Official Team Thread Roys FFC Season 18 team thread

Remove this Banner Ad

GORILLA OF THE YEAR (GOTY) AWARD

With our season done and dusted, the silly season is upon us! We've got Mad Movember planned, which should be a hoot, and the moustache have to be on your face this year, not delicately shaved into your pubic region (i'm looking at you Mooch and Freakie). But as we inch ever closer to B&F, it's time to get your votes in for the Players player of the year award.
PM me your 1-2-3-4-5 vote getters from within the Gorilla ranks, and the then i will tally them all up the Player that has the most votes wins the GOTY award. You can pick based on anything, posting, game performance, anything you want. So don't dilly dallie, send them through to me so i can put it all together for the end of year bash.

Reardo Fred Freakie Klim Mooch Cheetah Flat Chat 3KZ is Football Chezzalenko Reborn brettman135 royboy2 Mobbenfuhrer Slax TheBrownDog FitzroyRamone northmelbournefc Cannon82 CM Sean Dicky Fitzwell Roylion PTizzle SuburbanMe Carn the Roys! Cheetah

GORILLA OF THE WEEK(S)

5WWhWqJ.jpg

We didn't finish the season the way we wanted, but there are still two more recipiants of the GOW award.
The final Round of the year saw us get pummeled by the Bears. It was hard to find a GOW for this week, we didn't have any real standouts, barely any of us came out ahead against the their opponent when the final whistle blew. After scouring the stats, the matchups and the game, the one roy that could hold his head up high (just) was royboy2 of the HBF. We conceded 20 odd goals, their forward 6 kicking 14 of them, however the only forward that failed to join in the rout was Brown Bottle. The reason for this was royboy2. He wore BB like a glove all day, while BB's teammeates had a field day, BB was put on ice resticted to 8 touches and goal. royboy2 got his hands 12 touches, with 6 key defensive marks as well, cutting off BB's supply. Although we were soundly beaten royboy2 did a sterling job under immense attack.

royboy2's day: 7 kicks, 5 handballs, 6 marks, 1 tackle and 53 dt points

article-1279120430841-0a70de80000005dc-904184_466x508.jpg

Our Elimination Final against the Warriors was a heart stopper, we fell away, we surged, we clawed our way back, but ultimately we fell just short. Reardo was one that led from the front and would have been our final winner of the year if his opposite number BigJoeD hadn't had one of the best qooty performances of the year. Instead it was our B&F fav and Mobbs Medal smokey Klim that gets the honour of our final GOW, and nabbing his 4th for the year. Klim was sublime. Rampaging through the middle and then being thrown up forward at the death as an attempt to get us across the line. Everytime we surged back into the game Klim was at the centre of it, bursting forward, kicking long, tackling hard and generally causing havoc. A full 4 quarter display from Klim nearly got us over the line. Maybe if the ruckroverwhowillnotbenamed hadn't wandered off to snooze in the back pocket, things might have turned out a little different. Klim fought all day for a hard earned 23 touches, but it was the 4 goals that were the icing on the cake.

Klim's Day: 16 Kicks, 7 handballs, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 4 goals and 103 dt points

Gorillas of the week
P1: Klim
P2: Slax
R1: northmelbournefc
R2: Mooch
R3: 3KZ is Football
R4: Fred
R5: Chezzalenko Reborn
R6: royboy2
R7: Freakie
R8: Klim
R9: Reardo
R10: Klim
R11: FitzroyRamone/Chezzalenko Reborn
R12: 3KZ is Football
R13: Mobbenfuhrer/northmelbournefc
R14: Cannon82
R15: Cheetah
R16: brettman135/Flat Chat
R17: royboy2
ELF: Klim

IT'S THE FINALS STAT LINE

Match Stats

Elim Final stats.JPG

Posting Stats
Elim Final Posts.JPG

Combined Stats
DTP Overall EF.JPG

That's the final lot of stats from me for the season, hope you enjoyed them, i'll be back next season for more of the same.

GORILLA OF THE WEEK(S)

View attachment 90124

The final Round of the year saw us get pummeled by the Bears. It was hard to find a GOW for this week, we didn't have any real standouts, barely any of us came out ahead against the their opponent when the final whistle blew. After scouring the stats, the matchups and the game, the one roy that could hold his head up high (just) was royboy2 of the HBF.
<snip>

I love this...we were really shit & you well you were the least shit

Yeah Reardo. Don't give me any of that "got called up to work early this morning" crap, cos I got called earlier OK?

fist.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First post since we lost the Elimination Final. I've been in hiding or rehab if you prefer, but I am apparently cured (or was that pickled) and ready to ham it up again. I just hope the Snr Sergent at Camperdown doesn't get my new home address. How was I to know she was his wife.

As you all know I'll be leaving the Roys to take up the captaincy of the Eastside Hawks next season, so I just wanted to say farewell and I hope you fold.

Itsmyshow can confirm.

Then I shall immediately retire.

Can I retire when I'm already officially retired?
inception_totem_gif_by_maecena-d3lmmjz.gif

What is this? Bizzaro world?!

There is only one choice if Mobbs is leaving. Recruit Itsmyshow

Only if the Mobbs retirement is a facade and he returns the following day. I need my fix of his confusion in regards to pop culture references thanks.

Only if the Mobbs retirement is a facade and he returns the following day. I need my fix of his confusion in regards to pop culture references thanks.
What if I return the day before I retire? Wearing fingerless mittens and letting a sunnyboy melt so that the taste is stronger than if I just sucked on the ice?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Roys FFC Season 18 team thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back