Round 7 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmm, what to do this week :think: .......Sicily back, but Walters & Greene out ? ......i made mistakes last season of believing clubs, who said player "A" will be out for 4 weeks .....then a week later, he's playingo_O .......so i'm holding both players till i have a clearer picture of how long they'll be out

So the plan is to bring a premo in, and also focus on cash generation ......i'm doing this because again, last year i never had $$$ in the bank ....preferring to spend all on players immediately to fill my side ASAP ......my season resolution, was to be more patient & focus more on $$$$ generation

With this in mind, what i've done is:

1. Garlett to Dangerfield .......Mids are basically full, if i'm happy with Kelly at M8

2. Murray to Cole .......Murray ave 76, Cole ave 82 ......generates $150K for my bank

So yes, i'm stuck with Walters / Greene on my bench for another week, but next week i'll upgrade Walters

What's Coaches Thoughts ?
I like Cole, but he is a premium rookie price...Think your better off picking the cheaper rooks now.
Almost all the premo priced rooks have sucked and we end up holding them cause we feel they owe us for what we paid for them...Cole does look good though!
Walters/Greene a bigger issue I reckon.
Walters gone for a few and Greene...well who knows.
You could hold for a couple...anymore and your costing ya self too many points.

Is Duman holding a spot warm for anyone to come back to in Defense? It seems that Freo has a lot of Rooks in the side at the moment and they're staying for extended periods. Any more and they'll start to resemble Gold Coast and GWS when they first started. Crowden, Cerra, Brayshaw, Banfield and now Duman.

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 9.15.33 pm.png Thoughts on team? Have a few options this week. Getting rid of Bonner > Merrett/Danger. Thinking more along the lines of Merrett and holding a week more on Danger so i can go Jaegar/Kelly to him instead.

Second Trade is more one out frustration. Christensen not really cutting it, so might splash the cash and bring in Gray. Could go McLean instead for a cheaper option but Robbie looks like a must have.

So atm
Bonner> Merrett (Maybe Danger)
Christensen> Gray (Maybe McLean

Murray and Holman's BE's below their averages. Think they can stay for now.

Thinking:
Bonner -> Cole
JOM -> Merrett

Bank 148k -> 225k

Next week:
Murray -> Danger
Holman -> Spargo

Week after:
Banfield/Brayshaw -> Dusty
Rookie Out -> Rookie In

Any other suggestions? My main other consideration is:
- I move Walters into my midfield and bring in Heeney over Z.Merrett (pros: team balance, cons: Merrett's better value), and then get M.Crouch or J.Kelly eventually instead (with Parker to be moved out before his bye if he isn't firing)

upload_2018-4-30_21-3-53.png

Just on what i posted earlier about my trade strategy .........Talking Footy, just saying Greene, & Kelly a good chance to play this week ......FFS could be true, could be crap .....so what do you do, trade & find he plays ......Nope, holding Walters & Greene for this potential outcome?
Just saw this.
Do what you were gonna do!

View attachment 490490 Thoughts on team? Have a few options this week. Getting rid of Bonner > Merrett/Danger. Thinking more along the lines of Merrett and holding a week more on Danger so i can go Jaegar/Kelly to him instead.

Second Trade is more one out frustration. Christensen not really cutting it, so might splash the cash and bring in Gray. Could go McLean instead for a cheaper option but Robbie looks like a must have.

So atm
Good trades!

I like Cole, but he is a premium rookie price...Think your better off picking the cheaper rooks now.
Almost all the premo priced rooks have sucked and we end up holding them cause we feel they owe us for what we paid for them...Cole does look good though!
Walters/Greene a bigger issue I reckon.
Walters gone for a few and Greene...well who knows.
You could hold for a couple...anymore and your costing ya self too many points.
Cheers ;) .......yeah, i understand that every premium Rookie has failed this year .....could never see how Coffield in a poor side was a good thing .....Cole is a calculated risk, but a bit like Holman, i was influenced, not by his sublime kicking skills ....but his tackling & contested footy

View attachment 490490 Thoughts on team? Have a few options this week. Getting rid of Bonner > Merrett/Danger. Thinking more along the lines of Merrett and holding a week more on Danger so i can go Jaegar/Kelly to him instead.

So atm
Side looking good :thumbsu: .......good trades

I'll bring Gray in after his Bye .....has 2 games B4 the China game

I can’t believe I’m saying this but after the rage subsided, I’m thinking of holding Billings. Could just do the one trade and bring in Duman for a campaigner rookie like Barry, Richards or Coff. Also, is Sauce Jacobs going to come good anytime soon? Could boot him instead

Can i offer 1 small piece of advice for all the people looking at going early on spargo.

DON'T FECKIN DO IT!

He cops an injury or spuds it and you're stuck with a donut and zero cash generation to ease the pain. Just either hold or look elsewhere. DON'T GET SEDUCED

thank me later
Maaatttee. Let them do it. Shhhhsss

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last update I saw said a month, but that could change.
Those reports are based upon Lyons Press Conference ......would have had the scans done today, results back tomorrow / Wed ......so reality is no-one has a freakin clue :rolleyes:

Untitled.png

CBF getting rid of Billings now, too many other problems. 23 trades and 120k.
If Walters is out for 2+, he has to go.

A) 1 trade - Walters > McLean/Oliver/Selwood/Pendles/Neale/Zerrett
B) 2 trades - Bonner > Spargo VIA Finlay + Walters > any of the above or Danger
C) 2 trades - Bonner > Duman + Walters > any of the above or Danger
D) 2 trades - Bonner > Spargo/Duman + Banfield/Holman > any of the above or Gray
E) 2 trades - Bonner > Howe/Yeo/Hurley + Banfield/Holman > Spargo

Would love to hear some thoughts...Thanks

View attachment 490502

CBF getting rid of Billings now, too many other problems. 23 trades and 120k.
If Walters is out for 2+, he has to go.

A) 1 trade - Walters > McLean/Oliver/Selwood/Pendles/Neale/Zerrett
B) 2 trades - Bonner > Spargo VIA Finlay + Walters > any of the above or Danger
C) 2 trades - Bonner > Duman + Walters > any of the above or Danger
D) 2 trades - Bonner > Spargo/Duman + Banfield/Holman > any of the above or Gray
E) 2 trades - Bonner > Howe/Yeo/Hurley + Banfield/Holman > Spargo

Would love to hear some thoughts...Thanks

I would bring in Oliver or Neale. Personally I already have Oliver and brought in Neale this week. You have a good side. A far better side that I do at present so do take my advice with a grain of salt. I am currently sitting around the 80k mark (and for good reason).

Yeah I wanted to piss off LDU to cole and the bonner to Sicily but im 20k short. I could go LDU to Spargo but really hesitant becuase I have been burned badly in the past going early. Is Spargo worth the risk in terms of js at least?
From what I’ve seen and heard his JS is pretty good vast. If it helps I’ve gone early on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back