Autopsy Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

On First Crack, King and Joey moved the Saints into their top 4 rankings.

Anthony Hudson moved Geelong into his top 4 rankings and left us out.

Biased and corrupted fckwit!

You can say Joey is biased too . end of the day it’s just hudson.

I wanna talk about Pou. The kid turned 18 just a few months ago. To see him crashing packs the way he is in the forward line I think is pretty mindblowing. With big key defenders and forwards around and who knows who coming in from the side, it's a lot harder to get near some of those balls than it looks. Didn't know he had the big fly as part of his game. He'll take multiple moty contenders this year, it's just a matter of time.

And if it isn't a high ball coming in, the way he is able to trap, possess and offload some of those chaos balls bouncing in, in the blink of an eye, shows a natural game sense and spatial awareness of his pressured surroundings that is way beyond his years and level of experience. Such great hands and decision making in tight. Always hits those targets after making the right split second decision. Doesn't try to do too much which one might expect from a first year player not getting as much ball as he would like. Very composed.

With the new regime and the team doing well, let's hope players wanting to return home is a thing of the past and Pou will be a one club player. A multiple premiership one club player. Love ya Pou
Can't believe we will have back to back to back to back brownlow medalists

Wilkie 2024, Owens 2025, Poo 2026, Windy 2027. It's amazing.

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

On First Crack, King and Joey moved the Saints into their top 4 rankings.

Anthony Hudson moved Geelong into his top 4 rankings and left us out.

Biased and corrupted fckwit!
I don't mind it. It's only 6 rounds in and geelong did win a flag, and are playing seriously good footy at the flick of a switch after starting poorly. But if we get a couple more wins under our belts then it's time for the media to start taking us seriously.

That’s our upside right there

Plus billings king coffield at minimum still to return (and steele back to full health)

Carlton had 26 backward kicks to our 6

Classic Richo-ball.

Designed to stife the better team in an attempt to not lose (as opposed to trying to win)

Those two things seem like the same thing- but they aren't.

Just read the Carlton thread, FMD that was a read and a half. Apparently the umpires gifted US all night, changed the flow of the game, Brad Hill is shit, all the frees to Curnow and Silvagni were there they just never get paid normally.

And it got me thinking, do we all sound as dumb as that? Are we just the same but with our own players? Surely not...

He's ready to go, and honestly from being told some whispers from someone within the club, has been for about two weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if he is named this week. Perfect time against a slightly depleted port

If he’s ready then bring him in, you’d want to get a few games into him before we play Adelaide. That’s our only other real challenge before the bye.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Billing’s in for windy as sub, let windy play in the twos for a few weeks and get his confidence up
Agreed. Windy is wasted as the sub at this stage of his career. Would much rather him spend some time in the two's getting a full game playing in the guts and half forward to develop his craft.

He'll get another opportunity later in the year as injuries and form dictate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

walsh and cripps are terribly overrated, they dont hurt you. Walsh had 38 touches yesterday and gained 249 metres, cripps had 34 and gained 336.

I reckon coaches worked on let them use it as much as they like it goes no where and then just outwork as there midfielders dont get back at all.

When they played Adelaide last year, they had 81 touches between them and they got beaten.

Owens outstanding - membrey outstanding - ross back to his prickly best

Cheers for the heads up.
There is some real gold in that thread. I'd settle for being as fat as Brad Hill!

How does a fat, weak 40 year old Brad Hill dominate us like this

Look at the rig on Hill!!!!!!!!!! I was in better shape than him at 16, how do elite athletes let little men beat them!

Same with Sinclair, little weak guy - we should have no dramas physically handling their best players who are hurting us so bad

Dougal Howard is the sookiest of sooky boys in the league
Probably true on Dougs 😂😂😂

Mason Wood needs more love. Another crucial snap goal. Lots of key moments.
the best thing, we could say the same thing about the majority of our side on a weekly basis
haven't been this pleased with a Saints side for a long time.

Cheers for the heads up.
There is some real gold in that thread. I'd settle for being as fat as Brad Hill!

Look at the rig on Hill!!!!!!!!!! I was in better shape than him at 16, how do elite athletes let little men beat them!

Same with Sinclair, little weak guy - we should have no dramas physically handling their best players who are hurting us so bad

My favourite

This is what happens when you miss out on Ross the Boss and get Voss the Dross.

Phillipou is the future he cannot come out. Not a lot of touches but he’s playing mostly forward and is millimeters away from clunking 2-3 big marks a game.

Correction- a flag is the future.

I want phillipou to be fresh and firing come September.

He's been fantastic, but we need to address the reality that he is 18 and it's a bloody long season.

I think him sitting out for a week (no vfl) every 5 or so weeks would be a very smart thing for us to do

walsh and cripps are terribly overrated, they dont hurt you. Walsh had 38 touches yesterday and gained 249 metres, cripps had 34 and gained 336.

I reckon coaches worked on let them use it as much as they like it goes no where and then just outwork as there midfielders dont get back at all.

When they played Adelaide last year, they had 81 touches between them and they got beaten.

Owens outstanding - membrey outstanding - ross back to his prickly best
If my mathematics is correct, Walsh averaged 6 metres and 55cm per disposal. He was great at getting his hands on the ball but he really had very little influence on the game.

Billings for Windhager makes sense...

On the umpire/rule craziness bargain bin free kick sale whatever, Give each captain one challenge or 'check' (idea being if something is missed then the play can be asked to be reviewed...), and perhaps each coach one as well... Of course this could be time consuming as all &^$% as it can be in League and Union. 1 challenge/check, and if successful ya get one more. So total 2 per captain, and maybe one coach one.

Probably trial it in the VFL or something first.

Or don't do that. Ha.

Local used to check that scoreboard was correct at the breaks, just have reserve look at bench and views, liaise with 4th, use the quarters to fiddle with scores as in "you're wrong here and these 3 resulted in goals" revise score, siren new quarter with one side having a score reduced in intermission.

Since that requires common sense and organisation, won't happen at all, these people struggle to tie their own shoe laces.

I don't mind it. It's only 6 rounds in and geelong did win a flag, and are playing seriously good footy at the flick of a switch after starting poorly. But if we get a couple more wins under our belts then it's time for the media to start taking us seriously.

Beaten absolutely nobody, hawks, west coast and Sydney with half a side in Geelong

Cheers for the heads up.

Sinclair being weak?????? Humph!!!!

Carlton mids had heaps more disposals but they were mostly slow little short passes that gave time for our defense to get organised . They took forever to move the ball forward where as we were quick and direct and caught their defenders out lots of times . Its obvious who has the better game plan . It also shows that getting lots of easy cheap disposals doesnt win you games against the better sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back