Round 8 COLLINGWOOD VS GEELONG

Remove this Banner Ad

we are the one side who has beaten (been consistently competitive) against you blokes.

Superb rivalry, your a gun side, i wouldnt be to worried if i was you - with that in mind, pies were great today, with Cats getting a good run with the idiots in green, good game - cats not to be worried.

Great performance pies

Yeah I think the pies have beaten us more than any other since 07 and 3 times have been completely SMASHED inc 2008 in rd 8 when we lost our only game.

Yeah I think the pies have beaten us more than any other since 07 and 3 times have been completely SMASHED inc 2008 in rd 8 when we lost our only game.

they have been a good side thats why, probably the best side since our reign began, they have more runs on the board than st kilda and hawthorn id say, only just thought

stay classy and remember anzac day :p
Prefer to look forward to the WADA outcome than look back at Anzac Day...but by then you will be gone anyway.

Try Beams, Johnson, Shaw, Thomas, Fasolo, Young, Toovey, Clark, Goldsack and Keefe.
Glad someone finally mentioned Keefe, he was going great guns early last year in a backline with no little support due to the other defender injuries.

You could say the same about your Coach too, cause if I remember correctly, Sydney beat the Hawks last year in the Premiership, no Cats involved>>>>>drift>>>get?

Pies 102
Cats 96

Umm.. We got a new coach in 2011 who won a flag, remember the 2011 Grand Final?

Nathan Buckley has never been involved in a flag.

Well, we're 6 and 1 and going pretty good. On the slide? Maybe. Tends to happen after 3 flags in 5 years. But we've lost one game and haven't even played at home yet this year. We have 7 of the remaining games at Simonds and an easy draw coming up. You've lost 3 games.

That's right, to make top 4 last year you needed no more than 6 losses! So you've got 14 games to go and not much room for error champ. You've got injuries like we do and already been smashed when you don't play out of your skins like last night. I mean, getting mauled by Essenson?

Your intentsity was great last night, was a good win. But the gap between this and your worst is BIG. You know that. Good luck.

D
Um.. No. To me, Stokes looked more shaken than Goddard. The force was arguably greater to Goddard's chest, but not head, which is all that matters here. The fundamentals between the 2 are the same. Jolly still chose to bump and got Stokes high. If the AFL is consistent, Jolly has to go. We all know that consistency is not the MRPs strongpoint though. It's a ******* raffle.
Didn't look like a bump to me. Looked like Jolly just stood his ground, and Stokes ran into him. Didn't have the luxury of a replay at the ground. Lets just wait and see what the outcome (raffle) is.

Keep living in dream land sunshine. Best team in the afl? Please. Had haw ess and Carl kicked straight geel would be 4-4 and right back amongst the ruck. Yeah they had a few missing tonight - pretty sure the pies will also be improved next time by the inclusion of the likes of beams Thomas goldsack Johnson and possibly even didak. Not to mention ball being better for the run and toovey missing from the defence

Geel play a brand of football that has no chance of standing up against the best in sept. good sides will score heavily against the cats in September
Hawthorn and Geelong both kicked more behinds then goals. Just very very wrong.

Carl kicked 15.13 against us. Not relevant again.

Essendon kicked 18 behinds because they were forced to take set shots from ouside and around 50. This was Geelong's pressure that forced this and nothing else.

As for the Geelong brand obviously it is doing something right as they have won 7 games this year against rated sides.

they have been a good side thats why, probably the best side since our reign began, they have more runs on the board than st kilda and hawthorn id say, only just thought

True. I'd also add that the Pies 'get up' for us more than any other side too. They have been pretty poor in several games this year, but yet again played high intensity footy for most of the game against the Cats. They obviously see us as a yard stick, which is a sign of respect i guess. Our lethargic starts, which have basically been occurring for years, leave us wide open to be exposed and we were. Even bottom 4 sides get ahead of us consistently, pre comeback. It's arrogant football and not good enough.

I was actually hoping that the loss we needed to have would be a big one. Watching slow starts and giving up large leads pretty much every week is trying to watch.

Umm.. We got a new coach in 2011 who won a flag, remember the 2011 Grand Final?

Nathan Buckley has never been involved in a flag.

Just to pull you up, he was the forward coach when the Pies brought in the forward press in the flag winning year of 2010, so maybe he has.
And if you want to get technical he did when best on in the SANFL premiership the year before coming in to the AFL

Keep living in dream land sunshine. Best team in the afl? Please. Had haw ess and Carl kicked straight geel would be 4-4 and right back amongst the ruck. Yeah they had a few missing tonight - pretty sure the pies will also be improved next time by the inclusion of the likes of beams Thomas goldsack Johnson and possibly even didak. Not to mention ball being better for the run and toovey missing from the defence

Geel play a brand of football that has no chance of standing up against the best in sept. good sides will score heavily against the cats in September

Your chances of top 4 finish after losing 3 out of 8? Doubt it's been done many times in the past, if EVER?

We've lost 1, our draw from now is awesome, plus 7 games at Skilled.

Not bad, aye sunshine?

Just to pull you up, he was the forward coach when the Pies brought in the forward press in the flag winning year of 2010, so maybe he has.
And if you want to get technical he did when best on in the SANFL premiership the year before coming in to the AFL

Yeah.. And I laced boots down there in 2010.. Pfft. History wise, you're not involved unless you're on the podium and have a medal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys you can keep arguing that Geelong should be 4-4 and are not that good but the reality is, is that we are 7-1 and sitting 2nd. I didn't think that would be the case before the season and I'm not many others though it too, so we have surprised a lot of people.

Collingwood were much better than us last night but we only played 1 good quarter yet lost by 6pts, we also had a very inexperienced side. Smelts went down early, forcing us to use our sub early, and we have the likes of Rivers, Vardy, Kelly, SJ, Varcoe, T. Hunt, Menzel, HMac and Chapman who would've all been playing last night if they weren't injured.

Guys you can keep arguing that Geelong should be 4-4 and are not that good but the reality is, is that we are 7-1 and sitting 2nd. I didn't think that would be the case before the season and I'm not many others though it too, so we have surprised a lot of people.

Collingwood were much better than us last night but we only played 1 good quarter yet lost by 6pts, we also had a very inexperienced side. Smelts went down early, forcing us to use our sub early, and we have the likes of Rivers, Vardy, Kelly, SJ, Varcoe, T. Hunt, Menzel, HMac and Chapman who would've all been playing last night if they weren't injured.
...and Collingwood didn't play a single good quarter and yet still won. Funny that! :)

Also, can't believe anyone is ignorant enough to quote players missing through injury to Collingwood supporters. That's just embarrassing. :oops:

Also, can't believe anyone is ignorant enough to quote players missing through injury to Collingwood supporters. That's just embarrassing. :oops:

Agreed. Neither team had a full squad or played to their potential. Deserved win by the Pies but I'd expect a much better quality game by both next time.

Just from a neutral perspective, was a thoroughly entertaining game. Thought the game was following the usual script, Geelong make their comeback and hang on in the last quarter. But kudos to Collingwood for fighting back in that last quarter. One of the games of the year.

Your chances of top 4 finish after losing 3 out of 8? Doubt it's been done many times in the past, if EVER?

We've lost 1, our draw from now is awesome, plus 7 games at Skilled.

Not bad, aye sunshine?

...if EVER??? Try last year, sunshine!

Hawthorn lost 3 of their first 5 games, 4 out of the first 9 in 2012. I think they scrapped into the top 4 at the end of the season. ...What? They actually finished on top? That can't be true!

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 8 COLLINGWOOD VS GEELONG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back