Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgusting bunch of incompetent cowards who are so ******* stupid that they think appointing Josh Carr in a succession plan is ok. What a load of bullshit. What if a Damian Hardwick for example was to become available. Oh no we cannot consider you Damian because we have promised the job to an unproven chap who is one of our assistant coaches. Richardson is a spud of the highest order and along with Koch is not fit to be in charge of Gaza. FMD.
Richardson hates Port, No one should’ve given him the benefit of the doubt

Hand up who knew Ken was a s**t coach in 2015!! 🙋‍♂️

Got bagged a lot but round 5 2015 was when I knew he was a joke. Our first home game of that year Kochie stole the s**t can from Ken but Ken put his ego on show again two weeks later v Richmond
2019 no-captains decision was when I worked it out.

Ken Hinkley explains the 73pt turnaround in press conference: “Well, there were some numbers that were pretty easy to see if you look at the numbers ... they were playing aggressive and continue to play aggressive but what they did when they played aggressive was continue to turn up.”

That is an actual quote

Well bloody said

i flew over for the weekend with the wife, here I am in my expensive hotel room and I think I am done with Hinkley in charge. I cant do it anymore. He works for a pay cheque and has no performance leadership culture at all. I am now sure the culture focus is loyalty, if you “kiss the ring” you stay. Davies and Hinkley rule the roost and are motivated by being good enough to keep their jobs. I am done, until there is change.

We become the softest base to allow a blow-in from Camperdown unwarranted free reign for over a decade.

"We've worked so hard on goal kicking in the pre season and at every training session"

~ Ken Hinkley 2018

"it is ‘critical’ to get the most out of pre-season ahead of the club’s first internal game"

~ Ken Hinkley 9 January 2023

"Let's have a look at what we've trained throughout the pre-season and see what it looks like under real pressure"

~ Ken Hinkley 23 February 2017

Don't judge us by one game, judge us by the season

~ Ken Hinkley B&F 2021

'We were handed a valuable lesson'

~ Ken Hinkley Semifinals 2023

"I said 10 or 12 weeks ago: wait until the end of the year. Wait and judge us when we can get all our people that we need on the team playing well together, give us some continuity back together and we can play at a high level."

~ Ken Hinkley 10 September 2021

"I will say this, don't judge us by one game, judge us by the collective."

~ Ken Hinkley 30 September 2021

"Does it matter when you lose your 5 in a row?".

~ Ken Hinkley Apr 17 2022

“Wouldn’t change a thing”

— Ken Hinkley 2016

"We still learning"

~ Ken Hinkley post Collingwood game

We moved on a premiership coach for less 👇

View attachment videoplayback (2).mp4

Kane Cornes on The Round so Far:

"So that man he looked worried on the bench I'm not sure why he's coaching from the bench but he was just sitting there, structureless I thought watching his body language from the bench. Get back up to the box, start making some moves.. you know he was clearly outcoached again today"

talking about Chris Fagan obviously

Literally didn't mention Ken whatsoever in his review about Port/Pies

I don't know whether you could say he was outcoached today but what I would say is probably something worse in that because of the gameplan we implement, the game was lost before a ball was bounced.

Collingwood was so confident that their contested ball would eventually override our skills that even a tinny first quarter kicking for goal did not deter them one bit from blowing us out of the water.

Surely there's a journalist in the AFL media that wants to get on the easiest hobby horse to ride in history.
Coach approaching the longest time in the league without even a grand final appearance.
Team has been so predictable since 2015 that you could look like Nostradamus predicting the outcome on a Monday.
Repeatedly failing under any expectation or when faced with a top 8 sides.
We've added players almost every year to address needs but continue to lose in the exact same way. Last year's finals was explained by our tall defensive stock but we've improved that and nothing has changed.
We've continued with bomb it to Charlie even though it's been clear all pre-season that he's not going to be fit again.
All the material is there, you could spend half an hour a week on this board and consider it all the research you need to do for your articles and radio spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"So that man he looked worried on the bench I'm not sure why he's coaching from the bench but he was just sitting there, structureless I thought watching his body language from the bench. Get back up to the box, start making some moves.. you know he was clearly outcoached again today"

He is so conflicted. If Chad wasn't there i'm sure he'd talk different.

I think the gameplan and the nature of the gameplan is much worse than we think.

A poor gameplan is bad but just in the way that the players capitulate you can tell in the heart of the players they know the gameplan doesn't work against good teams or contested teams.

The players supposedly love Kenny but they don't believe Kenny the coach at all and that is why they lose the will of the contest so easily.

The players like Kenny the man but really don't respect Kenny the coach at all and these continued performances prove it.

I almost wish I payed to watch Nathan Brown bash him.

2019 no-captains decision was when I worked it out.

• 149 years of Port Adelaide history completely shat on
  • Declaring a Round 1 win over the team that finished 17th that year as “the best win he’s been involved in
  • It’s a tough competition and someone has to lose”
  • “We’ve got a long way to go to be like the Richmond Football Club” said after losing at home to their VFL team.

And finally, the icing on that cake. We missed out on finals because we lost by 86 points to a North Melbourne outfit that kicked one goal the week before and has not finished higher than 17th ever since.

Out of the 12 years, that one really stands out. It defies explanation that he Hinkley survived 2019.

I've sent this message to a few posters this morning, so apologies if you are reading it again, but I woke up angrier this morning than I was last night. I've heard the fraud roll out his excuses in the past, just a bad day at the office, move on, blah blah blah.

In the off-season the fraud was given a brand new ruck and tall defenders which we needed. That first 20 minutes aside, that rubbish we served up was as bad as last year against them. Collingwood turned up the heat and they smashed us. Mick Molloy says Sam Pang's nickname when he played was The Orchid. He could thrive in perfect conditions and wilted otherwise.

That's us, we're orchids. Gets too hot we wilt. Or tropical fish, look beautiful in perfect conditions but if the temperature fluctuates, we die.

It happens again and again. And somehow he always dodges responsibility.

Selection is a joke. McEntee can't be dropped because reasons. Mead is persisted with despite being bog-average on a good day. We lose a couple of key forwards and we play another first ruck who to no one's real surprise was subbed out. Narkle was drafted for no reason, filled no need at all.

I watched Cats v Lions last night and either of those teams would have destroyed us. Tough, contested one on one footy across the ground. Proper finals footy. We hear every year how Geelong are done, and yet they keep coming back like the Terminator.

This whole Daddy thing is sickening. Daddy forgives them every failure and they keep failing. And I'm over the blackmail of But players X, Y, Z will leave if he's not there. Ok, too bad, so sad. Pack your bags and don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out if you love him so much.

But I call bullshit on that. He will leave and they will move on under a new coach. And if it is Carr, they have to clear out the rest of them. We need a clean slate to start with or we are going nowhere.

Press conference question: timestamp 00:42

Journo: “can you pinpoint the reasons for the dramatic turnaround?”

Kenninkley: “well there were some numbers that were pretty easy to see if you look at the numbers, and those numbers work into work rate and contest”

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

• 149 years of Port Adelaide history completely shat on
  • Declaring a Round 1 win over the team that finished 17th that year as “the best win he’s been involved in
  • It’s a tough competition and someone has to lose”
  • “We’ve got a long way to go to be like the Richmond Football Club” said after losing at home to their VFL team.

And finally, the icing on that cake. We missed out on finals because we lost by 86 points to a North Melbourne outfit that kicked one goal the week before and has not finished higher than 17th ever since.

Out of the 12 years, that one really stands out. It defies explanation that he Hinkley survived 2019.

I thought he was cooked after Showdown 43 but here we are SEVEN YEARS LATER!

He doesn’t believe himself anymore, looking at the excerpt from the presser.
But it’s not just him that has to go. Koch because of his continual backing over 12 years has to join him together with Davies. I could tolerate Davies remaining if the other two are gone and see how it goes. But I have absolutely zero faith in Koch being part of the selection of a new coach and even less faith of a predestined Carr succession plan.

He doesn’t believe himself anymore, looking at the excerpt from the presser.
But it’s not just him that has to go. Koch because of his continual backing over 12 years has to join him together with Davies. I could tolerate Davies remaining if the other two are gone and see how it goes. But I have absolutely zero faith in Koch being part of the selection of a new coach and even less faith of a predestined Carr succession plan.
I wouldn't put it past Koch to pick a dud just to say "i told you so".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back