Preview Round 3, 2021: North Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs @ Marvel Stadium | (Good) Friday, April 2 @ 4:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jed promises a Dog fight!

Bloody hell so we've got a Michael Vick situation on our hands?

Out - most likely good friday fixture with us if we lose by 100 ( realistic possibility)
That's what worries me. If we aren't competitive they will take it off us. I am crossing my fingers and toes that we don't get absolutely flogged.

Must get to the game if you can. This is very important. Could be our last on Good Friday if we don’t show up in numbers.
I don't think numbers will be our problem (I know some people still aren't attending due to not having the COVID jab). I think WB fans will turn up in droves if we don't.

I've spoken with a few North fans I know who usually attend and asked if they have their tickets for Friday. Half said they're going away for Easter.

I followed up with "would you delay departure until after the game if we were winning?" and the answer was "yes".

We'll be there but my folks will be away.

Send Bonar to him... Let him trail him everywhere.

Tough ask.
I've spoken with a few North fans I know who usually attend and asked if they have their tickets for Friday. Half said they're going away for Easter.

I followed up with "would you delay departure until after the game if we were winning?" and the answer was "yes".

I had to have a bit of a heated debate with the wife that we now go away on Easter Saturday. It’s a non negotiable.

Number three draft pick Will Phillips completed his first full game of football in 18 months due to Covid and was effective in midfield as he looks to continue to build match fitness.

That reads like Phillips might be another week away. Hope not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, ticket process went pretty smoothly today. Got 6 tickets all up including friends who gave me their barcodes. All seating together on Level 1. Aisle 34

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another shit crowd is on the cards then.

Number three draft pick Will Phillips completed his first full game of football in 18 months due to Covid and was effective in midfield as he looks to continue to build match fitness.

That reads like Phillips might be another week away. Hope not.

If he was playing we would have announced it early in the week

Another sh*t crowd is on the cards then.

Then North fans will wonder what lost them the marquee despite wanting it, and the club campaigning for it for years.

Deciding not to turn up on the one game of the year that the club actually asks their fans to come out to just because we suck right now is a piss poor effort.

North has quite a few fairweather fans that seem to suddenly re-appear when we play finals. Whatever, that's sports for ya.

Last edited:

North Melbourne skipper Jack Ziebell puts young side on notice and demands Good Friday response
Ahead of North Melbourne’s Good Friday clash with the Bulldogs, skipper Jack Ziebell has demanded a response from his struggling side.

Nick Smart

North Melbourne skipper Jack Ziebell has labelled last weekend’s heavy loss to Gold Coast as ‘not what we stand for’ and demanded a response from his young side on Good Friday.

In the first half against the Suns last Saturday night, the winless Kangaroos conceded 9.6 and kicked just 2.4 on their way to a 59-point thrashing.
Ziebell said morale within the playing group remained strong, but stressed a much improved showing against the Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium was crucial.

“It was unacceptable and the performance was not what we stand for, and it’s something our members and fans would definitely be disappointed to see,” Ziebell said.

“But we understand that going forward we’re going to put better performances together and we’ve shown in bits and parts this year against Port Adelaide this year, and even on the Gold Coast there were bits in that where we showed we can do it.

“One of the key indicators that came out of that game was we have opportunities to play really well, but it’s about taking them and making sure we make those areas count.

“We do that we’re going to be in the game and in the hunt, and from there we’ll be a real sniff, so that’s the plan.
“We’ll definitely expect a response on Friday.
“The boys are pretty good, the coach is fantastic and he has some really good messages in those situations.”

Ziebell described the inclusion of gun onballer Ben Cunnington against the Bulldogs as “huge.”

The star midfielder suffered a horror 2020 campaign, playing just two and a half matches early in the year, then suffering a concussion at training this pre-season.

“I know him pretty well and I know it’s absolutely been killing him (not playing),” Ziebell said.

“He’s missed about 12 months of footy so it’s been a very long time, and I don’t think he’s ever missed that much footy in his life.
“I think he’s rediscovered his passion and love for football, and it’s not that ever lost it but being out of the team has made him really keen to get back.”

The Roos captain said he was relishing his new role off half-back so far this season.

“I really enjoy seeing the game ahead of you and trying to provide a bit of leadership in the back half,” he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back