Game Day Round 5 vs. BRIS. Thurs 14/04, 7:35pm Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with the above. it seems craig told derek not to get any other talls because will would blitz em......we could always go out and find someone midseason who can play...

did you see him last week. He got the ball and he played on ...went one way....went the other ....the guy came towards him and grabbed him and he didnt know how to handball it ...holding the ball

and then he repeated it again a while later...rinse and repeat...

No I didn’t. But I’m prepared to be patient with him and his tall colleagues. The list is in transition and they all need time to prove their worth or otherwise.

Hoskin-Elliott.... I just don't get it. I don't see why he shouldn't get his 10 touches and 1 tackle in the VFL. Just a nothing player who at the end of his career has no place in a "rebuilding" side

Noble was pretty awful last week but surely has more credits. Bad omission.

Big call to drop Henry despite massive important outs in the forward line. Respect to the selectors for backing themselves in and doing what they otherwise would have done. Not sure I would have done it but Cox and Cameron and Krueger I’m happy with. Next week with Mihocek back then one of Cameron or Cox goes out.

Big fall from grace from Noble though. After a career best game he’s had a bad one followed up by a stinker.

Big call to drop Henry despite massive important outs in the forward line. Respect to the selectors for backing themselves in and doing what they otherwise would have done.

Big fall from grace from Noble though. After a career best game he’s had a bad one followed up by a stinker.
It was Noble's quietest game in ages, but he'll bounce back. He wont last long out. He prob will even be the sub

WTF drop noble , the guy creates the play , disposal is good, is better than quite a few named in that uninspiring lineup. and always will be , understand Henry needs to go back and polish up on his jitters in the headlight.
, Hoskin Elliott , Brown. Cox. Madgen , Fu&$ off , Honeymoon is over now Fly , spotlight will soon shine on you

Last edited:
I like the ins.

A different look inside 50 could make a difference.

If we can create as many entries as we did last week, Cox and Kreuger could do some damage.

I've got my doubts about Fly ( I was a staunch Bucks defender) but he gives himself a chance here I feel

Did we seriously just select three talls for a ground that is notoriously slippery?

Putrid. Dropping Henry before Hoskin-Elliot is just the cherry on top as well

I like the ins.

A different look inside 50 could make a difference.

If we can create as many entries as we did last week, Cox and Kreuger could do some damage.

I've got my doubts about Fly ( I was a staunch Bucks defender) but he gives himself a chance here I feel
Why play 3 talls plus Wilson on a day that’s predicted to be wet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm not sure about these changes. I would've dropped madgen and Cameron both from the team with those ins.

There will have to be a few positional changes which could really throw us out...

Cox/Cameron/Hoskin-Elliott/Wilson might be the most uninspiring forward-line I've ever seen.

I'll reserve judgement but if we lose I'm placing this one on Fly and the selection committee.

I don’t mind the changes. I’m really disappointed Henry was dropped, I probably would have dropped Brown or WHE ahead of him given this is supposed to be a development year for the club, but overall we’re a stronger side in my view.

Hoskin-Elliott.... I just don't get it. I don't see why he shouldn't get his 10 touches and 1 tackle in the VFL. Just a nothing player who at the end of his career has no place in a "rebuilding" side

Noble was pretty awful last week but surely has more credits. Bad omission.
I suspect its about positioning. I think we got done in the last two last quarters due to half backs not holding a defensive position and getting sucked into the pack, leaving space and a clean break through the front of the pack as an option.

I'd need to watch the replays, but I'm guessing Noble was a repeat offender who didn't follow the plan.

The forward line looks top heavy- there are no small players on it at all.Surely we can’t play all of Cox,Cameron and Krueger on the forward line at the same time?And surely Nick Daicos must play up forward,as we have completely run out of small forwards?

I don’t mind the changes. I’m really disappointed Henry was dropped, I probably would have dropped Brown or WHE ahead of him given this is supposed to be a development year for the club, but overall we’re a stronger side in my view.
This is what I’m struggling with.
A win against the Lions doesn’t justify selection.
I know that sounds counter intuitive, but trying to win with a squad that is developing towards a flag might be better.

Spot on, no point picking kids who aren't going to get a kick. Melbourne did it for years and they destroyed so many early draft picks and ended up on the bottom for 10 years. We have a lot of nice young players but let's not flog them and destroy their confidence
Right on. People gots to cool their jets and realize we aren't going to be in our Premiership window until 2026.

Looks OK on paper, but there are a lot of underdone players in our line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back