Toast Round 24 = Melbourne 57-103 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a pretty shit year and a game short for finals probably. In saying that you reap what you sow and we didn’t deserve to be in there. When almost half the sides make finals you’re a pretty ordinary side not to be there.

As Richo just pointed out, if we hadn't given up the last scores against Freo (thanks to the umpire!) and Essendon, we'd be in the eight. ☹️

Nevertheless, I'm so proud of our boys and thankful for all they gave to us this season. Billy MOTY and Nick GO T Y.

Tonight's win and the contribution of Allan and Parker made me very optimistic for next year and I can cope with a stress-free final series 😉
We had six wins by 6pts or less.

We were incredibly lucky to finish as high as we did.

I won’t watch Finals

Watch AFLW instead
Come on, TradeDraft! Finals footy is the best. It's fun watching teams you have no investment in, slogging it out. The pain will come on Grand final day- no matter who wins it, I will feel sick. Slightly less sick if it's the Giants, Freo, LIons or Port.

Actually shocked that Dixon and Brereton are talking sense about the Pickett incident.

They're spot on. Moore goes for the ball and Pickett deliberately bumps. It's irrelevant if Moore lowers his body.
Yeah the whole rhetoric from commentators about Moore lowering the body is strange. It was a ground ball. The logical thing for a player to do is to lower themselves to gather it, I can’t imagine that Pickett wouldn’t have foreseen Moore trying to get possession. He had the option to lower himself to contest the ball but instead took his eyes off the ball and played the man, caught him high and concussed him. Thats multiple weeks, period.

Come on, TradeDraft! Finals footy is the best. It's fun watching teams you have no investment in, slogging it out. The pain will come on Grand final day- no matter who wins it, I will feel sick. Slightly less sick if it's the Giants, Freo, LIons or Port.
If you believe port than your not a proper Collingwood supporter like wtf

Yeah the whole rhetoric from commentators about Moore lowering the body is strange. It was a ground ball. The logical thing for a player to do is to lower themselves to gather it, I can’t imagine that Pickett wouldn’t have foreseen Moore trying to get possession. He had the option to lower himself to contest the ball but instead took his eyes off the ball and played the man, caught him high and concussed him. Thats multiple weeks, period.
Moore did what every other player did beforehand that game yet alone the whole year. Pickets automatic response is to always go the bump and it's dangerous play. If they don't suspend him and make him think twice just wait till he puts someone in Murphy's position with a similar play it's pretty much gaurteneed to happen.

Allan ✅
Parker ✅

Sidey isn’t cooked

Bring on 25 with a fresh degoey and checkers and Mcstay playing a full season

Just need to turn Sidey into the anti KB, just handball it, no kicking allowed!!!

Positive end to the year, anyone seriously expecting anything more than a 40-50 point win were kidding themselves, especially in those conditions.

Did anything interesting happen from the restart? We gave up after 30 minutes and headed home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a strange feeling Lipinski will be BOG tonight. Yes it's wet and he shouldn't be but we saw in the pre-season games that his best came when unmarked and pressure was down. I'm expecting Melbourne's midfield to struggle to fire a shot without Petracca and Oliver.

That's it! Lipinski 20+ into the multi.

Should have went for the 30 and 2. ;)

Thought all the kids were good. Ed. Parker, Dean, even Fin was good when he came on. Fly was very happy for him at the end. Time to give them more responsibility next year. Its not a bad thing to select a young side.
Good signs for 2025.

The Daicos boys were exceptional
Lippa's game was elite.

Last edited:
While the AFL discourages players going to their knees like Moore the alternative was to bend to pick up the footy. Either way Moore gets concussed by a thug who had no eyes on the footy and made no play at the footy.

Can’t say that wasn’t one of the most bizarre finishes to a season that we’ll ever experience.

Nice way to finish the season despite no finals. Won 4 of our last 5 games and have some reason to be optimistic heading into 2025.

One of the highlights of the night was seeing Allan step up to the plate and kick his first career goal.

Best wishes to everyone in the off season. Here’s to a successful 2025.

Stellar thread work

Cheers

Has any team ever missed finals before with over 50 premiership points?
Apart from the drug cheating Bombers that is.
Yes, I posted this in another thread last week listing all the teams who have failed to qualify despite winning 13 (or the equivalent of 13) games.

In normal circumstances, it's never happened during the final 8 system but bearing in mind we now play 23 games rather than the previous standard of 22.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 24 = Melbourne 57-103 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back