Prediction Round 8: Changes Vs Hawks + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry I beg to differ 🙂

The part where you say his touches are meaningless. Off the top of my head from the last game he was involved in two that resulted in goals or should have. The tap in the goal square and the quick handball around the 50 metre arc. Also few kicks that hit the forward in other games

Seen him run into the defensive half and middle which Sturt doesn't.

I get it. You and majority prefer Sturt with his youth, future prospect and X factor. But comparing the two now only on performance to say Sturt has been much better is bit of an embellishment
I said most of his touches and I stand by that both on the stats and eye test. I also didn’t say Sturt has been much better, I said they have similar stats for their role I just prefer Sturts stats (marginally). The main point that everyone brings up and I think has already been brought up is the games played means we know the Banfield ceiling, we don’t know Sturts

Pretty sure banners will be omitted today and the whole board will rejoice lol.. still think he makes a good sub, coming on to be able to kick a goal or run through other positions.

Not necessarily saying the case with banners but those saying players hitting their ceiling and enough opportunities to show. Let's say Priddis who wasn't flashy, couldn't get games for long time but became one of the weagles better mids.

Pretty sure banners will be omitted today and the whole board will rejoice lol.. still think he makes a good sub, coming on to be able to kick a goal or run through other positions.

Not necessarily saying the case with banners but those saying players hitting their ceiling and enough opportunities to show. Let's say Priddis who wasn't flashy, couldn't get games for long time but became one of the weagles better mids.
Not sure Priddis is a great example of not getting games

Got drafted and played 2 games in his first year, then basically played 20 or more every season after it

He's 25, done and isn't turning into a Priddis. Weird..

There was talk he’d been assured a good run at it - then subbed the next game.
Have we ever had a Treacy, Amiss and Sturt forward line? Just once I’d like to see this happen !
I’m also keen to see if Corbett can out perform Hughes on the wing. Was an elite runner at GC, a good size with sticky hands, worth a shot I reckon.
Waiting till 4pm today to see 🤞 also waiting till 6pm for Powerball, think that’s more realistic to be honest!!🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I am going to go out on a limb here (on may 4 2023) and say we will get the best part of 10 years with Treacy amiss and Sturt in the forward line. Bookmark this post.

Well considering after 25 years of existence we had beaten Hawthorn just 8 times.

We have won the last 4 games since Longmuir took over and the hawks are the only team he hasn't lost too.

So hopefully we win as we owe still them another 20 years of punishment.
I had to quote this again and looked this up.

Only beaten hawks all 4 times under Justin Longmuir. That season when we beat them in Tassie... 2021, that's the 1st time we beat hawks in Tassie.

That's also the only time we did the double over them too as we also won in Perth too.

So under Longmuirs 2020-22 years, we faced the hawks 4 times and won all 4 games.

Before that from 1995-2019, we only beat them 8 times in total. 6 times in WA, once in docklands and once in Waverly.

Under Ross Lyon from. 2012-19. I can Only think of one game we beat the hawks. That was 2014 in Perth in a high scoring game.

Under Mark Harvey from mid 2007-2011, I can think of and remember 2 hawks wins. One was in 2008 or 2009 in Perth . The other was 2010 Elim final in Perth too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

aO3DpYSmKpNzTC3P9Ssr75GYTLw=.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 8: Changes Vs Hawks + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back