Autopsy Round 9 = Collingwood 51-99 Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Macrae can find the ball pretty well, he just lacks the running capacity at the moment to get from contest to contest. And he’s a very good kick, much better than Poulter. And he moves through traffic better.

I’m quite confident on Finn, I just think he’ll take time.

Guess I rate Poulter's Kicking lot Different to you.

I think Poulter can Hit Targets and I also like how he can Kick Long.

Macrae has a Nice Small/Mediujm Kick but not much with long Kicking.

Poulter not big enough to play more Midfield Minutes where he get more Touches

Yes, I mean Clinton Young was a long kick too, but he didn’t often hit targets. Accuracy is far more important than kicking depth for me, providing the player is still taking attacking options and not Mayne-ing it or Tony Armstrong-ing it laterally or backwards.

Yes, I mean Clinton Young was a long kick too, but he didn’t often hit targets. Accuracy is far more important than kicking depth for me, providing the player is still taking attacking options and not Mayne-ing it or Tony Armstrong-ing it laterally or backwards.

Depends IF Turnovers come from it. I barley Seen Turnover from Poulters Kicks.

Best have Both but not all can do it

Poulter is Better the Young was for us. Poulter has Big Meters Gained.

Guess that the thing about Sports/Football that people can Rate Different Things.

I thought Poulter be great for the Chaos Ball Gameplan as he can get it in the Forward Line Deep

Where in the post does it attribute Bucks to the Treloar trade?
The post is asking for an opinion on his thoughts of seeing Treloar playing the footy that he is currently, and with Collingwood being a poor clearance side, maybe that wasn't the best option for the club to pursue....

The original post clearly alludes to Buckley electing to make the trade, as does this post... If not, why ask Buckley? Why not ask Kane Cornes?

Treloar’s exit is pretty much a direct result of the Beams recruitment and salary cap pressure. That mismanagement is much more the domain of Guy and Hine.

Why we focussed on another midfield/half forward flanker type when Steven May was available as a free agent is beyond me. Similarly stymied any attempt we could have made to recruit Tom Lynch as well.

Horrendous.
May was a pre-agent, but we could have brought him in instead of re-signing Moore. We would have to have compensated the Suns and could have used comp from Swans for Moore though their fans were talking a 2nd rounder which may not have been enough for the GC.

May was a pre-agent, but we could have brought him in instead of re-signing Moore. We would have to have compensated the Suns and could have used comp from Swans for Moore though their fans were talking a 2nd rounder which may not have been enough for the GC.
… or we could’ve just not signed Beams and used the two first rounders and salary from that trade, which was my initial point.

… or we could’ve just not signed Beams and used the two first rounders and salary from that trade, which was my initial point.

That IQ draft was considered a really strong deep draft - could have traded that year's pick very easily into the next year. And had two teens picks in 2019.

How in god's name does the Treloar trade end up getting attributed to Buckley...? Bucks loved Treloar and worked hard to get him to the club. Someone else pointed it out, but Treloar was a casualty of the Beams shit show which, again, was clearly not driven by Buckley.
Instead of going out to bat for the bloke he brought into to club he knifed him in the back to protect himself. Buckley might not have been behind it but his hands aren’t clean.

Poulter would me a much better kick if he cut his hair. It makes him lean back on his kicks and puts him off balance.

Treloar’s exit is pretty much a direct result of the Beams recruitment and salary cap pressure. That mismanagement is much more the domain of Guy and Hine.

Why we focussed on another midfield/half forward flanker type when Steven May was available as a free agent is beyond me. Similarly stymied any attempt we could have made to recruit Tom Lynch as well.

Horrendous.

Nah, they would have been full football department decisions. Everyone would have signed off on them.

Had Wells played in 2018 or Beams in 2019 we would probably have snared a premiership. Worth the bet, Lady Luck didn’t fancy us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, they would have been full football department decisions. Everyone would have signed off on them.

Had Wells played in 2018 or Beams in 2019 we would probably have snared a premiership. Worth the bet, Lady Luck didn’t fancy us.
Wells, yeah probably could’ve jagged it.

Beams was never going to be a difference maker and this isn’t a call I’m making with the benefit of hindsight. I had the exact same reservations about his recruitment at the time, given we’d just played off in a Grand Final had Tyson Goldsack holding down full back against the much more traditional KP type in Josh Kennedy, meanwhile our midfield was being lauded by all and sundry due to its depth. Beams was never our need at that juncture yet there we went recruiting someone far less likely to be a difference maker.

Beams was never going to be a difference maker and this isn’t a call I’m making with the benefit of hindsight. I had the exact same reservations about his recruitment at the time, given we’d just played off in a Grand Final had Tyson Goldsack holding down full back against the much more traditional KP type in Josh Kennedy, meanwhile our midfield was being lauded by all and sundry due to its depth. Beams was never our need at that juncture yet there we went recruiting someone far less likely to be a difference maker.

Totally understand your argument. Beams was still an elite player who might have meant others could play forward or back -- or he might have gone back to half-forward himself. Still, even at the time, we definitely gave up too much for him.

Totally understand your argument. Beams was still an elite player who might have meant others could play forward or back -- or he might have gone back to half-forward himself. Still, even at the time, we definitely gave up too much for him.

Way too Much for someone over 30 and with Off-Field Issues

Considering the way he left the club he should never have been considered - many expressed regret or surprise that he should trash our list with his return but it was always a sure thing.

How in god's name does the Treloar trade end up getting attributed to Buckley...? Bucks loved Treloar and worked hard to get him to the club. Someone else pointed it out, but Treloar was a casualty of the Beams shit show which, again, was clearly not driven by Buckley.
I’ve read elsewhere that Buck’s wanted to keep Treloar and offered other players to be traded to hold into him only to be dismissed.

Heard that Maxy thought that we would hardly get a game out of Treloar when Kim was going to move to QLD. Treloar was in Maxy’s office in tears regularly and he also had to convince him to get out of the car for training Such was his anxiety.

Bucks was made to speak to Treloar in that the club thought that he’d take it better given his relationship with him.

While Beams was performing at under his elite best when he returned, he was settling into our midfield. Who knows how things might have turned out if he didn’t get injured. And I didn’t even want him back.

Considering the way he left the club he should never have been considered - many expressed regret or surprise that he should trash our list with his return but it was always a sure thing.

It wasn't always a sure thing.

You're allowed to say it was very likely. Not sure. If it had been sure, then the deal would never have been done.

Your point about how he left the club is well made though. Loyalty doesn't seem to be too high on his agenda. I mean, he said how much he loved Brisbane and wouldn't leave just before he left didn't he?

It wasn't always a sure thing.

You're allowed to say it was very likely. Not sure. If it had been sure, then the deal would never have been done.

Your point about how he left the club is well made though. Loyalty doesn't seem to be too high on his agenda. I mean, he said how much he loved Brisbane and wouldn't leave just before he left didn't he?
No it was a sure thing because of THE WAY HE LEFT THE CLUB - as I said - and his emptying the sh@t can over the club once he left.

Took us for every penny he could get and gave NOTHING in return.

Was always a campaigner and always will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 9 = Collingwood 51-99 Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back