Preview Round 5: Sydney vs. St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither Jetta or Morton should ever be considered when thinking of who to use as the sub. Either we give them a full game or we do not give them a game at all.
I thought Morton was an odd choice as sub, doesn't exactly add run, Jetta may, coming in when all else are buggered and get his confidence up

Neither Jetta or Morton should ever be considered when thinking of who to use as the sub. Either we give them a full game or we do not give them a game at all.

Why? A run as sub for Jetta might be what he needs - minimal attention paid, tired bodies, the chance to get some confidence. A sub should really come on and impact with speed and hit the scoreboard, two things he can do.

Is Walsh ready to be the third tall defender?
The Saints are a small forward line so we may get away with it next week but we are otherwise looking quite mid to small back there without AJ and LRT!

Longmire says that he expects to take 25 or 26 players over to NZ. Reserves don't play next week so that isn't an issue.

I imagine it will be the 22 who played last night (minus LRT) plus White, Bird, Everitt, Lamb. Maybe Walsh as well just to have another tall in the loop.

Out: LRT, Jetta

In: Bird, Everitt

Everitt to possibly take a KPD post (eek!) we are really light on back there... When there was the possibility that Richards was injured I almost broke down sobbing at the thought we could be left with Grundy as our only competent (I use that word lightly) KPD.

Out: LRT (injury), Armstrong/Rampe (depending on matchups)
In: White, Bird

Have a slightly different take on things, assuming LRT is out thought we could bring in White as a second ruck, to allow Pyke to spend more time in the forward line and take some of the heat off Reid.

Armstrong and Rampe weren't too bad, I thought Armstrong did better than last week but it would appear that one of them would have to make way for Bird.

The sub is trickier and I fully understand the arguments against making either Jetta or Morton the sub.

Don't see the need for any knee jerk reactions after one loss.

Edit: Looks like Shaw likely to miss again. So one of Armstrong or Rampe to make way most likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Essendon-Saints game right now, the dons are doing a number on them with tackles and run. How are they ranked compared to us in tackling this year? Also giving them a touch up at the physical stuff, might see a few reports from this game.

Essendon averaging 73 tackles per game before today compared with 62 for us after last night. Since we're only four rounds in, our poor tackling effort last night would have dragged down our average.

Saints only averaging 48, narrowly worse than GWS and ahead of only Melbourne and Richmond!

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/fts_team_rankings?type=TA&year=2013&sby=6
Thank you, who is the best in the comp this year?

edit, its ok I just checked your link.. Interesting that Essendon are doing so well a very close second to Freo and it shows, something that we prided ourselves and part of our premiership formula.

Freo first with 75 tackles, Bombers a close second

Hopefully we pick up tackle count tis game. Horse was not a happy camper about it this week.

Everitt for LRT is a given if he is out
Rampe stays. Showed a bit out there
Lamb/Bird for Armstrong. Still seems a bit off the pace and we need extra run/accountability through the middle

Out: Rampe, Armstrong, Morton, Mumford
In : Bird, Everitt, Walsh, White

Jetta as sub

Will be interesting to see how the Saints line up, Watters has said because of the short turnaround for Thursday nights game that they would be crazy to go overseas with the same line up too much strain on the players.
They are taking a squad of 26 yet he expects massive changes as he is taking both the Essendon game and our game as the same campaign.. just how much depth do they actually have?
Was the squad that played Essendon close to their best 22? Is so and they make massive changes how serious are they about this whole NZ home game thing or are they just being whores and selling out at our supporters expense that want to see our games live in Melbourne and Sydney?
I am not a supporter of this game in NZ, well not our club anyway but it will rate and make the AFL and the Saints money I hope it doesn't become a regular ANZAC day fixture, Id love to have an ANZAC day fixture just like Essendon v Pies but in Sydney, not in ****ing NZ.

Out: LRT, Jetta

In: Bird, Everitt

Everitt to possibly take a KPD post (eek!) we are really light on back there... When there was the possibility that Richards was injured I almost broke down sobbing at the thought we could be left with Grundy as our only competent (I use that word lightly) KPD.

Did grundy sleep with your missus? He is a premium defender

Out lrt
In me ill play and never been to nz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back