Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect time to make a stand.. the old them against us attitude.. win ugly against all odds..

But we know they will go in scared and timid and it will be a mauling..

Hawkins will resurrect his season, Cameron will tear us a new one and Stewart will take a record number of marks.. the writing is on the wall.

Can we petition the afl to move this game off Tv and to the Sunday arvo time slot..

"Ken protecting the medical team."
BULLSH*T. This guy has a track record of throwing anyone under the bus to deflect blame from himself.

Yep. He would’ve absolutely been onboard with it.

The idea that Ken would’ve been wary and reluctant, only to acquiesce to Connor’s desire to play and not wanting to tread on the medical team’s toes — and then cover for them — is laughable.

When Rozee first felt it against St Kilda they sent him back on what, twice(?), before finally seeing what Blind Freddy could.

In fact, any halfwit could’ve deduced Rozee was done and needed to be iced up and put on the shelf for at least a fortnight, regardless of future scans.

But not the halfwit whose stock and trade is stacking up wins over bottom-10 teams to inoculate him against the inevitable September flameout.

"Ken protecting the medical team."
BULLSH*T. This guy has a track record of throwing anyone under the bus to deflect blame from himself.

I feel like it’s a smokescreen for the real issues. We get belted around by the crows each time we play them of late, like most good teams they look forward to playing us.

Yep. He would’ve absolutely been onboard with it.

The idea that Ken would’ve been wary and reluctant, only to acquiesce to Connor’s desire to play and not wanting to tread on the medical team’s toes — and then cover for them — is laughable.

When Rozee first felt it against St Kilda they sent him back on what, twice(?), before finally seeing what Blind Freddy could.

In fact, any halfwit could’ve deduced Rozee was done and needed to be iced up and put on the shelf for at least a fortnight, regardless of future scans.

But not the halfwit whose stock and trade is stacking up wins over bottom-10 teams to inoculate him against the inevitable September flameout.

Nobody thought about ‘fatigue’.

Kenny's coaching is so bad that I am going to estimate a very good coach turning us around to the positive tune of 40 to 50 points.

He would change the gameplan.
He would cut the fat off the 23. Maybe 4 to 5 players.
He would use the strengths of his players.
He would get his forwards kicking straight.
He would demand to win your position first.
He would demand a higher level of basic skills.
He would demand teamwork.

That's plenty enough. That's Nathan Buckley to Craig McRae.

Hope you are right about Ken gone at the end of the season but like you say a smooth transition and not much changes.
What needs to change is the whole softness of the club, we need to get back to winning means everything and when we do everything else will follow, Members, sponsors, cash flow but most importantly a healthy respect of our club and no game against Port Adelaide will be easy, I want other clubs to fear playing us like most do against the Cats, especially on their home deck.
It's what I call a "hunting" mentality.

In football we often use that term when you are challenging a better opponent, but when you are the better opponent you become the hunted.

But in nature, the hunter IS the stronger one. It is the one that makes others fear, and realise there is little chance of success in challenging.

Our current team is in the upper echelon, talent wise. But they have to hunt, to believe.

I would go out and put a performance metric on the team next week, on hunting.
Pressure act (chase, hard shepherd) = 1 point
Touch tackle not influencing disposal = 2 points
Sustained tackle affecting disposal = 3 points
Sustained tackle leading to free kick or turnover = 5 points
And
Legally tough tackle that affects an opponents effectiveness (emphasis on legal) and has a noticeable effect on game momentum = 20 points.

No doubt that in their time, the Brisbane's, the Hawthorn's, the Geelong’s, the Richmond's would win this metric easily.
Our best teams in history had this. Our 2004 team with Carr and Pickett and Hardwick (and even Kane) had this.

And you can't do the above without belief. And doing it builds belief.

But hey, I'm probably too old fashioned for such dinosaur views.

Perfect time to make a stand.. the old them against us attitude.. win ugly against all odds..

But we know they will go in scared and timid and it will be a mauling..

Hawkins will resurrect his season, Cameron will tear us a new one and Stewart will take a record number of marks.. the writing is on the wall.

Can we petition the afl to move this game off Tv and to the Sunday arvo time slot..
Nope. Needs to be prime time on national television, that’s perfect. If we get thumped, I want it going into lounge rooms all over the country. Nowhere to hide.

Hinkley's got us sitting ahead of the big Vic mega powerhouses of Collingwood and Carlton. Why do all you haters want him gone?
We all know that those two clubs will be way ahead of us when it matters - Friday night's game was streets ahead of the crap we've dished up lately.

Lets face it, our list is not going to get much better so if he can't get to a GF now they should pull the plug at seasons end, both KH & DK.
I'd actually be happier to see Koch gone. He's an embarrassment every time he opens his mouth, and it'll be a huge relief to see the back of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kenny's coaching is so bad that I am going to estimate a very good coach turning us around to the positive tune of 40 to 50 points.

He would change the gameplan.
He would cut the fat off the 23. Maybe 4 to 5 players.
He would use the strengths of his players.
He would get his forwards kicking straight.
He would demand to win your position first.
He would demand a higher level of basic skills.
He would demand teamwork.

That's plenty enough. That's Nathan Buckley to Craig McRae.
A change of coach and some (if not all) of the current assistants should definitely improve us, firstly getting the balance of the team right for the opponent on any given day, having an effective game plan with a back up if plan A isn't working, and just as important putting belief back into the players.

Hopefully when the change is eventually made there will still be enough good players on the list for us to see significant improvement from day 1.

The most important stakeholders of a football club are the players. The unrest must come from them. There are signs.

Nah the players need to naturally show disengagement with the coach and game. The unrest needs to come from directors that might not care about having been tapped on the shoulder by Koch, and by others held in high regard by the club or at the club.

The current custodians really believe that they are doing it right and nobody else will be better. Just like the response I received from some employee at the agm that defaulted to believing that if the board were selected by members then we'd have a board of past players only.

I don't care about seeing out a season in this extraordinary abnormal 12 year coaching failing stint. The dunce should be sacked now, and if so, the season wouldn't be any worse.

I don't care about seeing out a contract. This bullshit from the club that Port Adelaide see out contacts. Did they do that with players? Howard gone after 1 year served of 4.

Lose Ace Ventura GIF

The fact that Hinkley virtually says "I'll decide when I stop coaching Port Adelaide" and the board or media don't even bat an eyelid is amazing.

Sometimes I try to take a step back and think maybe things aren't as crazy as they seem, but then I hear things like that, and just go yep.....the whole scenario is batsh*t mad.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

These are the facts, and they are indisputable:

Rather than trying to salvage the 2024 season by pulling the chord on Ken now and hoping for a new coach bounce, Port’s priority is to continue to play out their stage-managed exit of Hinkley to create the illusion of a smooth transition, a successful handover, to let him go on his own terms with a final wave to the crowd rather than being frog-marched.

So again, in summary: A professional sporting organisation is willing to forego giving their team the best chance of success, in favour of placating one man and giving him a soft landing.

What an absolutely disgraceful set of affairs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back