Autopsy Round 5, 2019: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

BvWEKqc.jpg

Stuv was teared up singing that.
Ain’t no way he’s leaving us.

Did I enjoy the win? Sure.

View attachment 658634

Did I enjoy more how much HE enjoyed the win? You ******* bet your ******* arse I did!
Super snap Barrels!
Who's a cute little fella? :grinning:
The next generation coming through!
I can see him lining up at CHF for the Saints in about 18 yrs!

Our last 40 minutes was pretty garbage after we had them absolutely on the ropes, so we still need to work on fully putting teams away, but hopefully that will come.

PS- How bloody good is Wilkie! Literally looking better and better by the quarter I reckon. Confidence seems to be going through the roof!
At the game we looked gassed about 5 from 3/4 time.

Loved how we trusted our structures in the 4th and kicked the last two goals.

Impressed with the 4th almost as much as the 3rd.

This team can defend a lead.

That was expected, but awesome just the same!

Sadly I missed the 3rd quarter because life got in the way, but watched most of the first half. Real team performance. Just as predicted, after sone futile resistance, Melbourne eventually melted. If only all my footy predictions were so precise.

Always a pleasure to hear McGuire commentate too, not a huge fan of the guy but he knows his footy and after Cometi, he's probably the best commercial media commentator around. The only thing I'd say against his work today is that he laid it on a bit thick with the "Saints fans you'll want to watch this again after the match" comment like this is a grand final for us.

Eddie, you know what us beating Melbourne is?

Business.
As.
Usual.

So yes, we're back, folks! Get on board.

People might criticise us for segregation but as far as the bandwagon goes, blacks and whites sit where they want but purples at the the back of the bus.
McGuire might be a flog but his footy smarts a second to none.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a tackling sequence in the 4th which was delicious.

It ended up with Harmes HTB but they just could not shake us.

Not watching missed tackles makes watching us much more enjoyable.

Pleasing.

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaark yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!

man that felt good. I keep whinging about how the media isn't taking us seriously, but until tonight I don't think I was taking us seriously. We look so well drilled.

I'm in love with Wilkie. Every time he goes near the ball I yell out 'Wilkiiee!!' cos I know he's gonna win the contest. He's an absolute pro!

I gotta eat some delicious humble pie re Kent and Savage. They were both massive. Also Battle in the backline. And Geary. That's alotta pie!

I think what I'm most happy about is that at the moment we look to have a real winning system and culture for our young players to immerse themselves in. I think it will do King and Bytel a world of good, rather than coming into a club that is all over the shop ala Carlton or us 4 years ago.

I can't single too many players out as it was such an even spread, but I thought Long looked to elevate his game tonight, he was very sharp. I wish he took that shot on the run from 45 dead in front though rather than passing it.

Paton looked very classy also, Wilkie-esque, dare I say it. Nothing fancy, just gets the job done.

Also that goal Parker kicked, if you watch it back, the chain begins in the back flank with Parker to the bottom left of screen. He then sprinted from there all the way to the goal square to contest the crumbs. He absolutely ate up the turf to get there. We outnumbered them 4 to 2 at that contest, in their own defensive 50, and that's a big reason why we won so convincingly, our players just worked so much harder than them all night. I'm so glad he was rewarded with a goal.

Anyway, big month coming up. I'm pumped!!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 5, 2019: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back