Review Round 24 - Richmond @MCG Stadium - 24th August 2024 - 2:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor Hardwick getting a lesson on what it’s like following this team late in the season when holidays are in sight.

We’ve been expecting a late season response since 2011.

EDIT: Also, just listening to the Luko stuff, I have no idea what will happen there, but it is a refreshingly competent change to hear Hardwick talking him up, instead of the usual ‘try and drive their value into the ground by talking sh*t about them before trade period starts’ we seem to usually go for.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At some point, got to start winning some of these late season games.
A win would also take us to a new record of 11 wins.
Sad....but true.

Anyone else concerned that we’re going to compound overpaying for Rioli by actually losing to Richmond today? Thus ending our season as only the Suns can do
Funnily enough we could well see a repeat of last year where we knocked North out of pick 1 by getting thumped by them, except ironically this time North would “benefit” by moving into pick 1 and Richmond up to 17th.
I do expect nothing less.

Anyone else concerned that we’re going to compound overpaying for Rioli by actually losing to Richmond today? Thus ending our season as only the Suns can do
We looked physically and emotionally spent against Demons. Re-watching last quarter was tough. I am expecting a loss.

IMO, while Rioli looks a good player he would be hardly a game changer for us. Bloody hell, even Sexton has similar stats this year.

I am more worried about our midfield issues and its disconnect from forward line. So many hopeless inside 50 entries. Improve entries and we will be a different team. Inability to convert is another glaring issue. In training they are hitting goals from everywhere (see Walter video on FB). During games they melt.

No doubt, we will overpay to get Rioli. Question is how much. Let's see who will be blamed for it. Cameron or Dimma?

Personally, I don't care about picks. Whoever we draft add 3-5 years to never ending cycle of development and future promise. We have to start winning next year or more players will leave.

Last edited:
We looked physically and emotionally spent against Demons. Re-watching last quarter was tough. I am expecting a loss.

IMO, while Rioli looks a good player he would be hardly a game changer for us. Bloody hell, even Sexton has similar stats this year.

I am more worried about our midfield issues and its disconnect from forward line. So many hopeless inside 50 entries. Improve entries and we will be a different team. Inability to convert is another glaring issue. In training they are hitting goals from everywhere (see Walter video on FB). During games they melt.

No doubt, we will overpay to get Rioli. Question is how much. Let's see who will be blamed for it. Cameron or Dimma?

Personally, I don't care about picks. Whoever we draft add 3-5 years to never ending cycle of development and future promise. We have to start winning next year or more players will leave.
I'll be at PFS tomorrow morning handing out "Enough with the Picks Already" T-shirts
You know-Geez-how good are the Uhwlands and Lombard going to be ???
(In 5 years when Rowelly Ando Mac etc have moved on to greener pastures)

At some point, got to start winning some of these late season games.
A win would also take us to a new record of 11 wins.
Sad....but true.
As frustrating as it's been, 11 wins in a season is a step forward. A 9-2 home record is a step forward. An away win at Marvel against a big Melbourne club is a step forward. 4 sell out home games in a season is a step forward. A new membership record is a step forward.

And an away win at the MCG today would be a step forward. It's just frustrating that it's been baby steps and not major strides forward in 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 24 - Richmond @MCG Stadium - 24th August 2024 - 2:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back