Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

**** YOU JAMES SICILY. YOU HAD ONE ****ING JOB. campaigner.
Ollie Florent, Jack Higgins and James Sicily have all been one kick away from ending his career over the last two years. The man is a ****ing cockroach.

Ollie Florent, Jack Higgins and James Sicily have all been one kick away from ending his career over the last two years. The man is a ****ing cockroach.
How about working out the contract extension in August before finals? How convenient.

There is just so evidence that Hinkley will be a 20 year coach and they hoping to jag a GF or even to win one.

Koch said as much at the B&F.

Having spent two hours Wednesday night arguing with my Ken loving brother about all of his failings - and getting nothing back except "If every club in the league was coached by one person someone would win a flag and someone will finish 18th" and his fears that if that leech is removed we might end up like North Melbourne after sacking Scott - I realise that most Port supporters - including him - don't actually care about winning a flag. Not remotely - As soon as I bring up his awful finals record he just says "Maybe they are better clubs than us" = He has not the slightest hurt that we are uncompetitive in finals - he just doesn't care. he would rather we get destroyed and be completely uncompetitive in Prelims than make a Grand Final and possibly lose that. There is no hunger - making finals satisfies them. I am seriously done with the complete lack of hunger, desire, self-awareness or accountability for god-awful performances from the club to the board to the supporter group - Just make this stinking fraud coach eternal and leave them to it! It's just not worth getting upset any more because the club doesn't give a stuff what I think.

Nauseating. I would disown.

Locked in for 2025.

No assistant coaching changes either. Chad was meant to move into a development role but that's out the window and they're sticking with the status quo, with Sutcliffe expected to fill the duties voided by the departure of Luke Kelly.

Too many decision makers in a position of comfort right now, and as supporters we are powerless to do anything about it.

2025 set to be a repeat of 2023's shitshow.
Disgusting

Surely it’s time for a death ride thread ?

They have too much respect for Kenny - they won't announce shit until they 'really' have to.

Ken and his manager after a few wins will have Caro and Kane through the media pumping it all up for a 2 year deal, bookmark it.

Then our stupid Chairman will open his trap and say 'August'.
More they are afraid of Ken. Ken will never agree to a transition, even if it was set as 2040. As soon as you set that there is a transition, the club has an easy option if things go wrong 'Well you've agreed to go anyway Ken, this is just a bit earlier'. Ken, with his rat cunning, knows that'd provide enough cover for the cowards who won't confront him at the moment and enough justification for the few (maybe only) like Tredrea to be able to push for a quick handover, if things do look down. Or more to the point he knows it'd give Koch and his ego (THE main issue) potentially enough of an out that he wouldn't feel wrong if he pulled the trigger on him. Koch would internally process it as 'Well I was right to do a transition, Ken got Josh up to speed even quicker than expected. Geez, I'm good!'.

tl;dr - Ken knows a transition is his death knell and won't allow it.

Having spent two hours Wednesday night arguing with my Ken loving brother about all of his failings - and getting nothing back except "If every club in the league was coached by one person someone would win a flag and someone will finish 18th" and his fears that if that leech is removed we might end up like North Melbourne after sacking Scott - I realise that most Port supporters - including him - don't actually care about winning a flag. Not remotely - As soon as I bring up his awful finals record he just says "Maybe they are better clubs than us" = He has not the slightest hurt that we are uncompetitive in finals - he just doesn't care. he would rather we get destroyed and be completely uncompetitive in Prelims than make a Grand Final and possibly lose that. There is no hunger - making finals satisfies them. I am seriously done with the complete lack of hunger, desire, self-awareness or accountability for god-awful performances from the club to the board to the supporter group - Just make this stinking fraud coach eternal and leave them to it! It's just not worth getting upset any more because the club doesn't give a stuff what I think.
Some of the reason we've got some at the club and supporters with this sort of attitude is there was never any confronting and processing of the 2007 GF result. I mean if the club really had balls once Essendon and Dank came to light, they would have been out there at press conferences highlighting the Geelong connections and demanding an external investigation, but at the very least some accountability and changes to ensure it wouldn't ever happen again would have helped put it behind everyone - inside and outside the club.

It never was and for a not insignificant number it festers. So instead we've a large cohort of fans who fear if we reached a GF we'd get flogged again, so it's better to be 'almost at the GF' and rationalise umpires, bad luck, injuries etc. stopped us getting to the GF and winning. Ken is the perfect coach for these people (internal and external). Good enough to enjoy wins regularly, but not the risk of national embarrassment (missing how he's embarrassed repeatedly on National TV). A lot of them probably don't even realise they've got this fear of ultimate failure and have their various rationalisations for it.

I was directly in line with Sicily's kick and fist pumped when I thought it sailed through. I was mightily p*ssed when the ump signalled hit the post.
Surely not? I struggle to believe this actually took place.

I get wanting Hinkley gone, i think most of us are on the same page with that but going out of your way to support the opposition in a final?

So are you seriously telling me you paid the $100 or thereabouts to actively barrack for the opposition in a home final? Would be even more bizarre if you wore Port merch fist pumping the opposition.

Ok so even if you could 100% guarantee Ken would've been gone if he actually did kick that goal (which we can't and i'm doubtful that this decision came down to that shot), but even if it did, the opposition to that is by winning that game we were one win away from a GF. Based on the form of that night we could've easily beaten Sydney but we played poorly, but i would still rather take that shot at a guaranteed GF if we won, rather than lose the semi on the rough chance it might cost hinkley his job.

I think we need to at the very least announce a succession plan and put an expiry date on Ken for the end of 2025, to put an end to this type of nonsense.

I get wanting Hinkley gone, i think most of us are on the same page with that but going out of your way to support the opposition in a final?

So are you seriously telling me you paid the $100 or thereabouts to actively barrack for the opposition in a home final? Would be even more bizarre if you wore Port merch fist pumping the opposition.

Ok so even if you could 100% guarantee Ken would've been gone if he actually did kick that goal (which we can't and i'm doubtful that this decision came down to that shot), but even if it did, the opposition to that is by winning that game we were one win away from a GF. Based on the form of that night we could've easily beaten Sydney but we played poorly, but i would still rather take that shot at a guaranteed GF if we won, rather than lose the semi on the rough chance it might cost hinkley his job.

I think we need to at the very least announce a succession plan and put an expiry date on Ken for the end of 2025, to put an end to this type of nonsense.
I want Hinkley gone at any cost. I don't give a damn what anyone thinks. What I've been watching for 12 years is not Port Adelaide so think of it not as barracking against Port Adelaide but barracking against this concoction of Port Adelaide.

Maybe not in a final but I’ll be using my membership ticket to cheer the oppo every home game now that’s it’s confirmed the turnip is staying

And I’ll boo the shit out of the clown when a “what happen Powa” inevitably occurs

In a perverse way im looking forward to it he’s a failure he will fail and it will be so good after copping so much for wanting him gone to watch him burn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="Willsy[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Why are they so allergic to spending money on the coaching department?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hinkley gets what he wants, he obviously doesn’t want anyone. I don’t buy the “ nobody wants to come to us “ crap I’m reading.

How ?

This one worked quoted just fine...

Hinkley gets what he wants, he obviously doesn’t want anyone. I don’t buy the “ nobody wants to come to us “ crap I’m reading.

This one ^^ didn't...

For the record I have no idea how to fix it.

[emoji6][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="snozulu" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Sounds like kock wasn't lying when he said he wanted ken to be a [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] year coach at port

It’s the equivalent of a player reaching [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] games . Kok will do everything he can to make stink eye a [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] year coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back