Rumour Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've also heard that we will trade 19 to Sydney for a quality player....so they can on trade that plus 23 to the Crows.

If we were able to afford it the only players I would consider parting with that pick for are one of Sam Reid, Dan Hanneberry, Gary Rohan or Luke Parker (in that order). Parker is prob the only one on that list that they might realistically let go and if that's the case I would give 19 up in a flash as the kid is going to be a gun.

Rohan is a great talent but I'd be concerned about picking him up without seeing how he recovers from his leg first. Parker would be great, the sort of guy you'd love taking into big finals.

What a Tough Inside Mid

Rohan is a great talent but I'd be concerned about picking him up without seeing how he recovers from his leg first. Parker would be great, the sort of guy you'd love taking into big finals.
If he comes back and sets the world on fire, we aren't going to acquire him. Would be a massive risk but one you have to take. The guy had/has some serious talent before the leg injury.

One difference to this situation compared to the Suns & Hickey is that the Swans and Crows need to make a deal. It could be that one of them would carry his part of the player's salary in their cap to make the deal happen. What other touted young talents at the Swans that might interest us, but aren't getting a run? Jed Lamb?

We'll find a way.

Nathan Brown was also a Carlscum supporter when he was a kid.

vomit-smiley-007.gif

I had the good fortune to interview Nathan Brown in 2009 and he told me that he grew up an absolute diehard Collingwood fan who idolised Gavin Brown. He was also quite overjoyed to be mentored by Rowdy as our then backline coach before his eventual descent into the slimy, infamous backwater of Cheatus Oval. Also fairly certain Mitch is/was also a keen Pie fan as well. I only point this out because I've read on here a couple of times that he was supposed to barrack for the cheats and I don't want anyone to be tricked into conveying this grievous defamation/character slur. Nathan also declared his dream was to play in a premiership (for Collingwood) with his twin brother. It must have seemed tantalisingly possible during the past weeks but I guess Mitch was never in our calculations.

I think the Salary Cap would stop us, IF we did not have Salary Cap pressure I could see what you mate said Happening

Could the Swans pay some or most of his salary for the next few years? Ive heard thats been done with past players like Woewodin when he moved from Melbourne (not that I know that this is fact).

Could the Swans pay some or most of his salary for the next few years? Ive heard thats been done with past players like Woewodin when he moved from Melbourne (not that I know that this is fact).

Not Sure but that is a Very Good Point

Melb wanted to offload WooEE and said to Collingwood, you take him for 300,000 and we'll pay the diff for his current contract, so yeah, you're right that it works that way.

Melb wanted to offload WooEE and said to Collingwood, you take him for 300,000 and we'll pay the diff for his current contract, so yeah, you're right that it works that way.

Oh Yeah I remember that but how much will count to salary Cap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were able to afford it the only players I would consider parting with that pick for are one of Sam Reid, Dan Hanneberry, Gary Rohan or Luke Parker (in that order). Parker is prob the only one on that list that they might realistically let go and if that's the case I would give 19 up in a flash as the kid is going to be a gun.

I doubt you'd get any of those players for pick 17 let alone 19. Realistically we would need pick 14 plus to get the deal with Adelaide over the line

I doubt you'd get any of those players for pick 17 let alone 19. Realistically we would need pick 14 plus to get the deal with Adelaide over the line
I think you're right on the first point, but isn't the idea to combine the pick that you get for a player with your own first rounder for Tippett? For example, 18 and 23?

I think you're right on the first point, but isn't the idea to combine the pick that you get for a player with your own first rounder for Tippett? For example, 18 and 23?
Depends. For all we know our trade team could be waiting them out or put an ultimatum on the table. Doubt we would trade those players for 17 because it probably wouldnt get the deal done with adelaide, they are worth more to us on the list than giving them up for 17 especially as other clubs would be interested.

also why on earth would swans pay the contract if they are giving tippett supposedly so much. thatd be early freo trading stuff

I agree but the problem for you guys is that if you need our pick to land Tippett the only way to get it will be to give up overs.

We are in the position of power in this exchange so you would need to make it worth our while to give up any of our early picks. We have no incentive to help a fellow contender get stronger so you would need to make it too good to pass up.

I agree but the problem for you guys is that if you need our pick to land Tippett the only way to get it will be to give up overs.

We are in the position of power in this exchange so you would need to make it worth our while to give up any of our early picks. We have no incentive to help a fellow contender get stronger so you would need to make it too good to pass up.

That's the thing..... They don't need it to land Tippett.
They'll get him for nothing if he walks to the draft.
Adelaide might have threatened that if Sydney promote that they'll never trade with them again which could be why they're looking for another first rounder but they won't be paying overs for him though in any way, shape or form.

i cant see it happening as Parker would be a steal for that selection and am sure Swans could get someone higher than us to do the deal which obviously would make Crows a lot happier. For example, I would have thought GWS would give #13 and Parker would be mad not to want to go there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back