Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 4-3 at AO this year and 4-1 away. Those home crowds must be scary.

You'd think our collective $2m+ pa coaching panel would develop a game plan for the oval we play on 13 times a year, but apparently not.

You'd also think that the media who are paid to report on the game would at some stage pick this long term trend up, but apparently not.

Hinkley's shortcomings as a coach can be summed up by the fact the club recruited key defenders in Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher to strengthen his backline as it was the main weakness last year and his gameplan exposes their individual weaknesses. It defies logic if it was any other coach, but with Hinkley it's not a surprise.

It's not uncommon knowledge that if you expose Aliir, Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher one on one they are found wanting. We've made no adjustment to our system to cater for that weakness or for their arrival. None at all. Instead we've gone further with our gameplan and further exposed them. It's highlighted weekly on the footy shows and we continue to press on with it. It has to be one of the stupidest moves in AFL history.

We're better off missing the 8 this year to bring it all out in the open. Hinkley's reign is summed up by this season alone. The club sells the farm to get him the pieces he claims he needs and he coaches around them and not to their strengths.
It was painfully obvious last night why Aliir, Ratugolea and BZT were available for trade, they are all 3rd tall defenders at best, and having to play 2 of them in key positions against decent oppo is a recipe for disaster.

I chose not to go and didnt even watch it. Liklihood of watching the replay, pretty slim.

Dont Please GIF by TV Land

It's soul-destroying

Was my first game I went to in over 20 years.
I enjoyed the sights and the event. It all stopped once the game started you could see Voss was putting the clamps on and was only a matter of time before they broke the game open as I expected.
Words fail me to explain why we have kept this football pygmy for 11 flaming years.we were destroyed in the space of four year of hinkly at the helm.
It's hard to deciper a football game watching TV but getting a first hand look I have concluded that we are a weak team that hinkly has put together really weak with a few stars that make us look better than what we are.
My conclusion we are looking at a club that is looking at a need for a complete rebuild.
Stuff you Koch
Stuff you hinkly

It sounds so trivial but this stuff really matters, it sets the tone for the whole environment of the club when the key leadership figure is so visibly unfazed by losing.
This is why we need a Buckley for 2 years because he sets a minimum standard. Even when his Collingwood team sucked ass at the end and during the middle, they gave the same effort every week. You knew what to expect because he drove a minimum standard that was acceptable even if the game plan etc fell apart the effort was always there consistently. We need someone like that to come in with the senior group and just completely reset the standards, I think he's learnt a lot from his last job and give him a senior list with a great midfield ready to fire.. could be worth a go.

You'd also think that the media who are paid to report on the game would at some stage pick this long term trend up, but apparently not.

Im in the belief that Ken has enough dirt on Kane worthy enough of a Kenrick Lamar diss track that Kane isnt allowed to say anything remotely bad about him lol

We are 4-3 at AO this year and 4-1 away. Those home crowds must be scary.

You'd think our collective $2m+ pa coaching panel would develop a game plan for the oval we play on 13 times a year, but apparently not.

actually we're 5-3 at AO but the 5 wins are far from impressive, out played in 3 of the 5

even the 50 pt win over WCE was a bit meh, chalked it up to rd 1@ 33C but in retrospect is was bellweather

Wins
R1 - WCE
R4 (GR) - Ess
R5 - Freo
R7 - STk
R10 - Hawks

Loses:
R3- Dees
Rd 8 - Adel
Rd12 - Carl

Hinkley's shortcomings as a coach can be summed up by the fact the club recruited key defenders in Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher to strengthen his backline as it was the main weakness last year and his gameplan exposes their individual weaknesses. It defies logic if it was any other coach, but with Hinkley it's not a surprise.

It's not uncommon knowledge that if you expose Aliir, Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher one on one they are found wanting. We've made no adjustment to our system to cater for that weakness or for their arrival. None at all. Instead we've gone further with our gameplan and further exposed them. It's highlighted weekly on the footy shows and we continue to press on with it. It has to be one of the stupidest moves in AFL history.

We're better off missing the 8 this year to bring it all out in the open. Hinkley's reign is summed up by this season alone. The club sells the farm to get him the pieces he claims he needs and he coaches around them and not to their strengths.

The whole ‘they push up too far and get done over the back’ schlock was brutally exposed in early 2016 when Alipate Carlile and Jackson Trengove were relentlessly caught cold well up the ground.

So much for Ken’s penchant for ‘learning’.

he's literally a bad coach, when we lose he laughs cos he expects to lose and that's normal, when we win he goes apeshit because he didn't expect it and it's special

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole ‘they push up too far and get done over the back’ schlock was brutally exposed in early 2016 when Alipate Carlile and Jackson Trengove were relentlessly caught cold well up the ground.

So much for Ken’s penchant for ‘learning’.

Imagine banging on about learning 12 years into the job. If you haven't figured out how to beat good teams by now, you're probably not going to

This is why we need a Buckley for 2 years because he sets a minimum standard. Even when his Collingwood team sucked ass at the end and during the middle, they gave the same effort every week. You knew what to expect because he drove a minimum standard that was acceptable even if the game plan etc fell apart the effort was always there consistently. We need someone like that to come in with the senior group and just completely reset the standards, I think he's learnt a lot from his last job and give him a senior list with a great midfield ready to fire.. could be worth a go.
I'd take Buckley in a heartbeat.

Port Adelaide have 8 wins in 2024:

Essendon (2nd)
Geelong (7th)
Fremantle (9th)
Hawthorn (14th)
St Kilda (15th)
West Coast (16th)
Richmond (17th)
North Melbourne (18th)

Ken Hinkley has a 27% win record since 2020 against head coaches that used to be his assistants

But apparently we used to have accountability at Port Adelaide, huh here I was made to feel that it wasn't true 😉

View attachment N6FWLjakxN0AzrRl.mp4

Attachments

• N6FWLjakxN0AzrRl.mp4
    3.5 MB
It was painfully obvious last night why Aliir, Ratugolea and BZT were available for trade, they are all 3rd tall defenders at best, and having to play 2 of them in key positions against decent oppo is a recipe for disaster.

Meh they did alright, McKay and Curnow are about the two best contested marks in the game. It's our structure that's all wrong

I'm going to ask a bizarre question.

Does Hinkley actually care about winning games of football?

Maybe a better question is:

Is the main focus of Kenny Average to win games of football?

It sounds bizarre but I don't think he does.

You can't be joking around after losing a game.
You can't be seen smiling or hugging opposition players after a loss.

A real coach who loses a game should be hurting after a loss and go back to the drawing board to find out what the problems are.
Kenny just goes back to Plan A.

It's literally one of the weirdest traits I've ever seen from a supposed Port Adelaide person.
Maybe apart from Koch which is a whole other world of absurdism.
He's checked out and just happy to collect his massive paycheque for the next couple of years.

If he cared about the club more than his own self interest, he'd have pulled the pin well and truly by now.

of Richo and his pathetic "chasing greatness" (has he ever acknowledged it since?)
  1. Port Magpies winless and stone cold motherless in the SANFL
  2. AFLW team has 3 wins in two seasons
  3. Ken Hinkley breaks world record for V/AFL games coached without making a GF
  4. ???
  5. 3 pReMiErShIpS iN 5 yEaRs :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back