Round 3:- Blues V Bombers pre match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I would assume you Essendon loosers are putting money on your team becuase it's offering a huge returns, or are you just mouthing off....

The odds for wooden spoon are shorter, and probably a better bet... ha ha ha ha ha

You;ll get smashed loosers

At $4.00 you would be crazy not to put a few quid on a team that has won it's past 3 encounters against the opponent.

There is as much chance of Essendon winning the wooden spoon as there is of Carlton winning the premiership.

I have never said that your players are elite, far from in it, in fact I am trying to convince you that not only are they not elite, they are not prospective Elites.
When did I claim that I said or you said they were elite? I merely stated that you were given prospects, but wrote them off just because they aren't elite
quote you "How are Zach, Assreimer and the rest of that motley bunch remotely ELITE?"
"They make Judd, Gibbs, Murph and Stevens look second rate"

And let me tell you, both Gibbs and Murph had star marked on their draft cards
quote you again "Just giving someone a run through the middle does not make them a prospect" and just because someone "looks like a mid, runs through the mid, was once called a mid in school" doesn't make them elite
that is unless they are carlton youngters?
i'll admit, murph and bryce are NOW stars, but when they had only <15 games, they wernt. just as our youngsters are now, potential stars

"But again you need to be reminded that what Hille did last year is IRRELEVENT"
so Hille's b&f season counts for nothing, but an u18 season does?

None, repeat none, of the Bomber recent draft picks have had that kind of rap pre draft and none have turned out to be smokeys either.
i thought past years counted for nothing? and no one was saying they are the huge smokeys of their drafts, but theyve barely had any experience, and from what theyve shown so far, sugges they could

So I have been kind to you even though you called stupid. I could have degenerated into equally juvenile language and said "No I'm not you are" but I havent. So off you go now, you have had a fair run on our board, but enough is enough. Rack off.

yeah, your definitely being the better man, and not juvenile
yet another quote "Lets go through this slowly because you and your dumbass mates are clearly lost and learning impaired"
"Are you mental?"
"You and your dumbass interlopers"
i don't even have to argue with you any more, I can use your own arguments to show you how your wrong

and then, if we wanted to, we could look at the fact that you said to be a prospect you have to have "Having emerging talent, being rated by others"
once i point out theyve won rising star nominations, you realize your wrong so you dont even bring up the point again.
try again buddy

The way the game is evolving the days of the big Full Forward are slowly diminishing, all the top sides have more mobile types...teams adapt, just as yours is with Hird retiring.

No player had kicked above Matthew Lloyd's 96 goals in 2001 until Franklin (102) and Fevola (99) in '08.

You may not see it happen this year as half the competition feel as though the rolling zone and defensive cluster is going to bring them closer to winning a premiership... history tells us that copying the game plan of the previous year's premiers doesn't get them closer to winning a premiership and that a gameplan must be sort out in order to defeat the previous year's premiers gamplan... err... if that makes sense! :confused:

Within 2-3 years Matthew Knights' gameplan of quick run and quick ball movement (at all costs) will be the gameplan that defeats the rolling zone and defensive cluster, now whether Essendon have the personnel or not to execute the gameplan or not is yet to be determined. Knights' gameplan is closer to Geelong's I suppose.

Carlton are simply hungrier than they have been in some time, players like Houlihan, Hadley et al are playing well above themselves at this early stage of the season, the question is whether Carlton can maintain that level of intensity over a full season.

The way the game is evolving the days of the big Full Forward are slowly diminishing, all the top sides have more mobile types...teams adapt, just as yours is with Hird retiring.

Who are carltons "more mobile types" waiting in the wings to take over then?
Fev kicked 99 goals last year, how would carlton have gone without him?
How would the Hawks have gone without Franklin and Roughead?

The top 8 of the coleman last year were all tall forwards.
The big, slow, gorilla forwards may be diminishing, but tall marking forwards are not. All the top sides have them (bar the doggies).

Who have carlton got besides Fev?

Fisher? Cloke? Hartlett?

Who will your star studded midfield be kicking it to once hes injured/retired?

Hahhahah, no mate i can assure you that its all geniune. I've read plenty of Harkers posts and they are very balanced and good.

Calling me a sycophant earlier wasn't on.

HarkMan goes good. External raps go good.

Homer et virtually al

So you feel a forward line consisting of Cloke, Murphy, Betts, Wiggins, Houlihan and Robinson could win a flag?

So, Essendon are reliant on players that are finished, but we're in trouble once these players retire, because we're so reliant on them?? Is that what you're trying to say?

We have recruited players with the aim of replacing them.
Hurley, Pears, Daniher, Gumbleton, Neagle, Ryder. Yes they're young, but the signs are pretty good.

Merely trying to work out who Carlton's backups are.
Setanta and Fisher?

Your midfield will truly be great, there's no denying that. 3 number 1 picks (inc Kreuzer) should make sure of it.
Who will they be kicking it to once Fev goes?

In 4 or 5 years you mean????

Im sure free agency will fix that....

Who do you have this saturday to kick it to????:thumbsu::)

Who is this Neagle or Gumbleton I keep hearing about?

The signs are good for Essendon, yet Neagle played for Bendigo and had a poorer game than Jake Edwards according to match reports.

Houlihan and Hadley are playing above themselves, yet Lovett is going to be AA and win a Brownlow according to Knights.

The Essendon dog has finally turned the corner.

Still can't lay a tackle against Fremantle

The Bombers will win the flag when they hit their straps in 2011 with a 30 year old Hille leading the way.

Even though Hille was belted by Sandilands on the weekend, he's still the best young ruck in the game and an up and comer at 28.

Carlton won't draft any KPP in the next two to three drafts.

Back to the drawing board for the Blues...

A challenge I am happy to take up.

Based on the teams for Round 2:

Carlton: Ave. 68.2 games per player - Essendon: Ave. 79 games per player
Carlton: Ave. age = 23 yrs 5 mths - Essendon: 24.0 yrs.

When looking at stats like this, it is important to take the median of the numbers as extremely high (e.g. 200+ game players) and low (e.g. debutants) can skew the average significantly.

If you take the median number of games of players who played last week, Essendon's works out to be 56 whilst Carlton's works out to be 55.5. Given that Steven's will come in this week and McPhee will miss for us that could change depending on who gets replaced/dropped.

So it's a lot closer than people think and will change significantly in the next couple of years following the retirements of Lloyd, Lucas and Fletcher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brett Ratten and Matthew Knights media conference

Hartlett in the mix to replace Jamison in the next three weeks as a CHB or CHF after he kicked 3.3 on the weekend.

Setanta is playing in the ruck for match fitness.

Working beautifully Ratts.

Grigg very close.

Jamison was injured against Richmond.

Why do they call a mark a catch? :thumbsdown: :mad:

Carltonfc.com.au link: crap headline from the sub-editors
Ratten confirmed Nick Stevens would return from suspension, but is still undecided on a replacement for injured full-back Michael Jamison.
The Bombers will once again be without Mark McVeigh who will need another week to regain conditioning after an ankle injury.

Fev has been on those crutches after we played our last praccy match in WA (which was when he injured his heel)
from what I know, he played rnd 1 & 2 being on crutches during both of those weeks.
No need to worry about Fev..... he is raring to go & stated he wants to play

edit: the crutches are a precautionary thing to try & aid his heel in healing properly (so to speak)
assists him in keeping his weight off his foot during the week

Thats committment for you, good on him!.

Thanks for the info

Wow, the "quick run and quick ball movement" gameplan. Sounds pretty sophisticated. lol. Knights was a terrible coaching appointment. You'll get someone better next year I suspect. :)

Sophisticated gameplans are only needed for teams with shit lists - by that I am insinuating Essendon does not have a shit list.

... by that I am insinuating Essendon does not have a shit list.

But they do, and a weak gameplan as well. Explains why you got thrashed by Port 2 weeks ago, and why many Dons supporters and Club insiders aren't happy with the Knights coaching appointment. You should have done better than just promoting an ex-Bleakmond VFL coach. It was a last-resort decision. :)

But they do, and a weak gameplan as well. Explains why you got thrashed by Port 2 weeks ago, and why many Dons supporters and Club insiders aren't happy with the Knights coaching appointment. You should have done better than just promoting an ex-Bleakmond VFL coach. It was a last-resort decision. :)

So you believe the constant crap coming from the likes of Patrick Smith and the long since dead and buried "Save Sheedy" factions do you?

:D

The average Essendon fan realises that we are going to be beaten with the game paln..at the moment. Because of the lack of experience in the side, losses are more likely to happen with the game plan we've got - but, most (I would say well over 75%) are quite happy to let things develop and let the players develop.

I can tell you, that we are in no way placing any pressure on the kids we have. I use Hocking as a case in point.

This guy was on our rookie list for basically 2 seasons and had some injury worries. But, if you went along to Bendigo games as I did, you could see what type of game he was able to play.

With Welsh out, the club was looking heavily for a tagging midifelder who could get a fair share of the ball himself. Hocking fits that bill. According to Knights and the coaching staff, he is being backed. And after 2 weeks, is laready a lock for the Most Improved award at Essendon...and will pprobably sneak a Brownlow vote or 2 (his performance on S. Burgoyne in Round 1 was quite outstanding for a bloke who had played a bare handful of games before that).

Hocking's job this week is likely to be tagging Murphy. One match-up to watch, as whilst Murphy will get the ball - I'm not sure how he goes with the defensive side of his game if his opponent gets it (Hocking's had over 50 touches already this year - not bad for a tagger!)

try again buddy

You are seriously slow arent you. And persistant and annoying, like that one blowie that seems immune to Aerogard but also has no problem being slapped down again and again. I am starting to feel like a bully becuase you offer absolutely no resistance to the continual bitch slaps you are getting on here.

Here it is for you again one very very last time because teaching developmentally challanged kids is not my specialty, I dont have the patience for it.

Assreimer, Zach, et al have shown no repeat zero, nada, bereft of signs of become elite. I asked you to show me your decent (another word for elite) mid prospects. You have mid prospects, anyone apparantly that ever put his hand up in under 9's when the coach said who wants a go in the centre is a mid prospect down your way BUT NONE OF THEM ARE DECENT OR SHOW ANY SIGN OF EVER BEING DECENT/ELITE. Got it now pinhead?

Murph and Gibbs both had future champion stickers in their draft camp books, right next to the elephant stamps. You clearly know nothing about nor have studied any of the past half dozen drafts. There is not a recruiter in the land that did not mark them down as future or already elite and not a club that wouldnt have snapped them up if available nor wouldnt trade their first born for them if they were ever on the market.

Correct, what Hille did last year is about as relevent to Essendon this year as what Fraser Gerhig did 2 years ago is to the Saints this year. So far this year Gerhig has done better at AFL level than Hille, at least Gerhig wasnt dacked twice and had his little botty spanked.

Being nominated for a rising star means the player played, let me see how do they choose again, oh thats right, 1, count em with me 1 good game. FFS even Cain Ackland played 1 good game for Carlton. Do you rate him? Cos we sure do around here, NOT. But given Hilles form, he would be welcome down at winless hill right now.

And finally, you and your dumbass mates are clearly lost and learning impaired, that plus the fact you are downright rude to be insulting our inteligence with your posts ON OUR BOARD. You cerebral giant.

Now piss off. Wheres that pest control guy when you need em.

I don't understand why you keep saying we got 'thrashed' by Port 2 weeks ago. You clearly didn't watch the game at all. We were within 3 goals until the last 10 minutes of the game. That is not being thrashed.

You must obviously be heavily involved with the inner workings of the Essendon FC to know why so many supporters and club insiders aren't happy with the Knights coaching appointment. Given that you think so poorly of us I don't know why you would waste your time with such things...especially considering the current state of affairs at Carlton given your superior list, game plan, coaches and recruiting which you have argued (without fact) ad nauseam. :)

You are seriously slow arent you. And persistant and annoying, like that one blowie that seems immune to Aerogard but also has no problem being slapped down again and again. I am starting to feel like a bully becuase you offer absolutely no resistance to the continual bitch slaps you are getting on here.

Here it is for you again one very very last time because teaching developmentally challanged kids is not my specialty, I dont have the patience for it.

Assreimer, Zach, et al have shown no repeat zero, nada, bereft of signs of become elite. I asked you to show me your decent (another word for elite) mid prospects. You have mid prospects, anyone apparantly that ever put his hand up in under 9's when the coach said who wants a go in the centre is a mid prospect down your way BUT NONE OF THEM ARE DECENT OR SHOW ANY SIGN OF EVER BEING DECENT/ELITE. Got it now pinhead?

Murph and Gibbs both had future champion stickers in their draft camp books, right next to the elephant stamps. You clearly know nothing about nor have studied any of the past half dozen drafts. There is not a recruiter in the land that did not mark them down as future or already elite and not a club that wouldnt have snapped them up if available nor wouldnt trade their first born for them if they were ever on the market.

Correct, what Hille did last year is about as relevent to Essendon this year as what Fraser Gerhig did 2 years ago is to the Saints this year. So far this year Gerhig has done better at AFL level than Hille, at least Gerhig wasnt dacked twice and had his little botty spanked.

Being nominated for a rising star means the player played, let me see how do they choose again, oh thats right, 1, count em with me 1 good game. FFS even Cain Ackland played 1 good game for Carlton. Do you rate him? Cos we sure do around here, NOT. But given Hilles form, he would be welcome down at winless hill right now.

And finally, you and your dumbass mates are clearly lost and learning impaired, that plus the fact you are downright rude to be insulting our inteligence with your posts ON OUR BOARD. You cerebral giant.

Now piss off. Wheres that pest control guy when you need em.

Beautifully said sir! Zaharakis was bog for the bombers last week showing how inept the rest of his elder teammates are when it takes a first gamer to show the rest of the squad how to hit a target inside forward fifty.

Well done to Essendon on finally finding a player that can use the football to advantage instead of turning it over ala Jobe Watson.

If Mitch Robinson was playing at Essendon he would be their number one midfielder after 2 games and a certainty for the rising star!!

I wanna absolutely smash this mob this weekend, on paper they do not deserve to clean up after us let alone sit on the same dinner table!! I know matches are not won on paper but if we come to play i want to make these pricks hurt like they made us hurt with that 99 point drubbing a few years back!! I just hope the lads turn up ready to put in a 4 qtr performance, if they do these scum supporters wont be seen on here for a while such is the pain that'll be inflicted!

Now stop coming on here telling us how much better your players are than ours when the whole football world knows that is not the case!!! Win lose or draw saturday night i'm confident we'll be challenging for the big prize a helluva lot sooner than that list that wondercoach sheedy left you guys with! Have fun cleaning up that mess Knights!

Had to stop reading there.
Anyone that thinks "decent" is another word for "elite", must seriously be lacking in the brains department.

Well to be honest I was being a bit kind to the poor kid. I asked for a decent mid prospect and you don't even have any of those let alone as you rightly point out, the next level up of elite. But I didn't want to be so harsh but seeing as how you have pointed it out, YES you are correct, you have neither decent mid prospects or elite mid prospects.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3:- Blues V Bombers pre match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back