effort and impact. Utilise his speed while others are already a bit fatigued.

They want to beat Carlton by a point with a dodgy free kick and let Liam Stocker kick a match winning set shot goal on the siren 🚨 by a point LoL.

Yes but could OUR tickers take it?

Heart stopping stuff and would rather Saints win by four goals plus.

Maybe, but maybe he had more impact coming on as fresh legs when everyone else was tiring?
In my view, he is a great sub choice....come on very fresh for a quarter and a half and get maximum effort and impact. Utilise his speed while others are already a bit fatigued.
I hear what you’re saying, but maybe let him play at least half a game instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bringing nod as sub three quarter time isn't that bad.

It allows us to maintain at least our clearance esp in the mid, which was noticeably an issue in the last month or so.

Also, nod still needs to build up to AFL fitness. The reason he had impact coming on as sub is partly he was fresh. Not sure he would perform same level if he played full game

Bringing nod as sub three quarter time isn't that bad.

It allows us to maintain at least our clearance esp in the mid, which was noticeably an issue in the last month or so.

Also, nod still needs to build up to AFL fitness. The reason he had impact coming on as sub is partly he was fresh. Not sure he would perform same level if he played full game
Exactly. Looked like a million bucks in the final quarter last week, primarily due to that he was fresh. I suspect that over a full game, he would fade. Mid way thru the 3rd sub in would be an ideal time assuming we are still in a decent position to win it.
The counter to that though could be that if we are planning to just open the game up with leg speed...in which case, full game worthwhile with him and another mid playing 60% game time rotating off the bench. That could also work. Short bursts thru the middle.....

What's the point of even following a footy team if you're not going to embrace a situation like this of sudden death finals coming a week early?

I reckon O'Driscoll presents best value in the middle at this stage. When on he's electric. That dynamism injection is exactly what we've needed from our mids late in games recently.

If we're gonna go next level we need to foster more midfield options and depth. If that means via sub, it's not a bad thing.

He certainly will bring more instant bang into the team as a sub than Sonny, who is better with longer opportunity snatching or icing to an already risen cake.

I see us as on of the most consistent teams coming into this round...of the finals contenders. Just messed up with some crucial moments here and there.

Almost everyone else has padded out their formlines with easy kills. Nevermind the horrendous lapses that have been all too easily overlooked by the Vic media.

We should feel as confident in our ability to challenge from anywhere, if not more, than anybody.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back