Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assuming he's fit and only misses 1 week at most, Rich can stay imo
Isn't North like the only team that tags these days?

Get rid of Barlow
Maybe, but Jacobs went to Rich, not Rocky. Gibson will go with outside types (Gaff, Jetta, Sloane, think he went to Edwards in the elim) while also running off to get his share of the ball. Rocky did his calf in the first quarter though, so hopefully a week or two out and come back firing.

This crazy desire to get JJ in has me almost considering moving Bartel out.

One think to consider regarding JJ is, yes he will go up in value by 30-50k this week, but so will your rookie defenders if not by even more. So if you have $$ available via a Rocky/Barlow/DeGoey/other > Papley/KenKen/Hall/Hewett/Other downgrades this week, JJ's 1st price rise is negligible, especially if you think he won't pump out another 120 this week against the hawks and just trade JJ for a Brown/Tippa/Weitering/forward rookie next week etc. This would also give you a better idea on how JJ might score against tougher opposition. So yeh, if your cash generating priorities lay elsewhere this week, it's not the end of the world if you don't take advantage of JJ's price rise this week as his price rise is offset by rookie price rises.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One think to consider regarding JJ is, yes he will go up in value by 30-50k this week, but so will your rookie defenders if not by even more. So if you have $$ available via a Rocky/Barlow/DeGoey/other > Papley/KenKen/Hall/Hewett/Other downgrades this week, JJ's 1st price rise is negligible, especially if you think he won't pump out another 120 this week against the hawks and just trade JJ for a Brown/Tippa/Weitering/forward rookie next week etc. This would also give you a better idea on how JJ might score against tougher opposition. So yeh, if your cash generating priorities lay elsewhere this week, it's not the end of the world if you don't take advantage of JJ's price rise this week as his price rise is offset by rookie price rises.
Think i'll be doing this.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Pretty much. As far as I know, the information on how they give the 'influence' points is not publicly available, so it may be based on actual stats or subjective.
The same formula is applied to every stat across the entire game, not just the final stages. The weight applied to stats is dependent on margin at the time the stat is called and how long there is left.

The same formula is applied to every stat across the entire game, not just the final stages. The weight applied to stats is dependent on margin at the time the stat is called and how long there is left.
You forgot to mention the "Rioli Coefficient".

How much JJ and Hall and these types are going to go up by is irrelevant considering no one is getting them for cash generation but as keepers. Getting the right rookies for cash gen is the priority this week.

How much JJ and Hall and these types are going to go up by is irrelevant considering no one is getting them for cash generation but as keepers. Getting the right rookies for cash gen is the priority this week.

Agreed. If JJ is still doing the job 6-7 rounds in then you will find a way, and the coin, to get him in then.
To do that you need to get the rookies right first.

Agreed. If JJ is still doing the job 6-7 rounds in then you will find a way, and the coin, to get him in then.
To do that you need to get the rookies right first.
I remember a few years ago all these people scrambling to get Birchall in as he scored back to back 130+ scores, he averaged something like 80 for the rest of the year. Not saying that this will happen to JJ but let's not go nuts in trying to get him in when rookies are the priority.

Think Zac Merrett this week for Rocky over Zaharakis and JJ. Reason being I can see Merrett being fairly safe for top 10 Fwds at seasons end, even if he drops to 95-100 avg from here on out. Understand concerns re: Essendon premos but he was solid for this 95-100 avg in back half of last year in a rubbish Essendon side. Thoughts?

I see Zaka having good year but not being part of my final midfield hence staying away there and want to see bigger sample from JJ before committing to him.

There are some interesting thoughts bubbling to the surface through this thread ... as usual.

For what it's worth, I have read all of them, understand them, and have considered them.

And Barlow and Rockliff can get the **** out of my team.

I understand people will say this is 'groupthink reaction', or ask 'why did you pick them if you're just going to trade them?' 'It's a marathon not a sprint.' 'He'll come good, you need to stick fat with your premos.' They're kneejerk trades.' 'You never really wanted them to begin with if you're ready to trade after two rounds.' 'You're harming your team and wasting trades.'

I've been in the foolish traders camp before, running out of trades too early and being crippled by injury at the back end of the season. I've also been hamstrung by holding players too long waiting for them to come good - Griffen, Higgins, Tom ****ing Bellchambers, Rischitelli, and many, many more.

There are two versions of groupthink apparent in this forum. The first is active early, while we are building our teams. The second becomes apparent when Rockliff and Barlow happen to us, and many of us want to move them on. Both versions have their place, and both become mantras that some folks repeat ad nauseum, even when they no longer make sense. 'He's overpriced, don't start with him.' 'Don't pick guys coming back from injury.' A lot of it has merit, but it's not all 'Don't pat tigers'.

If you're moving Barlow on because you saw something shiny and you want to get your hands on it, maybe stop and have a think about how shiny Barlow was a couple of weeks ago when you thought you could get those NAB scores in the regular season. That can turn pretty quickly with your new shiny, just like it did with your old. If, however, you think your team will genuinely benefit from a change, don't let the bigfooty grandparents cloud your thinking with all their 'back in my day, we only had one trade and we couldn't use it unless it was snowing and that made us value our picks' talk.

Rocky is not right. Sure, he will probably come good, but it won't be next week, or the week after. There's a fair possiblity it won't be the week after that. I don't trust Oliver/Davis/Gresham to cover him for the amount of time it might take to get back to form and fitness, so i'm pissing him off. I may get him back down the track, but right now I just don't trust him.

Barlow is like an on-again, off-again lover. I have loved him in the past, and may well love him again in the future, but right now we're fighting and I'm breaking up with him. I've been craving seafood and he's been feeding me crab sticks, and you know what? If I have to have crab sticks, I can get them cheaper elsewhere.

So with that in mind, I'm going Rocky > Levi Greenwood and Barlow > Eddie Betts.*

*final sentence may not be true.

There are some interesting thoughts bubbling to the surface through this thread ... as usual.

For what it's worth, I have read all of them, understand them, and have considered them.

And Barlow and Rockliff can get the **** out of my team.

I understand people will say this is 'groupthink reaction', or ask 'why did you pick them if you're just going to trade them?' 'It's a marathon not a sprint.' 'He'll come good, you need to stick fat with your premos.' They're kneejerk trades.' 'You never really wanted them to begin with if you're ready to trade after two rounds.' 'You're harming your team and wasting trades.'

I've been in the foolish traders camp before, running out of trades too early and being crippled by injury at the back end of the season. I've also been hamstrung by holding players too long waiting for them to come good - Griffen, Higgins, Tom ******* Bellchambers, Rischitelli, and many, many more.

There are two versions of groupthink apparent in this forum. The first is active early, while we are building our teams. The second becomes apparent when Rockliff and Barlow happen to us, and many of us want to move them on. Both versions have their place, and both become mantras that some folks repeat ad nauseum, even when they no longer make sense. 'He's overpriced, don't start with him.' 'Don't pick guys coming back from injury.' A lot of it has merit, but it's not all 'Don't pat tigers'.

If you're moving Barlow on because you saw something shiny and you want to get your hands on it, maybe stop and have a think about how shiny Barlow was a couple of weeks ago when you thought you could get those NAB scores in the regular season. That can turn pretty quickly with your new shiny, just like it did with your old. If, however, you think your team will genuinely benefit from a change, don't let the bigfooty grandparents cloud your thinking with all their 'back in my day, we only had one trade and we couldn't use it unless it was snowing and that made us value our picks' talk.

Rocky is not right. Sure, he will probably come good, but it won't be next week, or the week after. There's a fair possiblity it won't be the week after that. I don't trust Oliver/Davis/Gresham to cover him for the amount of time it might take to get back to form and fitness, so i'm pissing him off. I may get him back down the track, but right now I just don't trust him.

Barlow is like an on-again, off-again lover. I have loved him in the past, and may well love him again in the future, but right now we're fighting and I'm breaking up with him. I've been craving seafood and he's been feeding me crab sticks, and you know what? If I have to have crab sticks, I can get them cheaper elsewhere.

So with that in mind, I'm going Rocky > Levi Greenwood and Barlow > Eddie Betts.*

*final sentence may not be true.
tldr_trollcat.jpg

Haha nah just joking, great post!

Have decided to hold of on Jason Johannisen this week and see how he goes against the Hawks, As someone else has said in here you're not bringing him in for cash generation but you're banking on him being a keeper......

Robert Murphy looks like a way better pick at least he is proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back