Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's checked out and just happy to collect his massive paycheque for the next couple of years.

If he cared about the club more than his own self interest, he'd have pulled the pin well and truly by now.
Which is why this alleged succession plan is so mind blowingly stupid. The only beneficiary out of it is Hinkley's bank account - in what universe does it benefit Port Adelaide?

It was painfully obvious last night why Aliir, Ratugolea and BZT were available for trade, they are all 3rd tall defenders at best, and having to play 2 of them in key positions against decent oppo is a recipe for disaster.
If you're going to play them adjust the gameplan to suit them.....not force them into roles that don't suit them. It's one the greatest ever dumb coaching moves I've ever seen. And Hinkley has a catalogue full of them.

Last edited:
I'd take Buckley in a heartbeat.
Changed my mind on Carr, I believe he is now infected. Buckley was always on my list for reasons, he's coached probably one of the hardest clubs to coach, dealing with Malthouse, Eddie and a massive fan base in the heart of football, he also knows the standards expected at Port.
Could you imagine JHF, Rozee & Butters under Bucks.

Could you imagine JHF, Rozee & Butters under Bucks.
Would they be able to relate to Bucks as a Daddy figure though? That's the most important thing for an AFL head coach right?

If you're going to play them adjust the gameplan to suit them.....not force them into roles that doesn't suit them. It's on the greatest ever dumb coaching moves I've ever seen. And Hinkley has a catalogue full of them.

Earlier in the week David King said something like, ‘I thought the idea [of getting Ratugolea and BZT) was to free up Aliir Aliir to do what he does best?’

We all did, Kingy. We all did.

I care because my grandson cares. If it hadn't have been for me he'd be a Collingwood supporter, so I feel responsible for his damaged upbringing.

If my kids could go I would have gone. They weren't allowed so I didnt bother either

1. Port Magpies winless and stone cold motherless in the SANFL
  2. AFLW team has 3 wins in two seasons
  3. Ken Hinkley breaks world record for V/AFL games coached without making a GF
  4. ???
  5. 3 pReMiErShIpS iN 5 yEaRs :drunk:

No wonder he has never acknowledged it......it actually couldn't have panned out worse, our CEO everyone, the best man right under our noses.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll add, last night feels like the players have started to quit on him. That last quarter, the piss weak efforts as they all gave up had all the hallmarks of none of them believing anymore. It could have been more than 8 goals, multiple times it was 3 on 1 etc as mentally we all just gave in.
This is why a new decent coach would have us humming. The talent is there imo it is just a shit game plan and a stale voice. Players are over it.

kane just feels the same way as his dad about us; it's very annoying how high our standards are, they don't understand it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back