Trades Round 8 Trades - Get rookies on the bubble n00bs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollie Wines at $508k is incredibly tempting. Real average of 103 if you take out the injury affected game. Will be a super POD. Port are suddenly playing some decent footy and he may play a huge part in that as the season progresses.

Just wondering if I can risk him and Josh Kelly in the same midfield as points of difference.

First draft of trades was Dixon > Curits
JHF > Wines
$72k in the bank.

Next would be Ward > Clark
Then could finally address my defence which still has Bowey at D4.

Ollie Wines at $508k is incredibly tempting. Real average of 103 if you take out the injury affected game. Will be a super POD. Port are suddenly playing some decent footy and he may play a huge part in that as the season progresses.

Just wondering if I can risk him and Josh Kelly in the same midfield as points of difference.

JHF > Wines
$72k in the bank.

Like Wines, he or Petracca are gonna be my final midfielder.

OK .....follow my logic

I can get both Cripps and Parker .....Cripps the biggest scorer & will go up $40K after this round, 46% ownership ....logic says follow & not allow 46% a continued advantage

The flipside ....Parker is still a POD ....has the dual position, which is invaluable, as I cash DPP rookies in

Parker to ave 105-108 for the season .....just plays every week ?
Cripps to ave 115+ ....but still has that injury ??

On the basis of climbing rankings ....who do you choose ?

Berry stinks, I need to cull him, I can use a boost and go Rachele to Clark, McCartin to Parker and then Berry to wines or Petracca. Berry is dead weight.

Harsh on Berry! He hasn't been everything I'd hoped, but was only ever a stepping stone.

Has chugged away for a more or less reliable 75 on field all year whilst making over $100k.

And this week he'll fund a shiny new premo for damn near everyone that owns him. The only reason not to 100% lock this in is he's against the Weagles at the Gabba this week and might fall ass-backwards into 100.

Harsh on Berry! He hasn't been everything I'd hoped, but was only ever a stepping stone.

Has chugged away for a more or less reliable 75 on field all year whilst making over $100k.

And this week he'll fund a shiny new premo for damn near everyone that owns him. The only reason not to 100% lock this in is he's against the Weagles at the Gabba this week and might fall ass-backwards into 100.
Yeah he was a stepping stone for me too, I think he's done just that. He might earn himself a stay of execution against West Coast.

OK .....follow my logic

I can get both Cripps and Parker .....Cripps the biggest scorer & will go up $40K after this round, 46% ownership ....logic says follow & not allow 46% a continued advantage

The flipside ....Parker is still a POD ....has the dual position, which is invaluable, as I cash DPP rookies in

Even though I’m trading in Parker (Crippa being there since RD1) this week, out of those two Crippa - he’s been in hot form

So get the better/ more trusted player

OK .....follow my logic

by both you mean either?
depends slightly on who they replace on field but as Jiska likes to remind everyone, the most points wins.
…so Cripps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys, just go after who i don't pick.

Last couple weeks i've made great trades bringing Laird and Cripps in but the player i took them over had a massive score. It was Laird over Mills and it was Cripps over Moore. I still love those trades but it is great to be proved right both ways.

This week i'm liking Jordan Dawson and Moore again. Dawson is interesting as he had that interrupted preseason and at a new club so i'm expecting him to start coming into form soon. He's not playing his best but he's still the 12th ranked defender for total points, he's 516k and has a BE of 125 so he could be 500k next week even with a 100. I'll be bringing him in next week most likely.

Moore has probably had his best score of the year and i am spewing i didn't bring him in last week, but no regrets. At 495k he still represents serious value for a 100-105 player. Super consistent and hardly owned, he looms like a player who if you have him, you could go on a massive climb. What i really like though is the fixture. 11 out of 15 games against teams currently outside the top 8 and 1 against Collingwood who are 8th but you expect will fall out. For a forward that is insanely good, but considering he doesn't rely on goals that much i'd say a 0 goal game for him is around 85-90, 2 goals a game will give him that 100-105 average and i'd expect serious spike games against Essendon, WC, North and Adelaide. I'm going to use my 3rd boost it looks like this week to make sure i bring him in.

1651460364095.png

depending on team selections it will likely be

Berry & Rachele to Parker & Clark

edit: fixes my big hole at F6
Different outs, but very popular ins

So +1 on Parker & Clark

Rachele>clark
JHF>Cripps
Hayes>$490k forward or def (pending value) OR Strnidica
Slight change of plans with Berry stepping up to be culled, and Parker looking a must have.

6450ED67-53D9-4EE2-952E-3D671556BC3A.png

Following week:
Hayes>Clark (via Martin)
ODriscoll>Carroll (via Daicos)
Ward>Touk

Think the numbers work out there. Would leave me with

Def: Stewart, Short, Hewett, Crisp, Whitfield, Daicos (Gibcus, McCartin)
Mid: Macrae, Oliver, Neale, Cripps, Steele, Miller, Rowell, Clark (McComb, McDonald, Carroll)
Ruck: Gawn, Hayes (Dixon)
Fwd: Dunkley, Parker, Brodie, Hutters, Coniglio Martin, (Durdin, Rosas)

Not perfect by any means, but a solid 3 weeks of improving my side

Last edited:
I know he tonned up but any reason why people are trading in Clark early? What if he gets injured next round lol

JHF > Wines
$72k in the bank.

I like this - and from memory, Boak tends to drop off as the season progresses leaving more potential points for wines.

OK .....follow my logic

Can you boost and bring both in?

Hard decision, I feel like if you pick one you'll be annoyed you didn't pick the other.

I know he tonned up but any reason why people are trading in Clark early? What if he gets injured next round lol
Proven player at wafl level, looked really good against a side that dominated the start to finish. You've got to take a punt on he or Carrol and bring one of them in early so you can go one up one down this and next week.

Guys, just go after who i don't pick.

Last couple weeks i've made great trades bringing Laird and Cripps in but the player i took them over had a massive score. It was Laird over Mills and it was Cripps over Moore. I still love those trades but it is great to be proved right both ways.

This week i'm liking Jordan Dawson and Moore again. Dawson is interesting as he had that interrupted preseason and at a new club so i'm expecting him to start coming into form soon. He's not playing his best but he's still the 12th ranked defender for total points, he's 516k and has a BE of 125 so he could be 500k next week even with a 100. I'll be bringing him in next week most likely.

Moore has probably had his best score of the year and i am spewing i didn't bring him in last week, but no regrets. At 495k he still represents serious value for a 100-105 player. Super consistent and hardly owned, he looms like a player who if you have him, you could go on a massive climb. What i really like though is the fixture. 11 out of 15 games against teams currently outside the top 8 and 1 against Collingwood who are 8th but you expect will fall out. For a forward that is insanely good, but considering he doesn't rely on goals that much i'd say a 0 goal game for him is around 85-90, 2 goals a game will give him that 100-105 average and i'd expect serious spike games against Essendon, WC, North and Adelaide. I'm going to use my 3rd boost it looks like this week to make sure i bring him in.

View attachment 1389907

Dilo Moore rated highly at the dorks was top 5 BnF last year.

Prob in Thier best 3 or 4 players this year.

Dilo Moore rated highly at the dorks was top 5 BnF last year.

Prob in Thier best 3 or 4 players this year.

their BnF at this stage clearly Sic, Moore, Newcombe, CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back