Round 5 The Sydney Swans vs. The West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope not

+1.

If he plays it means at least one of Bradshaw, Goodes, White is injured. And i would think Currie and Johnston will be in front of Henry for a spot in the 1's anyway in the forward line. He would be last resort i reckon.

+1.

If he plays it means at least one of Bradshaw, Goodes, White is injured. And i would think Currie and Johnston will be in front of Henry for a spot in the 1's anyway in the forward line. He would be last resort i reckon.
Good lord NO to Playfair!
C'mon now, predictions everyone, to the rumour that Roos is going to drop someone else (see Swans site on McGlynn injury)...who is it going to be? We've had the White discussion this week, a nuff-nuff on Bay 13 thinks Kirk has had it, others think Jetta's legs are too skinny, Jude Bolton's too pretty for his age, Moore's too ugly, Kennelly's too bald now...LRT's beard is too patchy. In the words of Hewitt, C'MON! Who's being dropped?

Okay, maybe it's Marty, or are they going to rest Bolton, C. due to some lingering niggle we know little about?

Roos likes to pick Vez when fit so thats who I would think/second guess as to be the replacement of Babe in the infirmary up forward.

On that Nicnat lad, Mummy is a very physical ruckman in the sense of his tackling and throwing about of his large frame in contested situations.
This perhaps could help or be a key in slowing down or tiring out of the Nat attack, though thats if he can get near the chap in the first place. Still with Kirk, B1, ROK and Kennedy roaming through the middle, one would think he should not be able to stroll about as easily as the last round.:footy:

I think it must be either Marty or Craig but only due to niggling injuries, in other words it will be giving someone a week off to rest and get over a nagging injury, not dropping someone. Just going on what i saw last week Marty and Craig looked sore at different stages.

If Marty is out, i'd bring Nick Smith in, he deserves a call up after some great 2's performances and if Craig is out, Teddy comes in.

with little Mighty Mouse out, does anyone reckon 'Rindsay' Rohan might get a crack at senior footy? or will Roosy be his usual safe self and pick Smith/O'Dwyer etc or even Patty...

as for Nic Nat and Ui, as exciting as he is - the blokes skills leave a lot to be desired (at the moment at least!), as long as our defence is switched on I don't think he will have much impact in the scoring stats.

he will more than likely kill the hit outs and clearances, but as soon as he shanks the disposal Tiger and the boys will be all over it and sending it in the other direction!

McGlynn plays a few roles in the team, not just small forward. Smith was in the midfield for the ressies, kicked a couple of goals. I think he has a few more strings to his bow than people give him credit for. Could be a good matchup for the dangerous LeCras, too. Kennelly, Mattner, Eski and Shaw aren't exactly lockdown defenders. There is always Bolton I suppose.

So who is the second out, hinted at above? Could ROK's ribs be worse than reported? or Mattner's ankle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH with NicNat one of the mids (maybe Jude) should ignore his man at the centre bounce, wait for Nui to grab the ball out of the centre square and whammo! drop the shoulder (legally) into the rib cage as he tries to Sideshow Bob his way out of the centre. That will learn him...

Forget Jude... Let Mummy do it. Just once. First up. It will just put question marks in NicNat's mind for the rest of the game. Nat goes up, takes the ball, Mumford stays down and when NicNat starts going, Mumford puts him on the deck with his 105 kg frame. NicNat might be a little more tentative contesting the next ruck contest after that.

All this talk of laying a sneaky shot on NicNat is dissapointing. Imagine the West Coast response to all that crap, especially if NicNat ends up copping a hit on sat.

In regards to McGlynn's injury, I'd be great to see Rohan debut, as i'd love to see a fellow ranga in full flight. More realistically it'll be the hard frame of Vesz replacing him.

All this talk of laying a sneaky shot on NicNat is dissapointing. Imagine the West Coast response to all that crap, especially if NicNat ends up copping a hit on sat.

In regards to McGlynn's injury, I'd be great to see Rohan debut, as i'd love to see a fellow ranga in full flight. More realistically it'll be the hard frame of Vesz replacing him.

What? Nothing illegal. Nothing behind play. I'm just talking about laying a big bump on him, roughing him up. Not deliberately injuring him.

I didn't say anything dirty, either. Nothing wrong with laying a "tag" on a ruckman who likes to grab the ball from the centre and run instead of tapping. Hit him with a hard, fair tackle and he might think twice before doing it that's all.

If Vez is fit and firing in the twos it becomes a nice "problem" to have to choose between him and Rohan...

ROK will chop this weekend against us, I'm selecting him as my DT captain. Hopefully it's another close game but I can't see us getting up at the scg. I just hope it's a fair game with no injuries. Good luck

I didn't say anything dirty, either. Nothing wrong with laying a "tag" on a ruckman who likes to grab the ball from the centre and run instead of tapping. Hit him with a hard, fair tackle and he might think twice before doing it that's all.

If Vez is fit and firing in the twos it becomes a nice "problem" to have to choose between him and Rohan...

Come on db you are sanctioning a tagging here, anyone can see this.
Long or short stops db ?:thumbsu:

No chance of it being sneaky Horns, as he is always running around with that effing camera phone.

I have a head cold, but has anyone ever noticed how much Craig Bolton looks like Ryan O'neal?
82622977.jpg

ryan_o_neal_011.jpg

Oh wow wait till Hooley sees that.

Forget Jude... Let Mummy do it. Just once. First up. It will just put question marks in NicNat's mind for the rest of the game. Nat goes up, takes the ball, Mumford stays down and when NicNat starts going, Mumford puts him on the deck with his 105 kg frame. NicNat might be a little more tentative contesting the next ruck contest after that.
I don't think you're taking it anywhere near far enough. There's still no red card rule in the AFL - pick some list clogger from the reserves, give him a crowbar, and tell him to just lay waste to 3-4 key players early on in the match. He'll never play again, but we keep 22 men and the opposition will be stuffed. Probably best to save this tactic for a grand final :thumbsu:

I don't think you're taking it anywhere near far enough. There's still no red card rule in the AFL - pick some list clogger from the reserves, give him a crowbar, and tell him to just lay waste to 3-4 key players early on in the match. He'll never play again, but we keep 22 men and the opposition will be stuffed. Probably best to save this tactic for a grand final :thumbsu:
I've changed my mind- Playfair in for McGlynn;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5 The Sydney Swans vs. The West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back