Preview Round 8 vs West Coast Preview & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

what was disapointing is our organisation down back. if it wasnt for demptser organising them, the result would have been worse.

Not a big issue, with Fisher and Gwilt coming back in soon. I do agree though.

i just wanna see us come out and beat sydney next week. If we can do that, I'm happy to write the first half off as a blip and stay on the course.

Cozi would of been better off left in Melbourne, Milera is going to be a dead set champion and it should be pretty seemless transfer between him and Milne. Saad is very quick but lacks a little polish but a few years in the system should sort that out.

What I see is your main problem is lack of speed from the oldies in your squad, Lyon didn't want to move them on but I think the Smurf will have to if he wants to be challenging seriously for a flag in a few years time.

Cozi would of been better off left in Melbourne, Milera is going to be a dead set champion and it should be pretty seemless transfer between him and Milne. Saad is very quick but lacks a little polish but a few years in the system should sort that out.

What I see is your main problem is lack of speed from the oldies in your squad, Lyon didn't want to move them on but I think the Smurf will have to if he wants to be challenging seriously for a flag in a few years time.

That "lack or leg speed" didnt seem to hurt us in the second half...

What hurt us was truning up at half time.....you cant do that, give 50pt head starts and expect to win.

You guys are very gettable in melb.

spot on. its the ability to run quick and still have the endurance. alot of bloke were blowing up and couldnt run with wce.

That "lack or leg speed" didnt seem to hurt us in the second half...

What hurt us was truning up at half time.....you cant do that, give 50pt head starts and expect to win.

You guys are very gettable in melb.

i was at the game. the guys were trying. it wasnt like they just decided to try in the 2nd half. wce took the foot of the pedal. their younger players got a bit tired.

we were well off the pace. their run and spread was 5-10 seconds quicker than hours. which is huge in this game and means were chasing tail.

Can't say I was at the game.

I just think our players aren't in their best positions at the moment.

Fisher, Gwilt & Schneider returning soon will hopefully allow for guys like BJ to play more damaging in the midfield & hopefully more forward half?

Everything is a little out of whack with injury.

Can't say I was at the game.

I just think our players aren't in their best positions at the moment.

Fisher, Gwilt & Schneider returning soon will hopefully allow for guys like BJ to play more damaging in the midfield & hopefully more forward half?

Everything is a little out of whack with injury.

good players adapt.

our run and spread is killing us. we need to inject some youth ASAP.

bring in ledger. give cripps a full game. send wilkes back to the vfl to build a bigger tank.

Games are won and lost in the midfield. Sure we lacked some height down back today but it was blatantly obvious we lack speed and skills to move the ball through the midfield fast enough. Its all good to say we got Gwilt/Fisher coming back but we still lack speed.
Need to bring in the young guys asap. Dont want to mention names but too many slow players with poor disposal skills.

Whats the go with Dal Santo guys? He seems to be down on last years form? Any reason? I always think he is going to be the game breaker every time the Swans play the Saints, no doubt he is gun but just curious as to why he may be down a bit this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good players adapt.

our run and spread is killing us. we need to inject some youth ASAP.

bring in ledger. give cripps a full game. send wilkes back to the vfl to build a bigger tank.

We probably need to cut our players some slack as they were coming off a 6 day break after a tough game on Monday night. They had two days less break than West Coast and had to travel interstate on top of it. It was also pretty warm yesterday, around 26 degrees at the start of the game, and they copped a couple of injuries which hurt our rotations and team balance.

All things considered I thought we did well to fight our way back and get within a few goals after looking gone at half time.

I'd wait to see how they go against Sydney next week to judge them and hopefully we respond with a good 4 quarter effort like in the Carlton game. Another bloody 6 day break though which doesn't help.

Would be a good time to bring in some fresh players I think - Fisher, Gwilt, Schneider, Ledger, Peake should all be in the mix.

By the way, it's not a six day break - They finished playing about 10:10pm on Monday night, and started playing their next game on 4:40pm on Sunday. It was about a 5-and-3-quarter-day break.

Well either way it was bloody ridiculous scheduling to have us play interstate in Perth after a Monday night game. You can bet that would never happen to Collingwood.

Then we have another 6 day break playing Sydney on Saturday with the Swans having an extra days break. Why couldn't the Sydney game be scheduled on Sunday?

Just got to deal with it I guess but it doesn't help.

Well either way it was bloody ridiculous scheduling to have us play interstate in Perth after a Monday night game. You can bet that would never happen to Collingwood.

Then we have another 6 day break playing Sydney on Saturday with the Swans having an extra days break. Why couldn't the Sydney game be scheduled on Sunday?

Just got to deal with it I guess but it doesn't help.

If Collingwood are really really unlucky in their draw they have to play a game in Perth.

It's the shortest non-holiday break in footy.

How did Carlton go?

I'm happy to keep the Monday night, but Carlton and St Kilda should both play in Melbourne the week after, and Sunday again the week after that.

i was at the game. the guys were trying. it wasnt like they just decided to try in the 2nd half. wce took the foot of the pedal. their younger players got a bit tired.

we were well off the pace. their run and spread was 5-10 seconds quicker than hours. which is huge in this game and means were chasing tail.
This is certainly how it looked on the box. In the last quarter our guys were competing hard one on one, but as soon as possession switched the Eagles were setting up their structures far quicker. Our turnovers hurt more than theirs did, it wouldn't have mattered how much we were winning the contests by.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 8 vs West Coast Preview & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back