Round 5 The Sydney Swans vs. The West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

naaaahhh, he has a new career goal -> he wants to become an umpire :p

Nice way to resurrect a flagging career ;) As an umpiring ambassador he'll be treated like St Nick by the umps.

I say bring on Henry - He'll kick 11 goals, all from frees (+50m)

Don't get me wrong, i hope someone lays a sweet tackle on him. tbh i just didn't like the sound of the rhetoric going around. Let's hope for a good, hard, fair game. I'll be in the stands :thumbsu:

All this talk of laying a sneaky shot on NicNat is dissapointing. Imagine the West Coast response to all that crap, especially if NicNat ends up copping a hit on sat.

In regards to McGlynn's injury, I'd be great to see Rohan debut, as i'd love to see a fellow ranga in full flight. More realistically it'll be the hard frame of Vesz replacing him.

Firstly, who would lay the proposed bump / hit on Naitanui exactly?

Jude? Kennedy? Goodes?................Seaby?

Very un Swans like IMO to play the man not the ball.

NN looks like a 10 pin bowling ball at times, he's goes one way and smaller mids (pins) who get in his way tend to bounce / fly off in all directions:D.
He's no runt and grown men have been trying to rough him up for sometime playing WAFL seniors.................and lost. He's got a bit of mongrel in him.

I'd love to see the Swans try, IMO it would be a huge mistake as I have no doubt at all it would lift the Eagles intensity levels and actually help our mob become more determined.

Read today we are playing for the HMAS Sydney Cup being the ANZAC weekend. I like it, HMAS Sydney lost off the WA coast and we know 9 out of 10 games between us will be absolute rippers and show the respect deserved of the cup and what it represents.

Hope you guys get through with no injuries.................thats the only luck I'll offer.:thumbsu:

Don't get me wrong, i hope someone lays a sweet tackle on him. tbh i just didn't like the sound of the rhetoric going around. Let's hope for a good, hard, fair game. I'll be in the stands :thumbsu:
C'mon mate, we're the fans remember, not the coaches, lighten up;). And as we all know, that kind of sniping isn't part of the Swans game plan, as you and I both know. But saying that Mummy (or someone else) should keep a close eye on NN trying to catch and run from the centre square (and laying a hard, legal tackle) isn't suggesting for a moment that anyone do anything untoward.
And FWIW, I'm really keen to see him play. He's a definite star of the future.

NN looks like a 10 pin bowling ball at times, he's goes one way and smaller mids (pins) who get in his way tend to bounce / fly off in all directions:D.
He's no runt and grown men have been trying to rough him up for sometime playing WAFL seniors.................and lost. He's got a bit of mongrel in him.

I'd love to see the Swans try, IMO it would be a huge mistake as I have no doubt at all it would lift the Eagles intensity levels and actually help our mob become more determined.

Read today we are playing for the HMAS Sydney Cup being the ANZAC weekend. I like it, HMAS Sydney lost off the WA coast and we know 9 out of 10 games between us will be absolute rippers and show the respect deserved of the cup and what it represents.

Hope you guys get through with no injuries.................thats the only luck I'll offer.:thumbsu:
Obeanie I think you know that no-one here is suggesting dirty stuff toward NN. Swans v Eagles games over the last 5-6 years or so have been hard, tough and great contests on the whole, played in good spirits (aside from one moment of brain-snappedness:eek:). Yeah, good luck in the injuries stakes for you guys as well, and look forward to a good game. And BTW am really looking forward to seeing NN play. He's a very talented footy player. But keep an eye out for our youngsters too:)

All this talk of laying a sneaky shot on NicNat is dissapointing. Imagine the West Coast response to all that crap, especially if NicNat ends up copping a hit on sat.

LOL

I think our new 'plan' is for Kennelly to run off the line like he did back home for Kerry in the Gaelic final and pick Nic Nat off at the first bounce with a bone crushing hip and shoulder...

I can see the headlines already... "Nic Nat Paddy Whacked"

LOL

I think our new 'plan' is for Kennelly to run off the line like he did back home for Kerry in the Gaelic final and pick Nic Nat off at the first bounce with a bone crushing hip and shoulder...

That's.....brilliant.

:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love it!!

Nic Nat Paddy Whacked
Give old Tadhg a bone
And the Swans came rolling home.

Just no dislocated shoulders please.

Funny, funny shit. :D:D:D:D

Need to send it in to the herald ;)

I vote 'Nic Nat Paddy Whacked' be everyone's sig after we give him and west coast a touch up (with BigBez's permission of course. I'm too young to have some sort of copyright/plagiarism case hanging over my arse :p).

Weagles fans would be pissed off everytime we post on their gameday thread and we could all sit back and bask in our glory, cackling to ourselves whilst sipping on a vintage can of eagle whoop-ass :D

Wouldn't be playing the man, it would only be while NicNat had the ball. That's the whole point. Make him think twice about doing his little tap-to-himself thingy that's so bloody good. And Mummy would do it. :)

Would you honestly not like to see a massive, LEGAL bump on a player in the first 5 seconds (disregarding for the moment that it's one of your players!)? That's what footy is about. Combining the physical and the psychological.

Funny, funny shit. :D:D:D:D

Need to send it in to the herald ;)

I vote 'Nic Nat Paddy Whacked' be everyone's sig after we give him and west coast a touch up (with BigBez's permission of course. I'm too young to have some sort of copyright/plagiarism case hanging over my arse :p).

Weagles fans would be pissed off everytime we post on their gameday thread and we could all sit back and bask in our glory, cackling to ourselves whilst sipping on a vintage can of eagle whoop-ass :D

Wow, seriously talking yourself up for a big fall here mate.;)

Living in Darwin I simply don't get to go to any live games, in fact I've only ever attended one live AFL premiership season match ...............Eagles v Swans, Telsta Stadium........................Eagles won by 1 point.:D

I must say though you Swans supporters were most gracious in defeat, I was a tad worried getting on the public bus on the way home out numbered 3,000 to 1. I know I wouldn't have survived if it was a Port or Collingwood home game.:eek:

I've tipped the Swans but am hoping for another heart stopping last gasped win totally against the odds.:thumbsu:

LOL

****ing genius :eek:

Wow, seriously talking yourself up for a big fall here mate.;)

Living in Darwin I simply don't get to go to any live games, in fact I've only ever attended one live AFL premiership season match ...............Eagles v Swans, Telsta Stadium........................Eagles won by 1 point.:D

I must say though you Swans supporters were most gracious in defeat, I was a tad worried getting on the public bus on the way home out numbered 3,000 to 1. I know I wouldn't have survived if it was a Port or Collingwood home game.:eek:

I've tipped the Swans but am hoping for another heart stopping last gasped win totally against the odds.:thumbsu:

Nah I'm not counting on a thrashing. Eagle whoop-ass is classified in my head as just winning. I really don't care by how much, because I count on the fact WC will bring it. Much different to a can of richmond whoop-ass for instance (where it was a flogging), but all the more satisfying. :D

Hopefully both teams turn it on :thumbsu:

LOL

Brilliant :thumbsu:

Bez for Pope

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5 The Sydney Swans vs. The West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back