Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the facts, and they are indisputable:

Rather than trying to salvage the 2024 season by pulling the chord on Ken now and hoping for a new coach bounce, Port’s priority is to continue to play out their stage-managed exit of Hinkley to create the illusion of a smooth transition, a successful handover, to let him go on his own terms with a final wave to the crowd rather than being frog-marched.

So again, in summary: A professional sporting organisation is willing to forego giving their team the best chance of success, in favour of placating one man and giving him a soft landing.

What an absolutely disgraceful set of affairs.
It’s called David Warner Syndrome.

Nah that's bullshit
What part of it is bullshit?
  • The AFL appoint the board
  • The board appoint the Chairman/President
  • The board/President appoint the coach
  • Somewhere in all those appointments is the reason why Port are a laughing stock.

Sack the AFL from the PAFC.
Appoint a club member appointed board.
Port are currently a puppet club and those pulling the strings are doing a comedy act.

What part of it is bullshit?
  • The AFL appoint the board
  • The board appoint the Chairman/President
  • The board/President appoint the coach
  • Somewhere in all those appointments is the reason why Port are a laughing stock.

Sack the AFL from the PAFC.
Appoint a club member appointed board.
Port are currently a puppet club and those pulling the strings are doing a comedy act.
They don't stop anyone at clubs from sacking a coach, we could've sacked Ken at anytime in the last umpteen years.

I think all along when he said "you get what you deserve" a decade ago, he wasn't really talking about the players club or the team at that time, but he was forecasting into the future, that if a dimwit like Koch gets involved in a football club, you can expected to be fleeced by a used car salesman, but with no results to show for it.

I was just thinking today his recent "I'm contracted and not planning on going anywhere" spiel is probably just him saying I dare you to sack me, but if you, make sure you pay up big.
Surely paying him out is a small price to pay - what price do you want to pay for getting our club back?

Nah the players need to naturally show disengagement with the coach and game. The unrest needs to come from directors that might not care about having been tapped on the shoulder by Koch, and by others held in high regard by the club or at the club.

The current custodians really believe that they are doing it right and nobody else will be better. Just like the response I received from some employee at the agm that defaulted to believing that if the board were selected by members then we'd have a board of past players only.
Richo said to Cheesey Mac after the AGM they're worried about players leaving if Hinkley is moved on. I'm pretty sure he's said it to someone else prior to this year. Was it you or maybe RussellEbertHandball ?
The unrest needs to come from the players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richo said to Cheesey Mac after the AGM they're worried about players leaving if Hinkley is moved on. I'm pretty sure he's said it to someone else prior to this year. Was it you or maybe RussellEbertHandball ?
Imagine being prisoner to this thought process, if a few want out we'll trade them & Lil & I will help them pack.

That's cool , then all the fake Port players can go with him, I have a fairly good idea of the players that love Daddy sooooooo much.
Easy fix, contract the players they want to keep.

Imagine being prisoner to this thought process, if a few want out we'll trade them & Lil & I will help them pack.

Moving on Ken = scared of financial issues and scared of players leaving.

Hence the Carr approach.

Ken scared of finals (you might lose)

The whole place has lost its way.

Showdowns are also scary, pressure you don’t need mid year (Ken hates them).

If you went with a first time coach he's gonna be on less than Teflon Ken initially which mitigates any pay out.

The money angle has always been bullshit, we are not on our knees 2010 style any more.

They are scared of low crowds again i reckon. Which wouldn’t be a thing.

If anything I think there would be an uplift in the short term.

If you went with a first time coach he's gonna be on less than Teflon Ken initially which mitigates any pay out.
The money angle has always been bullshit, we are not on our knees 2010 style any more.
Correct.....also didn't the AFL bring in a 6 month payout clause for coaches? So Hinkley would only get paid out 6 months not the entire remainder of his contract.

Last edited:
Correct.....also didn't the AFL bring in a 6 month payout clause for cosches? So Hinkley would only get paid out 6 months not the entire remainder of his contract.

If the wheels fall off this year which may happen. I reckon he walks.

Probably gave himself a year to see what happens, Dixon leaving would also be a problem, who we bombing it in too.

Yeah, its all BS and propaganda.

The players leaving because Hinkley leaves is a farce and even if they did, 1 good riddance and 2, there are many ways we receive compensation. I mean if Butters leaves and I don't him too, we are getting at least 2 first rounders.

Its all BS and I'm hugging the rollercoaster for the 20 year mark with Hinkley until he's fired into the Sun.

Everything coming out on the club is just insincere rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back