Autopsy Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought we were a touch off early but also felt the bounce of the ball was going against us so wasn't too worried.

What a performance after quarter time though. I said through the week Owens is going to terrorise oppositions.

Ross Lyon you big beautiful bastard.

Seeing all four coaches get around Bytel moved me. Fantastic thing to see. Really feel for Jack.

The past 10 years is out the window.... eg we have close games against GC etc. None of it means anything anymore with this team and this group of coaches.

Hope Wood gets up for next week. Played well but looked sore to me.
Wood still took 9 marks, seemed ok to me.

Thought Gresh was good Espescially during the panic

Yeah, I was surprised by his stats. He looked like he had heaps of touches. He gets the ball going a lot of the time.

I also love how commentators are now picking up how ****ed clubs are once we get the ball wide.

Every week just highlighting how hard teams will have to work to knock us off.

Watching Sinclair and Crouch just turning on the jets in that 2nd half. Good shit. Might have to rewatch that 3rd term.

I'll say this as well - Of the current 'outs' I rekon only King, Membrey & Webster are locks to get back.

I think DMac will get his chances, he seems like a "Ross Lyon Guy" but the likes of Coffield, Highmore, Jones & Billings are gonna have to have some extraordinary VFL form to push players out of this team.

It's a great thing for the club. Every player should have to earn their spot.

I'll say this as well - Of the current 'outs' I rekon only King, Membrey & Webster are locks to get back.

I think DMac will get his chances, he seems like a "Ross Lyon Guy" but the likes of Coffield, Highmore, Jones & Billings are gonna have to have some extraordinary VFL form to push players out of this team.

I reckon our captain gets in but I agree.

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is our current game plan revolutionary? How innovative is it? Has Ross done it again
No.

It is built on hard work and 2 way running.

It highlights which sides want to swim in the deep end and then how long can they swim.

Suns lasted 45 minutes.

Being top with a % of 160 hugely underestimates how good our start has been. That’s a strange thought.

But when the kids get tired we have many first choice players to come back. And the younger ones will have not only been blooded but have confidence they belong and can win at this level. And know what it takes.

Yes, I was a Lyon skeptic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Easter Bunny is absolutely SHREDDING “Killing In The Name Of” at the foot of the Spencer St footbridge steps right now… 🤘🏻

View attachment 1654072

He was doing Back in Black when we were going past. He's got some good amplification.

I reckon our captain gets in but I agree.

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

FMD I totally forgot Steele isn't playing. That's how good we are going!

Cordy - King
Paton - Webster
Bytel - Steele

Shit... Do we have to drop Hammer for Membrey? Surely not? Maybe rest Pou?

**** this is actually hard to do now...

Like many others I said last year after watching Owens in his first few games that he was going to be a star and the pick of our young recruits.

But his development in just his second season and after only 10 or so games has even surprised me.

So I'll update my prediction. He's already in the top 5 players at the club and by season end will be regarded as our best player (and I'm not forgetting Max either).
As much as I would've liked us to have got deGoey, Owens will end up the better player.

Just wrap him in cotton wool Saints.

Animated GIF

Now what’s the lesson we’ve learned?

Never doubt, and always listen to Daddy Dard x
I'm too pissed to bite back so just take me daddy, I'm weak and ready xoxox

Crouch is playing career best footy. Absolutely gone to another level.
Seb Ross is a dual Trevor Barker winner and has never played at this level. Absolute machine.
That game from BULL Owens was a dead set special. That goal... That goal on the flank.
Mason Wood has never, ever played at this kind of level.
Callum Wilkie is a lock for AA. Absolute leader.
Josh Battle is killing it.
Liam Stocker... NWM... Windhager... Howard...

Everyone has lifted. Clear plan. Clear expectations. Clear role.

And we just work so freaking hard all game long. This game plan works but it takes elite fitness to pull it off. Everyone has to work like animals.

This is just wonderful to be a part of at the moment.
Just makes the last decade look even worse.

those outs (aside from obviously King, Membrey and Steele) look less like disadvantages and more just damage to our depth when the replacements are playing so well. I always go on about it but aside from those three I think our current 22 has been performing so far above expectations that the "INS" back from injury might not even make the team better (exceptions to King, Membrey and Steele). The only ones to come back are essentially downgrades or sidegrades from current performing players.

Dmac fits perfectly but his body needs time and earn a place.

I dont know who i would drop for Billings either tbh , Byrnes is super quick which fits the system. the back 6/7 is way too solid to mess with, the fwds are already short. :/

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back