Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do people think of this trade?

Lambert/Doghouse and Brayshaw
To
Boner and Cogs

Bonner will net me more cash quicker than brayshaw and possibly similar scoring to lambert/dahl and the Brayshaw to cogs trade is an insta upgrade. I've been salivating over Cogs for awhile.

Also means I'm one off of completing my mids as I see cogs as a keeper. Will mean I miss out on getting one of danger or PiggyOliver.

Last edited:

Waterman would a really good option if JJK was out longer.l think his due back rd 5 Here2tellyouwhy when's JK back please?
Barry not a great scorer but JS should be ok in the winning port team.
JK back round 5 or 6.
Will start his Coleman run then

Thoughts on trading Zorko to Cog and banking the $150odd k.
Zorko looks like he is coping the tag now and scoring will be up and down.

Allready have $70k in the bank with no other pressing issues to take care off

Laird, Savage, Sicily, Murray, Finlayson, Doedee, Mihocek, Murphy

Dusty, Titch, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Beams, TKelly, Holman, Banfield, Barry, Constable

Gawn, NicNat, Olango

Greene, Billings, Mundy, Lambert, Devon, Fritsch, Ryan, ZGL

I'm split on holding another week, or turning Beams and Sicily into K.Simpson and H.Shaw. Theory being that Kelly, Holman, and Finlayson can keep 3 mid spots warm for the gifts that are the premos that are due for a dip in price so soon ie Zerrett, Crouch and Zorko (though Zorko might make way for getting Danger in asap). Thoughts?

As a Hurn owner from many seasons past, long long before Here2tellyouwhy was a glimmer in his old mans eye, be wary of a forward tag on him.

He will reward you but he can frustrate you. Beauty is he won’t need many touches to knock up 80-90’s

But be prepared for the 60’s as well
tenor (5).gif

Menegola OUT
H.Clark OUT

Have $1,025,000 to spend on a forward and a mid.
Have the best rookies, missing only both Fogs and Barry.
Have Danger/Dusty, missing Titch.
Have Billings/Walters/D.Smith as my forwards.

Feel like a kid in a toy shop with this cash to spend.

Holding Hibberd.

Any ideas what to do? Before Sicily got suspended I wanted to go Hibberd to Bonner and Brayshaw to Coniglio. Now with sicily missing next week I dont really want to have 5 rookies on the field down back. Plus ZLG is out and I probably should trade him to garlett for cash generation.

Option 1:
Hibberd to Bonner
Brayshaw/Barry to Coniglio

Option 2:
Hibberd to Simpson/Heater/Ryan
Naughton to Bonner

Option 3:
ZLG to Garlett
Hibberd to Simpson/Heater/Ryan

Option 4:
No trades

I have 83,300 in the bank

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 11.41.19 pm 2.jpg

Last edited:
Menegola OUT
H.Clark OUT

Have $1,025,000 to spend on a forward and a mid.
Have the best rookies, missing only both Fogs and Barry.
Have Danger/Dusty, missing Titch.
Have Billings/Walters/D.Smith as my forwards.

Feel like a kid in a toy shop with this cash to spend.

Holding Hibberd.

I think you just miss out on Titch/ Taranto don't you?

Thoughts on westhoff? Port look like they will win a lot of games and he has added ruck responsibilities with Ryder out. I think he is the real deal but I’m afraid I might be chasing points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on westhoff? Port look like they will win a lot of games and he has added ruck responsibilities with Ryder out. I think he is the real deal but I’m afraid I might be chasing points.

***without checking*** Always seems to start well but then falls away as the season progresses... could be wrong though.

Am I being stupid here with the thinking of Caddy to Taranto?

Hang on, just consulting the Judd_Magic 8 ball.....

giphy.gif

Don't use these guys they're going bust!t
Having thought long and hard about Aaron Naughton who has performed poorly thus far, perhaps it might be worth holding onto him for a couple of reasons.

i) No other likely replacements - No other rookies are really available in defence. Most people who played it smartly already have Doedee, Murray, Finlayson &/or Bonner.

ii) He is a rookie with a low break even - With a break even of 25, surely, surely SURELY the kid can reach that? Should only go up in price if he manages to hit that magical 25.

iii) Not a starting rookie - Most people are likely going with two or three of the aforementioned rookies on the field already. His scores are unlikely to count towards your weekly score. Sure, he wont be a dominant scoring rookie but a nice little cash cow until we have a viable option.

iv) With the mounting injury crisis at the Bulldogs Naughton is likely to play 10+ games and earn us a handy enough $40,000.

Now if we see a more viable rookie option becomes available (looks at Lachlan Murphy who's job security is still questionable imho, Ed Richards come on down) then sure, bye bye Aaron but at this early stage of the season might actually be worth saving the trade with no other direct replacement available.
That all depends. What are you planning to do with your 40k you've made over the next 8 weeks?

If he averages a generous 50ppg from here till round 12, he makes you 79k.
He may be worth holding onto this week but certainly not long term. The sooner the better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back