Round 5 - Carlton Vs Adelaide - Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Carrots LOL come on wins loads of ball is a very effective tagger runs all day and yes he occassionally turns it over.
But come on compare him to Collins, Hampson or that joke Henderson and he looks like a superstar.

Henderson, Joke ???
Sounds like you are one of those supporters that expected a 20 year old to walk in and fill fevs shoes.

The kid has huge potential and showed massive upside last year.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on him in 2 years.
I am very confident you will not be calling him a joke.

Carrots safe as houses. Betts not so much. Reluctant to play O'hailpin coming off one match, and Hampson stays because Warnock coped a knock (thats why he played forward the whole last qaurter). Bower will play and Brock and Ellard a chance (but definately not both of them).
Sounds pretty fair :thumbsu:

Carrots safe as houses. Betts not so much. Reluctant to play O'hailpin coming off one match, and Hampson stays because Warnock coped a knock (thats why he played forward the whole last qaurter). Bower will play and Brock and Ellard a chance (but definately not both of them).

Cheers for that. Any news on Davies? He has gone off the radar since the nab cup game against the Crows.

Cheers for the info an always BIB:thumbsu:

Cheers. Know anything about Collins?

Sounds like a good policy. Hope it means less players getting games based on reputation but rather what they actually produce.

That Avatar's much better, BJ. I suggest you keep the sig and wear it with pride. :)

Cheers :D Well I have it for another 2 and a half months so may as well get use to it for a while:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

luke mitchell and kruizer will fix this problem, when their ready to come back. mitchell, hendo, waite, betts, garlettn walker, with kruize in their is a much better forward structure and balance. houlihan we could do with, bit of class up there and decision making, forget his loss in the team too

I'd like to add something to the Laidler/White debate that we had a few pages back. We tend to forget that they both have played under 10 games of senior football, 6 and 9 respectively. I guess it's because they are a little older that we overlook how inexperienced they are and how well they are actually fulfilling their roles.

Credit to the both of them but I still maintain that one has to be dropped to make way for Bower. White gets the nod for me with his added versatility especially because he can be tall and small in defense.

The club knows what Collins can do, and that he is far better than what he produced on the weekend. He most likely wont play against Adelaide, but thats not because the MC have lost faith in him, but because the club plans to stick to it's 'most inform 22' policy it has this year.

I would assume this is balanced with leaving the team as unchanged as possible. .. ie. poor form in the seniors is more reason to change, rather than just good form in the VFL. ..

eg. Collins not showing form and Several Forwards/Mids are so he is under pressure. .. rather than Ellard is in crackers form but none of our mids are out of form. ..

In which case, isn't this the policy that we should always have and its just that we have more depth now and we can have players in form coming in rather than just dropping poor form. ..

from afc website;

Adelaide hopes to have Richard Tambling, Michael Doughty and Scott Stevens in the mix for selection this week.

Tambling’s ankle injury is minor and he should be okay to train later this week and Doughty is back running and is now making good progress after a badly corked thigh. Stevens (ill) will continue to be assessed as Adelaide prepares to take on Carlton at Etihad Stadium on Saturday night.

this will gives us some much needed experience and making our defence not as fragile.

from afc website;

Adelaide hopes to have Richard Tambling, Michael Doughty and Scott Stevens in the mix for selection this week.

Tambling’s ankle injury is minor and he should be okay to train later this week and Doughty is back running and is now making good progress after a badly corked thigh. Stevens (ill) will continue to be assessed as Adelaide prepares to take on Carlton at Etihad Stadium on Saturday night.

this will gives us some much needed experience and making our defence not as fragile.

Good news for you guys

We haven't had a fit Bower and Jamison together since round one last year, really looking forward to seeing our back line at full strength again at last.

Here, here!
It would be really good to get some continuity here with Jamo and Bower stringing games together and after White’s performance on the weekend he can stay as the 3rd tall although with his flexibility he can play smaller or interchange with Bower who can also play on different types depending on the opposition.

Paul’s inclusion alone will improve our side significantly. Not because of what Bower brings to the side individually but for the fact that I think a good defensive set-up should contain the two tall KP’s and a 3rd rebounding tall which both Simon and Paul can play.

FB: Duigan, Jamison, Laidler
HB: Russell, Bower, Yarran
C: Simpson, Curnow, Gibbs
HF: Carrazzo, Waite, Collins
FF: Walker, Hampson, Garlett

FOLL: Warnock, Judd, Murphy

I/C: Laidler, Armfield, Scotland, Betts (s)

In: Bower, Armfield
Out: Henderson, Carrazzo

Hampson must be the first to go. He was unable to make a contest and will probably cost Betts a spot in the side by not bringing the ball to ground and giving our crumbers a chance. He continually gets beaten in the air and costs us.

Hampson must be the first to go. He was unable to make a contest and will probably cost Betts a spot in the side by not bringing the ball to ground and giving our crumbers a chance. He continually gets beaten in the air and costs us.

Please pay attention. Warnock is under an injury cloud. Kreuzer and Casboult are both injured. We don't have any other ruckmen. Hampson won't be dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5 - Carlton Vs Adelaide - Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back