Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barlow -> The Smear
Rocky -> Libba

Will review the progress of M.Crouch and the performance of JJ next week. Hopefully won't change in price all that much.

JJ has a negative BE. Wait another week and he'll cost you more. Get him in now or hold your nerve until about Rd 5. I'll gently suggest he is a way safer bet than Stevie J.
JJ never was, and won't be a keeper. He was a mid-price punt for those that were willing to gamble. He will be a stepping stone to greater things, and getting him in late is silly and leaves you chasing your tail for the rest of the year.

Barlow -> The Smear
Rocky -> Libba

Will review the progress of M.Crouch and the performance of JJ next week. Hopefully won't change in price all that much.
He will probably go up 40k, BE of -9 has to hit 85 to go up 40k so I'd be leaving a little extra if you plan on bringing in JJ after his first price rise. Doggies supporter not starting with JJ? :confused:

JJ never was, and won't be a keeper. He was a mid-price punt for those that were willing to gamble. He will be a stepping stone to greater things, and getting him in late is silly and leaves you chasing your tail for the rest of the year.

Maybe, maybe not. Players do have breakout years, Tom McDonald had one last year for instance.

Have you watched any Bulldogs games so far? Not getting him in will leave you looking silly and chasing the pack imo.

Have you watched any Bulldogs games so far? Not getting him in will leave you looking silly and chasing the pack imo.
I started with him bud, and yes I have watched the Bulldogs games. He will not keep this level of scoring up. He is going to attract a lot of opposition coach attention, just as much as has seemingly grabbed the attention of a lot of Supercoaches. I think Biggs would be a better selection from here on out !!

I started with him bud, and yes I have watched the Bulldogs games.
That means you started him as a midprice gamble stepping stone to greater things.

Exactly what did you expect him to average such that he would satisfy your cash generation requirements, yet not be scoring highly enough to be considered a viable keeper in defence?

Coming back from a quad, you don't want to have a gander at him first?

Nope. He has a history of scoring well so that's not an issue.Richmond learned a hard lesson last season about bringing him back in before he was ready. I don't believe we'll make that mistake again. For those reasons I believe he'll slot back into the team nicely as he has done in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That means you started him as a midprice gamble stepping stone to greater things.

Exactly what did you expect him to average such that he would satisfy your cash generation requirements, yet not be scoring highly enough to be considered a viable keeper in defence?
I was going for team balance and thought he had the potential to score well, and was a better pick than the alternatives. Turns out I was right, and the same people who criticise this way of picking an initial team are the ones we see in here raging about having to trade Barlow and Rocky, among others !!

I assume you think Jack Martin will be a keeper? What do you think he will average?
Hoping for him to be F6 quality, hopefully 95-100. But more realistically around 90-95. It's just I have no cash to play with in trading Barlow, Zac Merrett is tempting also Rioli. Buddy as well but at 22.3% he isn't a great POD and I'd prefer to keep my side to stay more unconventional as thats how I've stayed away from the carnage so far.

So its really out of Jack Martin/Cyril Rioli/Zac Merrett

I was going for team balance and thought he had the potential to score well, and was a better pick than the alternatives. Turns out I was right, and the same people who criticise this way of picking an initial team are the ones we see in here raging about having to trade Barlow and Rocky, among others !!
So what does he have to score for you to see him as a keeper? I assume after the first two weeks you still believe him to be a stepping stone (fair enough only a 2 week sample size) and who do you plan on stepping up to from JJ?

You didn't answer my question ...

Is Tom Mitchell the new Tom Rockliff? Just racks up possessions and tackles. Not getting talked about much either but minus sub games last year averaged 115.
Doesn't get talked about much because of Kennedy, Hannebery, Jack and Parker. And at 563k his at that awkward price for someone like him who you don't think of as an out an out gun like he is behind those 4 guys in the pecking order at Sydney I would assume so do you spend 563k on someone who is the fifth best mid in their team? And probably having too many Sydney mids as well, majority would have at least 1 or 2 of the 4 I mentioned. Thats just my thinking of why people are put off from him, if he keeps it up he is keeper material.

It's two games. Once the goals dry up his scores will drop. I'm not sure he's a must have, if he keeps up this scoring for 4-5 weeks I'll eat my hat.
Or those jocks in the sports bet ad.
Kinda reminds me of nvb last year Ben ken will make you cash but will cost another trade to upgrade him.
but when in 4 weeks or bit longer?

Ok guys, a bit of a dilemma here. I am getting rid of Rockliff and Atkins, yes ATKINS !!!
Bringing in Papley and undecided on either Danger or Hall. Picking Hall would leave me with over 300 grand. Is he a keeper though ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back