Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

The longer this coach stays the more he infects the new players coming through with his loser mentality. JHF is next. He will coach the mongrel win at all cost out of him in no time like he has the others

The longer this coach stays the more he infects the new players coming through with his loser mentality. JHF is next. He will coach the mongrel win at all cost out of him in no time like he has the others

Buckley arrived to a middling Collingwood in 1994, Leigh Matthews was sacked at the end of 1995, he said at the time;

I can see where they’re coming from, so there’s animosity. Sometimes you just need a change and sometimes the easiest position to change is the coaching position

The President at the time also left at the end of 95.

After that it was one step back and two forward.

Draw the parallels at your pleasure.

Part of our problem is we can no longer attract quality. Adelaide has the same issue
I agree Ric but I also think there’s plenty of talent that hasn’t been given an opportunity.

Look at McRae. He was not the favourite to get the senior job at Collingwood and wasn’t widely acknowledged as the next big thing.

This was an absolute sh*tshow of a performance by the Power. -10 inside 50's, -22 contested possessions. We won the clearances by 11 but were unable to capitalize. Its a shame that even with such a deep midfield list we've been beaten in the contested possessions 2 weeks in a row. As soon as the crows were up by 8 points it's like the power gave up. Being dominated by a team who had 2 consecutive losses under the belts is pathetic. Ken Hinkley needs to be sacced.

Having friends who are high up in the corporate world, and they constantly say to me what has Koch actually accomplished in this world other than being a pawn in the media.
Never had to make tough corporate calls on people's jobs or future
As for making big profits and the club being in a much better financial position, that's a fallacy, anything is possible when you use creative accounting to "pretty up" your books.
Don't expect any tough decision from any man who spends 45 minutes at a minimum putting on his makeup before starting work.

The decision to sub Duursma was just tinkering for the sake of tinkering. Why sub a gutsy 2 way runner?
Not saying it would have made a huge difference to the overall result but surely there were bigger positional changes to make?
Gutless coaching performance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You got your first glimpse of why we're such a jaded bunch of fans.

Shame there was zero atmosphere all night for you neutrals. That's gotta be the quietest Showdown I've ever attended. Our supporter base is completely disenchanted and disengaged.

The club is in a terrible, terrible position and desperately needs an injection of hope to break this mid table rut.
No atmosphere? Quietest showdown? I thought the atmosphere was great.

Hinkley is gone though.

Lycett and Jonas genuinely should never play another AFL game. The mids except for Rozee were shocking. Don't know whether Zak has always been this mediocre but I'm getting a bit concerned for what he'll turn out to be (at least under this coach). One thing I noticed with the Crows last night was that even under pressure they were always able to find someone to hand it off cleanly to - when we were in similar situations we fumbled, panicked and turned it over. Round 1 is looking like an absolute fluke and we'd be lucky to beat the Hawks at this rate.

ken Hinkley is poison to this club, the fact he’ll happily just sit it out for the rest of the season without putting his hand up and just leave is the sort of the person he is.

besides alir and Burton our defence would have to be the worst in the comp.

The fact veterans like boak and wines couldn't stand up against the crows 8 point lead in the 4th quarter with 12 miutes on the clock just goes to show the mentality of hinkley and this team. This is the 4th year in a row port have completely choked. 2020 Prelim, 2021 Prelim, 2022 season and rnd 3 showdown, 2023 rnd 3 showdown +more to come

I think it can't be exaggerated how playing boak in the last 2 games stinks desperation.

I fractured my wrist falling of a set of monkey bars as a kid. doctor put me in a cast from knuckels to past my elbow.

Iasked the doctor for how long, he said it takes about 6 weeks or so for an adult to heal enough for the cast to come off, sometimes kids are faster healers and it can come in 4.

at the 4 week mark i spent 2 more weeks in a cast.

there is 0 % chance boaks ribs a healed to the point of no pain. he broke his ribs 2 weeks before the season started and has missed just one game.
today was what 5 weeks since the break, which we didnt notice until the week of round 1.

Boak may still be past it, but he still bleeds for this club and only a weak incompetent coach like hinkley would let him put his hand up for selection for the last 2 weeks.

Boak should have been on the sidelines for at least another week then had a warm up game in round 3 of the SANFL, instead stickly threw him to the wolves to watch im squib it in the last qtr of a showdown.

hes a clown and a cancer. get out of our ******* club you parasite.
you're semi right about boak...as in his desire to be out there

fact is, if he isnt 100% fit, he had no right to be out there. he took a game away from someone else

he besmirched his own legacy last night. that is very sad. i have many words i could use to describe aspecfs of his career, but on field cowardice was never one of them. sadly, evading a contest when the game was there, and the players desperate for a leader to stand up, might define his legacy

15 years and the longer he plays on the more acts of fear, incompetence, selfishness or, sorry to say, what appeared to be on-field cowardice appeqr to be the direction his legacy is taking

on some levels i feel for him. but when you were paid $800k a year cry me a river

we could probably find a hundred courier drivers or retail workers drugging up to get through a day with sciatica, or arthritic knuckles , if we are searching for courage through physical adversity

at the end of the day, ken is probably still there because Robbie gray and Travis boak wanted an imposter to coach PAFC

ken Hinkley is poison to this club, the fact he’ll happily just sit it out for the rest of the season without putting his hand up and just leave is the sort of the person he is.

besides alir and Burton our defence would have to be the worst in the comp.
They’re not that good

First bounce

Butters (zero centre clearances in first 2 games)
Rozee (zero centre clearances over first 2 games)

and after last nights game they now have a combined total of 1 centre clearance for the year

JHF on the bench. No idea where Wines and Boak are.

total football!
Jhf on the bench to the start was hilarious 😂 what a way to make him feel good and give him confidence. coach is a fraud

Port need to go back to round 1. What went well. JHF, rozee, butters, and Wines for experience. With sydney having a midfield list just as young with the likes of chad warner and errol gulden. If sydeny come out with the same midfield I belive this should be our midfield. Rovers: JHF, Rozee, Butters. Ruck: Hayes. Wings: Boak and Farrel

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back