Trades Round 3 trade plans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a good spot but I'm being tempted and need to have some sense talked into me. Cripps does look fully fit and ready to come back to SP status

Option 1 (sensible)
Owens > Stephens
Dixon/Hough/Durdin > Xerri

Option 2 (tempting)
Owens > Stephens
Steele > Cripps šŸ¤¢ 20220330_162525.jpg Screenshot_20220330-162506_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• 20220330_162525.jpg
    20220330_162525.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 24
In a good spot but I'm being tempted and need to have some sense talked into me. Cripps does look fully fit and ready to come back to SP status

Option 1 (sensible)
Owens > Stephens

Option 2 (tempting)
Owens > Stephens
Steele > Cripps šŸ¤¢View attachment 1358848View attachment 1358842
Both options are the same!!!

Happy with my team, 2 changes this week for me so far. Gov to Hewett via SDK and Gresham to Xerri. 90k in the bank atm. Going to keep Gawn as I think that once he starts clunking his marks he goes 110-120 easy. He has dropped at least 10 marks that he would have taken last year. And I dont think there is another really good ruck option so I am going to persist with him.

Little stuck with what to do with Steele. I know I should just hold but another sub 100 score in the next 4-5 weeks he is going to drop to a point where he becomes a nice upgrade target. Thinking of trading to Trac or Brayshaw pocketing 80-100k for later upgrades and rolling the dice on Steele. Only issue I have with Brayshaw is that they are going to spend 3 weeks in WA and there is a chance of half of the Freo team misses with H&S protocols in the next 4-5 weeks.

Any other perspective on this potential trade?
View attachment 1358819
Donā€™t trade Steele, any cash benefit youā€™ll get is cancelled out by the fact that youā€™ll have to burn two trades getting him back in again.

Heeney always starts hot though:

2021: averaged 108.5 in the first two rounds, averaged 83.5 for the season.

2020: averaged 111.7 in the first three rounds, averaged 94 for the season.

2019: averaged 104.8 in the first four rounds, averaged 94 for the season.

2018: averaged 112.4 in the first five rounds, averaged 97.5 for the season

2017: averaged 107 in his first four games, averaged 97.6 for the season.

I guess my question would be is why is this year different? If youā€™ve got Dusty or Thomas and itā€™s a side swap Iā€™d consider him but changing your structure to get Heeney seems dangerous.
So you're saying he will average somewhere from 10 to 25 points less than his current avg for the remainder of the season?

Sign me up!

Potentially, but he's always gotten plenty of attention. I reckon when available, he's probably been the Swans player which opposition sides have put the most time and planning into over the last few years.

Spending more time in the midfield makes him a nightmare to match-up on. If someone tags him, he'll take them forward and maul them there. And if a defender gets a full-time lockdown role, he'll kill them in the midfield.

IIRC last season they mentioned he was statistically the best one-on-one player (or perhaps forward) in the comp. He's not Petracca and Bont level good, but he's similarly near-impossible to match-up on.

No doubt he's a great player when he's up and going but you are talking with your heart, not your head. There's no room for that in this game.

The fact remains, he has never averaged more than 100 points in a season. So, for me, a 110 avg like I mentioned previously is fairly generous.

I will eat my hat if he keeps scoring 140's. It just won't happen! So there are going to be quite a number of lower scores to come that will drive that average down and those are the scores that people trading him in this week will be getting. Not the scores he's managed so far in the first two rounds.

No doubt he's a great player when he's up and going but you are talking with your heart, not your head. There's no room for that in this game.

The fact remains, he has never averaged more than 100 points in a season. So, for me, a 110 avg like I mentioned previously is fairly generous.

I will eat my hat if he keeps scoring 140's. It just won't happen! So there are going to be quite a number of lower scores to come that will drive that average down and those are the scores that people trading him in this week will be getting. Not the scores he's managed so far in the first two rounds.
I don't think he will keep scoring 140s, but he will average 100 from here on if he doesn't get injured IMHO. If you don't recognise the significant impact injuries have had on Heeney over the last few years, you haven't watched enough Swans games IMHO.

Injuries are the main barrier to him becoming a 100+ player, and I think he's as fit as he's ever been.

Interesting thoughts, but IMO it would be ludicrous for the Roos to not back in Xerri. Goldy won't be around for much longer, and the ruck spot is probably the number one hole in their list once that happens.
This ! ....and particularly after Xerri's performance last week

The question would be who do you have ahead of him in terms of fwd averages and what are their $$$ atm

Heeney is a clear standout atm

The question would be who do you have ahead of him in terms of fwd averages and what are their $$$ atm

Heeney is a clear standout atm

Dunkley and Butters will be ahead of Heeney imo.

I'm also waiting to see what new, shiny toys we get in the forwards after R6, then I'll make an assessment on Heeney and where he fits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunkley and Butters will be ahead of Heeney imo.

I'm also waiting to see what new, shiny toys we get in the forwards after R6, then I'll make an assessment on Heeney and where he fits.
Any half decent player would start with Dunkley & Butters though

Where as a lot of teams were unsure on Heeney

Any half decent player would start with Dunkley & Butters though

Where as a lot of teams were unsure on Heeney
maybe - Heeney was in my team most of preseason but was culled to pay for the rookies.

FPExzgzagAUNxmH

1648623467778.png

Last edited:
59AE2B41-A64D-4D8E-8503-C62798D36D1C.jpeg AF037BB6-448A-4708-A5A9-71C14BF1BB19.jpeg

What do we think?

Ridley > Hewett
Whitfield > Bowey
Owens > Cripps

VS

Ridley > Hewett
Berry > Cripps

Bonus point for anyone who can find a way to get Cripps, Hewett and Xerri into this side without doing anything crazy. Think it might be impossible.

View attachment 1358890View attachment 1358889

What do we think?

Ridley > Hewett
Whitfield > Bowey
Owens > Cripps

VS

Ridley > Hewett
Berry > Cripps

Bonus point for anyone who can find a way to get Cripps, Hewett and Xerri into this side without doing anything crazy. Think it might be impossible.
What's your bank after Ridley> Hewett and Berry> Cripps?

The marks should fix themself. The lack of tackles and possessions is a bit concerning. I think my other trades this week are safer bets, but I hope he turns it around quickly, because it's probably now or never as far as trading him goes. Next week at a stretch, but then you'd really be relying on Preuss or some such to make big money for it to be worth it.

Promised myself I wouldnā€™t trade premos for mid pricers at the start of the year, but struggling to ignore Jackson and want the Bowey cash grab and then upgrade to Salem when heā€™s fit.

Thinking:

Gawn > Jackson
Whitfield > Bowey
Hough > Andy Brayshaw

Midfield gets beefed up, Iā€™ll give McGovern another week with a low BE and can always switch to Xerri or Martin the week after if need be.

View attachment 1358890View attachment 1358889

What do we think?

Ridley > Hewett
Whitfield > Bowey
Owens > Cripps

VS

Ridley > Hewett
Berry > Cripps

Only feasible way I could see you getting all 3 would be: Ridley > Hewett, Berry > Cripps, Ward > Xerri (and moving Rachele onto your midfield bench).

But I like your first trade suggestion more than that.

Edit: think you'd be just short of having the funds to do my suggestion anyway.

trade options please help me decide:

1. Whitfield, Berry and Ward (out) for Cripps, Bowey and Xerri (In) $33k left

2. Whitfield, Berry and Soligo (out) for Cripps, Bowey and D.Stephens (In) $12k left

3. Whitfield, Berry and Ward (out) Short, Xerri and D.Stephens (In) $51k left

OK...got my two trades lined up...probably.
Whitfield to Hewitt.
Berry to Rowell.

Thinking now, why not use the boost...no-one seems to be mentioning,
MAYBE Ward to Davies...just $20K more...-38 BE, locked in Gold Coast team...only 66 on weekend (but against Melbourne)...90 in the first week.

get some more of lovely cash generation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back