Prediction Round 5, 2024: Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

In Hall, Johnston, Culley, Ryan
Stick Culley in the fwd line better off than playing in the weak WAFL side. Same with Ryan absolute pointless of him playing WAFL. Stick him at FF.

Outs
L Edwards, Jameson, Maric, Rotham.

Out: Maric, Edwards (curse), Rotham
In: Brockman, Trew, Jones

Backs: Barrass, Gov, Jamieson, Hough, Duggan, Cole, Jones
Mids: Kelly, Yeo, Reid, Ginbey, Hunt, Chesser
Rucks: Williams x 2
Forwards: Darling, Waterman, Petch, Cripps, Long, Brockman, Trew
Sub: Rawlinson again
Emergencies: Rotham (standby), Gaff, Dewar

Brockman straight back in for Maric. Jones back for Rotham as we don’t need the extra height against Richmond. Trew rewarded for a couple of decent WAFL games.

Rawlinson got nearly a full game so he can have another week as the sub.

Gaff, Sheed, Culley etc can all have another game in the WAFL.

Maric -> Brockman
Edwards -> Johnstone
Rawlinson/Hall/Trew to be the sub
Wouldnt mind dropping an extra tall vs Richmond who will be a bit light on for KPPs, in which case id drop JW for one of Hall/Trew/Witho. A couple less talls and a bit more run

As Richmond are light on for KPFs, could try to throw BW forward a bit to replace Maric and JW. Jamo to ruck a bit more with Richmonds shorter forward line.

Backs: Barrass Gov Hough Duggan Cole Rotham Witho
Mids: Yeo Kelly Reid Ginbey Johnstone Hunt Chesser
Ruck: BW Jamo
Forward: Darling Waterman Brockman Long Cripps Petch + a resting mid/ruck
sub: Hall/Trew/Rawlinson

I'd like to see us bring Gaff back as the professional sub for the rest of the season.

If he comes on early we know he can run out a game, if he comes on against a tired opponent I can see him getting plenty of the ball and linking up well.

I agree I know some will not like it but Gaff has been okay in the WAFL ..I like those changes for this week

smoky for me is Ryan would we roll the dice and get him in?...really a player like him really doesn't need a run in the reserves
I would love nothing better than Flyin' straight back in but I am mentally scarred about the possibility of his hamstrings not being ready. Bring him in only to see one snap again? I'm desperate to have him back because I love to watch him but it would almost be too much if he went down again. #triggered #sigh. Give him atleast 1-2 weeks in WAFL is my thought.

I would love nothing better than Flyin' straight back in but I am mentally scarred about the possibility of his hamstrings not being ready. Bring him in only to see one snap again? I'm desperate to have him back because I love to watch him but it would almost be too much if he went down again. #triggered #sigh. Give him atleast 1-2 weeks in WAFL is my thought.
yeah thats the safe option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Maric (inj) Edwards (inj) Darling, Chesser

In: Sheed, Brockman, Hall, Johnston

Chesser has had enough time in the senior side without any real impact and needs a run in the WAFL. Darling needs to go seriously. I know that Simmo thinks he walks on water but geez if Gaff is getting the ignore treatment Darling deserves it more so.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Darling definitely worked harder this week, particularly in the first half.

His stat sheet of 8D, 2 marks and 4 tackles doesn't set the world on fire though.

Most importantly he once again did not trouble the scorers. He's gone 1, 0, 0, 0 for goals this year.

1 solitary goal from 4 games as our most accomplished forward and #1 target. This is the bloke who's what... 2nd on our club all time goal kicking? Close to 2nd anyway. Oh well, lucky for him anyone who could challenge for his spot in the side is either a kid themselves and finding their feet (Jilliams, Reid) or injured (Allen, Maric). At this point i'd trial Gov/Barass up forward and bring in another defender like spuddy Hedwards. I'd back either of those two to eclipse what Darling is producing.

Got a feeling another tall forward might be on the shopping list this offseason.

We're not going to drop Darling if Maric is out. You could argue we were too tall up forward though so Brockman back in for Maric.

Not sure who comes in for Edwards. Johnston maybe?
Maybe if Archer Reid was fit and doing well at WAFL level but by that time Oscar should be back. Darling's spot is there to take but someone has to be good enough to take it. Maybe Culley if he kicks multiple goals at WAFL?

Out: Maric, Edwards, Rawlinson
In: Culley, Brockman, Trew

Time we see if Trew can make it at AFL level. Culley in might be a bit premature, but we don’t have many other options…

Brockman the logical replacement for Maric

Replacement for Edwards is less obvious. The WAFL side getting spanked doesn’t help. One of Johnston, Hall or maybe Trew if we want to go young. Gaff might have done enough to get a recall but that seems a retrograde step

Happy to keep the changes at that with Rawlinson getting another run as the sub

Simpson made mention of wanting us to get used to playing together so I think there will be minimal changes

When we get Hewett and Ozzy and Flyin and Maric and Culley, SHEED and Flynn in to work with BBBW then oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Fun Brother GIF

Chesser stays due to this being a more winnable game. Let’s see what he can show in what is hopefully more on our terms.

If Ryan is ready to go he Plays and Rawlinson drops out.

Chesser stays due to this being a more winnable game. Let’s see what he can show in what is hopefully more on our terms.

If Ryan is ready to go he Plays and Rawlinson drops out.

No way they’ll put Ryan in the seniors that was so 2022-2023, he’ll definitely have a game or 2 in the WAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 5, 2024: Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back