Preview Round 5: vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks for Armo, but given his recent (i.e. post 2015) output we could be getting an upgrade in Stevens.
Agreed, hasn't really been a factor for us the past year and a bit, Koby can definitely match his output and with Steven back in our midfield all of a sudden doesn't look slow and useless like it was last week, 28 possessions between Dunstan and Armo is just not good enough.

Agreed, hasn't really been a factor for us the past year and a bit, Koby can definitely match his output and with Steven back in our midfield all of a sudden doesn't look slow and useless like it was last week, 28 possessions between Dunstan and Armo is just not good enough.
Adams and Treloar had about 200 between them, and didnt do them much good.
Agree though Luke Dunstan needs to lift big time.
Sad for Armo but we get to see what our depth is like.
I dare say a fit Stevens is a much better proposition than an injured Armo.

Adams and Treloar had about 200 between them, and didnt do them much good.
Agree though Luke Dunstan needs to lift big time.
Sad for Armo but we get to see what our depth is like.
I dare say a fit Stevens is a much better proposition than an injured Armo.
Oh yeah agreed on possessions not meaning much but they're predominantly inside players who we rely on to win the ball for us especially without Steven, they need to lift as you say if they're going to get us anywhere near top 4 in the future, especially Luke

I seriously can't see how we can lose this game.
We've got them covered.

Saints by 4 goals.
I had Saints by 4 goals against pies, reckon saints by 2 goals this week. I think I'm getting overconfident which is dangerous, but **** it, our system works as long as the players bring their pressure and we kick a little straighter, there's no reason we should not win this!

Huge game this week.

We will have to be at our best but if we win this it really sets us up with hawks, GWS, blues and Sydney to follow on the next 4.

Ross to repeat his shut down of danger
Dunstan to play and blanket jelwood
Brown keeps Hawkins to 2 or 3
Gears shuts motlop out of the game completely

Saints kick straight for once

Saints by 17

I seriously can't see how we can lose this game.
We've got them covered.

Saints by 4 goals.

Don't be so overconfident. Saints are not in a good form.

Last time Armitage played against Geelong, he had 15 possessions and 5 tackles. So, definitely not a big loss. Bigger issue is form. Michington is not yet in. Weller and Dunstan are out of form. So, it's going to be interesting.

In the eyes of those responding

Has Tom Hickey been 'managed' or dropped based on he was absolutely towelled up by Grundy?
Managed. Two torn groins, hammy off the bone, and a broken pelvis.

Still managed to compete with Grundy and help the Saints to a comfortable win over the hapless filth.

Has Tom Hickey been 'managed' or dropped based on he was absolutely towelled up by Grundy?

Grundy has been 'towelling' everyone and we got the W comfortably so... no.

We are in a unique situation where we have 2 fit top grade ruckmen on the list, both of which aren't a fwds bunghole- so can't play together.

I would expect this to be the strategy for the whole year.
Instruct the ruckman picked to absolutely flog himself into the ground until he's cooked- don't hold anything back.

When you're cooked- have a rest and swap with the other until they cook themselves.

The club is saying managed, so will run with that.

Is your club's reputation being managed or dropped based on the towelling up you received from WADA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge game this week.

We will have to be at our best but if we win this it really sets us up with hawks, GWS, blues and Sydney to follow on the next 4.

Ross to repeat his shut down of danger
Dunstan to play and blanket jelwood
Brown keeps Hawkins to 2 or 3
Gears shuts motlop out of the game completely

Saints kick straight for once

Saints by 17

Menzel worries me more than all of those guys other than Danger, and even Danger I think we can deal with effectively.

He's a ripping player in top form.

The selection of Longer and resting of Hickey will also give Pierce a rare opportunity to showcase his stuff as the lead ruckman for Sandy. Doesn't get talk about much but football life for Lewy would have looked pretty bleak for a few years now with injuries and then highly unlikely selection prospects behind 3 older ruckmen.

Menzel worries me more than all of those guys other than Danger, and even Danger I think we can deal with effectively.

He's a ripping player in top form.

Jimmy W will rip him a new one ;)

Richardson conceded ruckman Tom Hickey would have been dropped even though he "pulled up stiff" from last week's game.

Billy Longer will replace Hickey and play his first game for the season after strong form in the JLT Community Series.

"We would have made the change, we think we've been on the back foot too much at stoppages, " Richardson said.

"We think 'Hick' has some room to move there in terms of being better for us in the ruck.

"But it's time for Billy to have a go, he was really positive in the JLT series, (and) he's had to wait and be patient.

"We're excited about what he might be able to do for our team."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-21/blow-for-saints-with-star-mid-sidelined

Hickey would've been dropped.

Richardson conceded ruckman Tom Hickey would have been dropped even though he "pulled up stiff" from last week's game.

Billy Longer will replace Hickey and play his first game for the season after strong form in the JLT Community Series.

"We would have made the change, we think we've been on the back foot too much at stoppages, " Richardson said.

"We think 'Hick' has some room to move there in terms of being better for us in the ruck.

"But it's time for Billy to have a go, he was really positive in the JLT series, (and) he's had to wait and be patient.

Boom.

Lets hope Billy adapts to the new rules better than Hickey did and that Hickey gets himself right and comes back breathing fire.

They're both Saints so we back them both to do well

I don't understand why Hickey is listed as 'managed' if it turns out he would have been dropped anyway. Why not just say omitted?

The selection of Longer and resting of Hickey will also give Pierce a rare opportunity to showcase his stuff as the lead ruckman for Sandy. Doesn't get talk about much but football life for Lewy would have looked pretty bleak for a few years now with injuries and then highly unlikely selection prospects behind 3 older ruckmen.

Pierce has until 2019 in his contract. i wonder if he will stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back