Round 5 The Sydney Swans vs. The West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith is like a HB defender type and their is defs no role for him in the 1s cause mal mattner kennelly and shaw are shredding. I dont see the logic in replacing a forward with a defender

McGlynn is out with quad strain, a door opens

Not very good because it will be 2-4 weeks according to the site. Suppose it does open a few doors, but I would of much preferred to keep the same 22 until one was too crap and a reserve player too good. :(

I'm not too informed on the ressies form but Nick Smith or Vez seem to be likely options. I wouldn't be throwing Rohan in there as much as we wanna see how he goes. I say we let him earn it. :thumbsu:

McGlynn out, ??? in

AFL.com has McGlynn out for up to a month, leaving a berth open for this week. Who do you rekon gets a run? Bevan, Richards, or a rookie in Rohan or TDL? I'd love to see Rohan get a run, but Bevan seems the logical choice.. Maybe Vez gets a run...mmmm, options..love 'em!

Re: McGlynn out, ??? in

I think Smith deserves his chance, was one of our best (or at least most improved) in the second half of last year ... and i think he should be in the team. could be a gun small defender.

Im not sure there is a lot of improvement in bevan ...

like for like would suggest bevan or vez

Rohan, Bevan and Vez would probably be the frount runners for the position. Trent Dennis Lane has only just returned from injury and probably wont be considered. Rohan only played part of the reserves game because he was listed as an emergency along with Bevan and is probably the reason he wasnt on the best list with Veszpremi.

My conclusion would be in order Bevan, Rohan and then Veszpremi however Roos is hinting that there could be 2 changes.

Nice subtle dig from Roos in an article in Sportal (Naitanui baffles Swans) where he refers to the challenge posed by Nic Nat and Cox.

"...we'll let our ruck guys ruck against them and hopefully they do really well, but it's probably the biggest challenge for our ruck division this week."

Damned by faint praise.

Onya Roosy :thumbsu:

Bevan in for McGlynn for me as Bevan was being groomed as a defensive forward. Out of all the guys available or deserving I feel Bevo will be the most desperate to show his worth. The others seem will always get their go but this might be a Ben Matthews type of season for Bevo given a chance to show it early in the season and if he fails may never ger a nother guernsey. I know he's not old but.....

Also how he has put his body on the line against the Eagles in the past makes him an obvious choice. Really like to see him get his chance as a permanent forward. His accuracy isn't too bad.

Gets my vote the others would be unlucky though especially Ves don't think Smith is the right guy due to the position but I guess Roos may jig things a little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevo or Vez for McGlynn. Both proven goal-kickers. Bevo was stiff not to get a senior start after a good pre-season showing so I reckon he'd have first dibs on it. That said it'd be nice to see Vez again. It's been a while

It's great to have such depth.:D

Doing what against the Eagles Bez. With Lynch out they are hardly using a big forward line set up and our back line has been doing well. Richards didn't have a job to do against the Saints and he may not have one here unless C.Boltons not playing.

maybe youre right, the article bungee is refering to isnt Roos saying Ted, Bevo and Rohan are in the mix, I read it again the last bit was just added on to it.
also just on that article, I would be surprised if we didnt have some sort of plan to combat Nic Nats ruck work its classic Roos just sayin stuff.

So Bez, you reckon Roos' plan is to not have a plan? I like this plan! I doubt NicNat has a real plan either so it could work.

If there's one thing I've learnt from watching the dunnies this season it's that it doesn't matter if NicNat has a blinder or doesn't even show. The kids just one man in a team of 18 and if the other 17 don't show there aint nothing he can do.

Rohan, Bevan and Vez would probably be the frount runners for the position. Trent Dennis Lane has only just returned from injury and probably wont be considered. Rohan only played part of the reserves game because he was listed as an emergency along with Bevan and is probably the reason he wasnt on the best list with Veszpremi.

My conclusion would be in order Bevan, Rohan and then Veszpremi however Roos is hinting that there could be 2 changes.
Yeah I just read this on the Swans site. So who is the other player to be dropped/is injured? (Cue Bedford's "Drop Moore!":))

p.s. Would love to see Rohan get a run for McGlynn.

Won't be a walk in the park but expect 4 points for the home team.

Onwards to VICTORY !

I agree with you Roosy.West Coast looked good against Essendon last week and NicNat seems to bring other players into the game.I hope big Lynch doesn't come in as he has been playing in the midfield and is a big man with a big kick who would be difficult to match up on.
Our boys played at Etihard on Saturday and apparantly the track is very hard on the body there so hopefully we have had good recovery this week.
Hopefully only changes for injuries.I don't believe in replacing things that aren't broken.

I'd be surprised if most of the Sydney planning for the game didn't revolve around NN.

The Eagles only have a few dangerous players and he is the most important by far. I'm sure Seaby would have had a few insights about how to stop him. If I were Roos, I'd look at stopping Hurn from moving the ball out of defence, LeCras up forward and NN in the middle. If Sydney achieves these things, it'll be 10 goals plus, I'd imagine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5 The Sydney Swans vs. The West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back