Autopsy Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, have got better with that.
Used to depress me all week after a loss. Now I keep telling myself it’s only a game, and that helps….occasionally 🤣

As far as going to the games, it’s still mostly worth it for the atmosphere, but tbh had one of my annual migraines the morning after the Dogs game. Coincidental? Who the hell knows?

Got to try put it in perspective. Off to WA again this week to visit my twin grandbabies, so that’ll take my head away from the Saints, being a little removed. Except I just know they’re going to grow up Eagles fans….
and tbh would I wish the Saints on them ( too cruel). 😝

I don't live it. I let them ruin my winter months every year. I'm just one of those annoying people who tell others what to do.

Clear mark - look at where the boundary umpire is standing - don't listen to Brian Taylor commentating from Melbourne.

If you want to point out an umpiring clanger - have a look at the free kick that was given to Jordan Sweet that led to this kick.

Sweet was 5 metres away, not looking at the ball, blocking Marshall's run at the mark and Marshall got done for holding.

He's been asked to do one of the hardest jobs in footy whilst the 3 other 'smalls' in the backline are there for their playmaking abilities over their defending.

Funny thing about Stock is that he is a real leader/very focal on the training track. His kicking WHEN ON is among the best at the club. Seriously penetrative and bullet like and can absolutely roost it. The issue with him is consistency with the kicking under pressure, which is high due to the fact he has to play so defensively thanks to Jimmy.

Also had to peel one of Stocker or SAinclair up for midfield fill ins and exposed the ones that were left in there. Bonne and Nas are not great one on one defenders. Wilkie mopped up a lot of errant ball for the side but we were very exposed down back due to lack of midfield depth.

DBJ's confusion was champagne comedy in a game that close. I don't have a problem with the call though, it's impossible to know whether it was truly in or out and I'm happy for umps to make a call.

I think it's too many umpires. There were two in range to call it and both waited for the other to call it.

I think it's too many umpires. There were two in range to call it and both waited for the other to call it.
That's happened quite a bit under 4 umpire system.

The two mid zone umpires somehow end up less than 20m from each other on same side

It does raise very serious questions,but I get a good laugh everytime I see it.

It does have slight serial killer vibes to it....but....carry on !!!!!!!

:) :)

Isn't it the dude from the Goonies? That was a kids film.

I’m a bit surprised by the volume of negativity in here.
We are playing the kids and that comes with pain, but it’s the only way to build a top 4 list.
Ratts and Cho never did it and that’s part of the reason (along with list management and development) that we are starting a rebuild now after 10 years.
Ross’s ugly game plan is to make us competitive while our list isn’t currently.

I see steps forward every game, individual performance of the kids is slowly improving.

Also noting, Wilson was asked who he looked up to in the club and he said windy and Owans…. That should tell everyone the timeline we are in for…. Think we’ll need 4 or 5 years, but the kids will be the inspirational leaders… but right now they are kids.

8428b10810ea4b4ed352b78d90d5bcff.jpg

A bit surprised on how many of our players have trouble judging the flight of the ball and end up not in a position to take a mark. I get the feeling that Lyon's defensive game is in the heads of the guys, and inhibiting them playing their natural attacking game- like the golfing yips- not sure what to do and end up stuffing up..not sure if they should take on the play, or look at their opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hubnester and other mods, please keep the game day thread open for longer even when you’ve opened this - people still like to reply to posts on there.
Hubnester StFly any response to this?
I have asked a couple of times.
I am too busy watching the final quarter to post, so like to go back and read them afterwards.

Shouldn’t be a problem to keep it open till the end of the night or for another day, should it?
Think others agree.

I don't live it. I let them ruin my winter months every year. I'm just one of those annoying people who tell others what to do.
Physician, heal thyself.

I think the biggest moment of incompetence from the umpires last night was asking for a score review, in a behind (so not if it was touched) to see if this ball crossed the line.

View attachment 1972245

Bearing in mind the commentators noted the afl had said they were aiming to reduce score reviews at the start of the game.

Mate, balls in the middle of the ******* cheer squad
Two umps perfectly positioned on the boundary line 🙄

I think the biggest moment of incompetence from the umpires last night was asking for a score review, in a behind (so not if it was touched) to see if this ball crossed the line.

View attachment 1972245

Bearing in mind the commentators noted the afl had said they were aiming to reduce score reviews at the start of the game.

Mate, balls in the middle of the ******* cheer squad
Boundary should be calling the ball for the goal umpire.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the over-the-head backwards handballs? We’ve been doing 10-20 a week and they rarely come off. Is this a strategy or just panicking youth?
Wilson did one in one of his first games and has been picked every week since so they must think it's the way to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back