Autopsy Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I just wish we had Steele and one of king/Membrey for them.

I’m loving the journey. But a part of wants to know right now if we are actually a “good” side
I think we are a good side. 3/4 of the struggle IMO is to give consistently great effort. I've always been of the belief that effort should be the foundation of any gameplan. If you have 22 guys having a crack each week, you'll beat sides that may be better structurally or smarter without the ball.

This first month of footy has been a dogged performance. We've rolled up the sleeves and got to work. Playing for one another, working as a team, and putting sides away. If you get a team humming like we are, it's hard to stop. If we get King etc back and keep the form going we are a serious threat to win a premiership this year. I'm not even bullshitting. We are doing all of this undermanned, and it will serve us well long term.

Bursting with pride as we speak. Over the ****ing moon with the entirety of the club.

I think Carltons start to the season is a little bit overstated
Drew with Richmond
Beat the cats who are tracking poorly
Beat GWS who are average
Beat North who are in contention for the #1 Pick

Can easily see us shutting them down

Next week is the interesting one and I am intrigued how we go against one of what I believe are the two benchmarks the other being Melbourne

Non negotiables for any season;

1. Punch a Pie in the back the back of the head on an "oops" spoil attempt.
2. Do the same to a Blue.
3. Do both as many times as you can.

Pies little more worried about, as they tend to just find ways, Blues as you say they haven't really done much of anything thus far they just get kissed on the dick since big club so why not, but they are straight workman orientated, soon as they run into that wall ala the Tiggies match they struggle hard.

Way I see it, since we can't have a rematch v cats at present, bury as many as fast as possible to exceed all the things.

Thought we were a touch off early but also felt the bounce of the ball was going against us so wasn't too worried.

What a performance after quarter time though. I said through the week Owens is going to terrorise oppositions.

Ross Lyon you big beautiful bastard.

Seeing all four coaches get around Bytel moved me. Fantastic thing to see. Really feel for Jack.

The past 10 years is out the window.... eg we have close games against GC etc. None of it means anything anymore with this team and this group of coaches.

Hope Wood gets up for next week. Played well but looked sore to me.

Feel for Windy and Pou. All the hype and chat preseason about them and suddenly everyone's got a new puppy called Mitchito.

Need Spaceman to do his magic with this.

From the start I always thought Owens would be the best one. Windy showed more in the first year but Owens went earlier for a reason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the first time… in I reckon since RTB was last here.

I was calm. Expected and knew we would win.

Ball was stuck in the suns 50 with repeat entries late in the first.

My wife asks me why I’m not nervous like most weeks.

Just told her we would belt them.

Love it.

For the first time… in I reckon since RTB was last here.

I was calm. Expected and knew we would win.

Ball was stuck in the suns 50 with repeat entries late in the first.

My wife asks me why I’m not nervous like most weeks.

Just told her we would belt them.

Love it.
I have never loved being so wrong.

We're back.

19 contested possession. Are you fcuking kidding me!!!

****ing beast of a kid. Keep this up and he'll be a star.

Just got back from the ground. Special mention to Hunter Clark who is the Jackson Pollock of footy. Most people won't get what he's doing but it's art. Absolute freak and doesn't play like anyone else

Stocker who was someone to fill up the bottom of the list a month or two ago and now is a key piece of the back 6.

Ryan Byrnes, as fashionable as socks and sandals but he's just a running machine with rat cunning, picks pockets like a Dickensian street urchin.

Ross, Crouch, Wilkie, Wood and Sincs all their usual excellent.

Howard played a great game too.

Surprised that Gresham had such low stats he looked good watching at the ground.

I think we are a good side. 3/4 of the struggle IMO is to give consistently great effort. I've always been of the belief that effort should be the foundation of any gameplan. If you have 22 guys having a crack each week, you'll beat sides that may be better structurally or smarter without the ball.

This first month of footy has been a dogged performance. We've rolled up the sleeves and got to work. Playing for one another, working as a team, and putting sides away. If you get a team humming like we are, it's hard to stop. If we get King etc back and keep the form going we are a serious threat to win a premiership this year. I'm not even bullshitting. We are doing all of this undermanned, and it will serve us well long term.

Bursting with pride as we speak. Over the ******* moon with the entirety of the club.
Sounds like you are now 100% onboard the Ross Lyon train. Changing coach is always tough/a risk, but continuing with the same mediocrity is getting us nowhere. Glad the club/Bassat were brave enough to make a change in order to drive excellence and standards, and it’s definitely paying dividends on field. This game style/plan is repeatable and we’re dominating teams every game, that’s the sign of a good winning team. Better yet we’re doing it with 4-8 senior players out!! Go saints!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back