Trades Round 8 Trades - Get rookies on the bubble n00bs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else finding it hard this year to justify value M8 plays like Wines/Jelly?

Any other year and I would have been all over it, but the mid-priced options killing it + extra trades + boosts means that it shouldn't be toooooo hard to pay around 600k a mid and just get the guaranteed best of the best.

Looking at my team, 27 trades left and I only need 5 (6 if you count Preuss), upgrades to go. Even 2 down, 1 up for every single remaining upgrade would leave 12 trades for sideways + luxury upgrades of players like Ridley/Whitfield.

Guess the value proposition is if you think Wines can go something like 115+ then it's a good trade but then it's a big risk to only save 80k.

Problem with teams might be the rookies to downgrade to, looks a bit bare in some lines.

View attachment 1389581

I'd really like Parker, but fixing up my defence seems like the most sensible move. Plus, I'd rather trade NOD than Rachele. Rachele's BE is shite, but he has got more room for growth, whereas NOD is likely close to maxed out.

NOD > Short
Berry > Clark

That seems like the most sensible move. I could go McComb and wait until next week to get Clark, but having to pick someone to field out of McComb and my MID/FWD benches is a pretty grim task.

Anyone see any reasonable alternative moves?
I like your proposed moves

Anyone else finding it hard this year to justify value M8 plays like Wines/Jelly?

Any other year and I would have been all over it, but the mid-priced options killing it + extra trades + boosts means that it shouldn't be toooooo hard to pay around 600k a mid and just get the guaranteed best of the best.

Looking at my team, 27 trades left and I only need 5 (6 if you count Preuss), upgrades to go. Even 2 down, 1 up for every single remaining upgrade would leave 12 trades for sideways + luxury upgrades of players like Ridley/Whitfield.

Guess the value proposition is if you think Wines can go something like 115+ then it's a good trade but then it's a big risk to only save 80k.

Problem with teams might be the rookies to downgrade to, looks a bit bare in some lines.
Definitely agree. Similarly, if you don't have English in the forwards and instead have the 95's like Brodie, Coniglio, N. Martin etc you will lose significant ground. 105+ looks like the minimum for defenders as well, guys like Dawson give up 15 points to Doch, Short etc. With the luxury of the extra trades / more aggressive bye strategies there will be some ridiculous teams after r14

Alright kenties - how the fu** do we get big Maxy back???
homer simpson GIF

OK here's my trades kenties.

$42k off getting Oliver in. :(

JHF, Rachele and McCreery > Witts, Green and Clark.

Pretty happy with those trades even though I woould have liked Gawn and Oliver instead.

I'll just have to try and upgrade Preuss > Gawn and Clark > Oliver at some point.

$45k leftover. I will downgrade NOD next week to Carroll and upgrade Daicos > Pendles.

Getting there slowly.

team.JPG

OK here's my trades kenties.

$42k off getting Oliver in. :(

JHF, Rachele and McCreery > Witts, Green and Clark.

Pretty happy with those trades even though I woould have liked Gawn and Oliver instead.

I'll just have to try and upgrade Preuss > Gawn and Clark > Oliver at some point.

$45k leftover. I will downgrade NOD next week to Carroll and upgrade Daicos > Pendles.

Getting there slowly.

View attachment 1389593
You could hold off on Clark for another week and get McComb instead and trade NOD instead of Rachele, and then you'd be able to afford Oliver. Weakens your M8 options though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely agree. Similarly, if you don't have English in the forwards and instead have the 95's like Brodie, Coniglio, N. Martin etc you will lose significant ground. 105+ looks like the minimum for defenders as well, guys like Dawson give up 15 points to Doch, Short etc. With the luxury of the extra trades / more aggressive bye strategies there will be some ridiculous teams after r14
I feel like Dawson will come good.

I cannot believe more people didn’t jump on. He was 475k, now 518k. Steep jump for an easy mistake.
Will be much steeper next week

Smith has to go, doesn’t he? Won’t be a top 10 mid from here
for the sake of my own mental health he needs to go. i got him in last week and i couldnt not care less that im burning another trade on him..

he is arguably one of the most frustrating players to watch. he finds the ball like nothing else and he will pump out 120s but a top 10 mid? not even close.

Bringing in a top secret FWD next week at a Franco Cozzo price. Going to be the start of my march to glory *

* Or a top-20k rank, not fussy at this stage

You could hold off on Clark for another week and get McComb instead and trade NOD instead of Rachele, and then you'd be able to afford Oliver. Weakens your M8 options though.

Cheers mate, hadn't considered that.

I was planning on ditching NOD next week for Carroll so one week early wont matter in the scheme of things.

Means I just have to keep Rachele for one more week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back