Round 3: Changes Vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, Darcy based on todays effort - but, for who? We aren't gunning for a Grand Final this year, the development will stand him in good stead in future years even if it negatively affects the whole team for the year.

We totally lost this game in the midfield, the defenders with the repeated entries to defense were under huge pressure, I'd give Hughes a free pass on this game as all defenders will occasionally be given a haircut. But it needs to be a one off, it's up to him to do a credible job as a defender in spite of the odds.

A big, quality mid with some defensive nouse would have been handy today - Blakely, stop chatting up the medicos, we need you on the park... Or Cerra's future self if he wouldn't mind stepping in a time machine.
Its the bad old devil we got 3 rucks in our team , 2 can play forward 2 compliment Hogan & CMac & we need run.
You work it out

Out: Banfield and Hughes
In: Switta and Duman

Darcy won the hit outs and he needs more games. At home next week he will dominate with Lobb.

Langdon got 26 disposals and cannot be dropped. Tabs was solid.

Fyfe and BHill were amazing. Colyer tried hard. Poorest game I have seen from David Mundy for many a long year. And Pearce and Hughes made a lot of mistakes. Hogan was ok in his first game - didn't mind him in the middle.

No need for panic stations yet but I thought we really lacked a bit of drive from the middle. We rebounded poorly and our shape look substandard.

Need to beat the Saints big time.

I can’t figure out why he isn’t getting midfield minutes.

Agree, but if he’s doing a blanketing job better than our actual defenders like Duman and Nyhuis then I’m ok with it. I’ll be very interested to hear from someone, anyone that was at the game as to who he was on.

Darcy for who, if we put Lobb in the ruck he will get smashed around too much and get injured. People forget Darcy is 20 years old, he will be the premier ruck in the comp when he is 25, he just needs to get there and the development will be slow.

Darcy for who, if we put Lobb in the ruck he will get smashed around too much and get injured. People forget Darcy is 20 years old, he will be the premier ruck in the comp when he is 25, he just needs to get there and the development will be slow.
Well he looks like the premier most fattest underdone ruck at the moment.

Do you drop Brayshaw after that? Had an absolute howler.

Hughes was worse, reckon he gave up 7 goals minimum.
Brayshaw has played like 19 games and is in a shit midfield unit, and Cerra got even less touches.

Those guys are the last to get cut. They're young. They sometimes have bad games. They have so much potential and have already played enough good games to continue on in the team. They need hours in the middle too.

And people call me reactionary ffs.

Our forwards were not the problem. Our problem was the midfield.

Those of you thinking we were too tall forward did not watch the same game I did. We could not win it out of the middle and we couldn't rebound out of defence.

I like Hogan in the middle for the bounces.

Darcy CAN NOT be dropped.

We will be better next week. Just a couple of changes and a bit more desperation.

Brayshaw has played like 19 games and is in a shit midfield unit, and Cerra got even less touches.

Those guys are the last to get cut. They're young. They sometimes have bad games. They have so much potential and have already played enough good games to continue on in the team. They need hours in the middle too.

And people call me reactionary ffs.
Thank you captain obvious.

What part of the question mark was ambiguous?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you captain obvious.

What part of the question mark was ambiguous?
Your post was vague and frankly weird. And that's my issue?

'Captain Obvious.' Are you some kind of patronising school teacher from year 6?

You're just a bloke with make believe football in his signature and a bunch of lame badges in his little line underneath, and you patronise me?

How many games of football have you even played?

**** me dead.

Your post was vague and frankly weird. And that's my issue?

'Captain Obvious.' Are you some kind of patronising school teacher from year 6?

You're just a bloke with make believe football in his signature and a bunch of lame badges in his little line underneath, and you patronise me?

How many games of football have you even played?

**** me dead.
It was a completely reasonable question to pose given the performance.

You stated the blatantly obvious like some kind of inspired observation, and were intentionally and unnecessarily condescending.

I've called you on it, and you've reacted like a baby.

Please, go on.

Midfield was the big problem from that one. Not sure what Cerra and Conca are doing at HB. Wasn't Conca supposed to be Neale's replacement? No point dropping one of the talls because Hogan was better than anyone not named Fyfe or Hill when he played mid so at worst he does it again.

Out: Banfield & Hughes
In: Duman & Logue

2 defenders in means that we can release Conca/Cerra into the midfield. Schultz could be swapped with Switta but I don't think that's fixing anything. Wilson and Darcy on very, very shaky ground but we probably need to back em in this early into the season.

It was a completely reasonable question to pose given the performance.

You stated the blatantly obvious like some kind of inspired observation, and were intentionally and unnecessarily condescending.

I've called you on it, and you've reacted like a baby.

Please, go on.
What the **** are you talking about?

Brayshaw is 18 or 19 and does not deserve to be dropped in a performance where the whole team lost to the Gold Coast Suns, where the coach seemed like some sort of insider to bring the team down. Notable senior figures, with many years at Freo, and guys who have played 80 games elsewhere, played as bad. It's a dumb question and a scapegoating one.

I'm not being a baby at all.

People say I hate Freo. But I'm sticking up for one of our players.

So yeah I went on.

To be honest I think Lobb's been pretty useless. Only really got involved in the first game after half time once it was just pile on time and hasn't really done a great deal. Tabs was the best of our forwards today and looks more threatening.
Our ball use was our biggest weakness - Langdon, Hughes, Conca, Colyer and Shultz (probably just adapting) all look quite questionable with the ball and turnovers kill in the modern game.
I'd throw Langdon forward for extra pressure ... we're too tall so somebody needs to go out (Lobb for mine but it'll probably be Tabs) or Hogan needs to move on ball. Switowski will help with pressure and should find his way in for whoever's dropped from the forwards.

Hamling's the other one I'd be putting pressure on, looks a bit lost at times and continues to aimlessly whack the ball to the boundary when we have numbers and potential to launch an attack if he tapped it towards a team-mate ... seems to lack a bit of a sense for contest outside him and his direct match-up. Logue's a possibility here but Hughes will probably go first.
Don't think we'll see huge changes but just some guys put on notice a bit.

IN - Switowski, Logue, Valente
OUT - KPF, Hughes, Schultz/Colyer

Langdon to go forward and Valente to a wing.

Brayshaw is 18 or 19 and does not deserve to be dropped in a performance where the whole team lost to the Gold Coast Suns, where the coach seemed like some sort of insider to bring the team down. Notable senior figures, with many years at Freo, and guys who have played 80 games elsewhere, played as bad. It's a dumb question and a scapegoating one.

So yeah I went on.
I couldn't care less what people say about you to be frank.

It was a completely reasonable question to pose in a changes thread.

Good chat. :thumbsu:

So yeah I went on.

I agree

Maybe less mid minutes for Brayshaw and more for Cerra but I don't think dropping them would help the club.

Hughes took some great intercept marks and at least tried to take the game on.
Shultz was terrible. Had 3 chances any decent opportunist small forward should gobble and screwed them all.
Brayshaw is looking out of his depth at this point. He knows how to get the ball but his decision making and disposal are not AFL standard.
Colyer was good, Conca not so much.
The usual, not enough class out there.
Depends who we have in the shed and is fit?
North & Valente could be worth a look although North seems not even to be in calculation. Valente not fit yet I don't think.
Switowski?
Not much to get excited about.

Hughes played well although needs to try eliminate the 2-3 brain farts he has each game.

Brayshaw stays in - the pressure should really be on Shultz and Banfield.

We are too tall - and to be honest think the weak link is Lobb. He doesn’t provide much around the ground and isn’t clunking it. That missed handball in the last will give me nightmares for weeks. It’s hard to drop him though as he’s only just been traded in. I would only keep him in if Darcy needs a rest (he struggled throughout the match).

Out: Shultz and Lobb/Darcy
In: Switta and Matera

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3: Changes Vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back