Preview Round 8 - Changes/Preview v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

His form hasn't been good but Nib is a leader, hes pretty much captain of the small forward crew on field. 0% chance he play at Casey next week.

Far better chance of it being Spargo imo.
I forgot he was in the LG, good point. Its hardly crystal pistol stuff to suggest he sits for a week, but I would expect him to come back in.

imagine having to actually make hard decisions on changes, to have these problems 10 years ago would have been glorious.
We did, but it was a different kind of hard; who was the least shit?

Weid was right there and facing the right way to see it was going through - probably could have called to let it go.
I love that he didn’t. He let Tom make a selfish, incomptent fool of himself instead, which makes his position in the team stronger. That’s the sort of ruthless, cunning attitude that I want to see from our fringe players. Brilliant stuff from Weid.

I love that he didn’t. He let Tom make a selfish, incomptent fool of himself instead, which makes his position in the team stronger. That’s the sort of ruthless, cunning attitude that I want to see from our fringe players. Brilliant stuff from Weid.
Even Tom said after the game that he wanted a goal because he hadn't been playing that well. S*** bloke..

Given TMac was standing between the posts on his own i’m pretty confident he would have known where he was. No big deal but won’t be surprised if Goody gives him a talking to.

not sure on the hate towards Spargo. By far our most important small forward and we are not exactly swimming in them. Kozzie does nice things sometimes but Spargo sets up a lot of our offense and is often one of the better users going into the 50 and acting as a get out kick.

Tmac showed more hunger than Weid but Weid was playing out of a position doing the team thing, so I'd keep Weid.
Would love to see Bedford play a couple more weeks.

Melksham staying in would actually be ok in my view.
Assuming all the guys are fit from COVID (unlikely tbh) then Petty comes back in for Smith, otherwise Tomlinson.
Jackson in for TMAC.
ANB in for Dunstan.

The visual of a backline turnover leading to Hunt and Langdon streaming down the wing kicking to a forward line with Kossie and Bedford in it is very appealing; even more so with Kelli Underwood commentating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can only assume people who want Spargo out aren’t watching games at the ground. Langdon is rightfully being lauded here and Spargo is playing a very similar role defensively in transitioning from offence to defence on both wings and preventing sides from rebounding. Plays in a position where it’s more difficult to find the footy but his importance for our team defence is huge even if his output in attack is variable.

Can only assume people who want Spargo out aren’t watching games at the ground. Langdon is rightfully being lauded here and Spargo is playing a very similar role defensively in transitioning from offence to defence on both wings and preventing sides from rebounding. Plays in a position where it’s more difficult to find the footy but his importance for our team defence is huge even if his output in attack is variable.
I'm in QLD so you're probably right. But I pointed out the same thing about TMac before he was dropped and nobody noticed?

Too early to speculate the ins and outs with COVID doing the rounds. I wouldn't be too sad if Rivers was dropped, he has been pretty poor all year. Also something is up with Lever. I think he is carrying something, if so, he needs to be managed to get it right because at the moment he isn't offering a lot besides on field leadership.

The visual of a backline turnover leading to Hunt and Langdon streaming down the wing kicking to a forward line with Kossie and Bedford in it is very appealing; even more so with Kelli Underwood commentating.

"Pick up by Hunt... He's a hunter of the ball is Hunt, and he certainly hunted that ball! Gives it off to his fellow headband wearer in Langdon. He loves to run does Langdon, that's why they call him 'the running man'. And here... comes... Kozzie! He's like a little mozzie is Kozzie! He gives it to Bedford who can shoot at goal... Toby or not Toby, that's the question... Toby! He made his Bedford and now he can lie in it!"

sorry if I missed this guys but why wasn't Hibberd playing in the VFL? I thought he was scheduled to play this week?

its an excellent question, been wondering exactly the same

That was pretty f***ed up by Tommy.it was a weird feeling at the ground too. The crowd barely acknowledged the goal. Would have been a great goal by Harmes. Just felt like a player stealing a goal who's playing for his spot. It's not what this teams about tbh.
Totally agree. There was totally a feeling of WTF around me in the crowd when this happened. No upside to his actions, only potential downside ... drop the mark, or not take the mark with one touch and it has cost a goal.

There was no Hawks player within a bull's roar so no possiblity of the ball being touched. Nor was there any possibiity of the ball bouncing back before the line. The ball would have sailed through at head height.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned TMac's shepherding of Sparrow's kick/goal in the GF. Now THAT was great/team first.

Anyone else excited for this game? Expect saints to take it right up to us early and we will have to pull our finger out to withstand them. A win means we will be really starting to separate ourselves from the pack.

Also hope Jackson and Marshall both play, it’s the two best ruck combos in the league going head to head.

this is a massive game for us. if we win, we go 10-0 as we have wce and kangaroos the following 2 weeks.

Wouldn't be surprised if we played our best footy for the year this game. Last year we didn't really start to play our best until we had the Dogs and Lions in consecutive weeks. We'll rise to the occasion. Could also see the Saints struggling to run the game out coming back from Cairns conditions

this is a massive game for us. if we win, we go 10-0 as we have wce and kangaroos the following 2 weeks.

10-0 , shucks, that would be amazing. I totally agree this game is MASSIVE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 8 - Changes/Preview v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back