Round Four - Adelaide vs. Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

For the swans to win, they need to stop your run out of defense. This has been a good sign for the crows in the last two games. I was at the showdown and the way the crows were running out of defense in the first half remined me of what adelaide used to do in their premiership years.

Didn't Darcy kick 6 on him last year? Or maybe the year before?

2005, before we got our act together.

I remember that year, we were 4-4 and 5 goals down in the first quarter to the Saints.

Turning Point - Radar's long bomb and Craigy's barrage at quarter time.

Is it time to give Hinge a game?

He played well on the weekend and was named as an emergency so he's not too far away.

With the team full of confidence and with the current level of experience down back (Macca, Bassett, Truck, Torney) I feel now is the right time to bring him in against Sydney instead of waiting for injuries etc that may unbalance the team too much resulting in him being thrown to the wolves.

Sydney's not a team with a midfield full of players that we need an extra run-with player so perhaps Doughty makes way, with Douglas taking his midfield role.

Out: Doughty, Vince
In Hinge, Bode

Looking forward to this one.

After last weeks umpiring wooes I looked at the stats (Yes the same one I generally bag) and surprise surprise we are last on the av 'free kick for' count (14). More noticeably for this game - we are also LAST on the tackle count :eek: and yes Sydney are first. I would of never guessed this, but hopefully we can pick this up as it will be a must against Sydney.

Looking forward to this one.

After last weeks umpiring wooes I looked at the stats (Yes the same one I generally bag) and surprise surprise we are last on the av 'free kick for' count (14). More noticeably for this game - we are also LAST on the tackle count :eek: and yes Sydney are first. I would of never guessed this, but hopefully we can pick this up as it will be a must against Sydney.

Our tackling stats are low because we win the contested ball. You cant be tackled if you dont have it...

Are you seriously considering dropping Doughty for Hinge?

Yes! Not taking his position however. Did you read what I wrote?

Why wait until you have to put him in. Quotes like "If it aint broke" is very short sighted and not looking at the big picture.

Doughty is only just travelling at the moment and a full game back at SANFL will not hurt him and I don't see it effecting the Crows greatly either. Hinge would get some valuable experience at the top level which can only benefit him and the team down the track.

Yes! Not taking his position however. Did you read what I wrote?

Why wait until you have to put him in. Quotes like "If it aint broke" is very short sighted and not looking at the big picture.

Doughty is only just travelling at the moment and a full game back at SANFL will not hurt him and I don't see it effecting the Crows greatly either. Hinge would get some valuable experience at the top level which can only benefit him and the team down the track.

I'm not suggesting we take on a "if it aint broke" attitude. But there is no need to drop Doughty. Hinge is playing well, but at this stage we need to establish the team for the year, not tamper with it. Hinge will be a solid player for us one day, but not at the moment. It's not the time to bring in youngsters for the sake of playing them. I would agree that if Doughty doesn't perform over the next 3 weeks then he'd be in trouble. But it's not the time to flirt with youngsters. If we're 10-1 at the break then yeah, maybe. But not at 2-1 with a huge game against Sydney.

Can't see Doughty being dropped.

He was only on the ground for 50% of the time and tagged well when on. Disposal was excellent.

Selection is going to be tough for the club this week though as there are plenty of contenders for spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't put Hinge yet, we don't need to give him a game to give him experience to help him and the team out further down the track. We need to pick a player who will help get us the 4 points this week. I also don't think Doughty should be dropped.

it should be a very good game both, the reason i think the crows have had the wood over the swans in last couple of years is defensivly both play about the same sort of game. The diffence is the way both teams attack, the crows play the turn and burn style where swans will try find a loose player and not afraid to slow play down until a target presents. I wil go with the swans by 10points to break the trend of late.

Going to be a cracker of a game, crows have had the wood over the swans for the past 3 years dating back to round 15 2004 was the last time the swans were able to knock the crows off. Came close in 2005 at AAMI leading by most of the game but went down by 7 points.

Of course it's going to be tough game to win, especially over in Adelaide but I believe the swans have enough effort in themselves to come home with the 4 points.

Swans By 9 Points :thumbsu:

Came close in 2005 at AAMI leading by most of the game but went down by 7 points.

Was at that one. Your boys really should've got the job done. I remember Goodes and Davis missing a few simple shots in the last quarter. I also remember my man Radar banging through a crucial long bomb, well I think so anyway.

I'm loving this youth policy, hopefully it continues this week. It's early in the year, we're in a pretty good position at 2-1, it will be a terrific experience for guys like Knights, Douglas, Porps, Vince and Griff to get a crack at what shapes as a strong Swans outfit.

Crows will smash us. We'll still spluttering, producing a quarter or two or good footy but the rest is absolute trash.

Adelaide by 4 goals.

Swans are finishing games well, If where still within couple of goals by 3/4 time should be able to get home. I'm thinking it gonna be another close game.

Swans by 5 Pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Round Four - Adelaide vs. Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back