Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently watched “Dynasty”, which was a brilliant documentary chronicling the rise & success of the New England Patriots.

There was a short scene showing the Patriots Head Coach, Bill Belichick on a tread mill preparing for an upcoming game. He literally had a mountain full of pages & a handful of highlighters before him while running out a few miles in the process.

Compare that to deck chair Ken, the greatest self serving charlatan to ever step inside the 4 walls of Alberton.

I'm currently reading the book the doco was based on.

The first 100 pages detail how Kraft came to owning the team, and then how they got to hiring Belichick... You can't help but compare and contrast the approach and mentality they took to building a team and a culture to what David Koch and Ken Hinkley have built at Port. We should be a case study on poor management.

You can't help but compare and contrast the approach and mentality they took to building a team and a culture to what David Koch and Ken Hinkley have built at Port. We should be a case study on poor management.

The fact we’re still prisoner to the belief that:

1) Port was an existential sh¡theel minnow scarcely worthy of its place in the comp when Ken came aboard, so anything above 25,000 crowds and 5 wins a season is a pro-rata miracle;

2) Ken was some sort of football mystic because he went 12-10 with a stack of first rounders, Alan Richardson and Darren Burgess;

3) Due to 1 & 2, it’s not a matter of “if”, but “when”, he’ll deliver a flag provided we wait long enough;

Beggars belief.

It'll be a tight race but I'm optimistic we'll avoid the 1.1 on parts v tenure.

And no, I don't believe the I Have Lost Faith threads count.

feels game of thrones GIF

'Port supporters your list is shit, what do you expect him to do' ...

When has this ever been used as an excuse for any coach ever before? Is this Hinkley thing just one giant joke that none of us are in on?
who says your list is shit? you have potentially one of the most talented midfields in the comp

"We play with Kenny and for Kenny and the rest of the coaching group,"

~ Travis Boak

Amazing coach is getting nowhere, Had plenty opportunity as senior voice to push for change, yet remember saying this after straight sets exit

View attachment 4hWQwhwykVb7VM41.mp4

who says your list is shit? you have potentially one of the most talented midfields in the comp
It’s the standard defensive line for Kens media conga line when they’re looking to deflect from his 12 year reign of poo

Think Kane Cornes or Gerald Wheatley deeply conflicted individuals who are totally unable to objectively review Ken at all

I doubt the AFL will even allow us to sack Hinkley to be honest. It's blatant mismanagement that we've willingly extended him multiple times with the same amount of success. He'll see out a contract, just depends on which one (this contract we're in, or the inevitable next one). He'll 100% leave on his own terms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carr will be hopeless. It’ll be a staged production where ‘ mastercoach’ Ken will hand over the keys of HIS divine kingdom to his understudy.

There will never ever be an acknowledgement of his under achievement and his failure. He will be lauded as a master coming to the end of his time.

It’s going to be a ****ing shitshow from there.

The club is going to be ****ed for 10 years after this.

Carr will be hopeless. It’ll be a staged production where ‘ mastercoach’ Ken will hand over the keys of HIS divine kingdom to his understudy.

There will never ever be an acknowledgement of his under achievement and his failure. He will be lauded as a master coming to the end of his time.

It’s going to be a ****ing shitshow from there.

The club is going to be ****ed for 10 years after this.
Which is why when he inevitably gets his stage-managed farewell wave to the crowd at AO, I wont see it because I'll be halfway over the footbridge by that time.

I'd encourage all to do the same.

If he doesn't like it, he can cry into the millions of dollars he's fleeced from the club over the journey.

Which is why when he inevitably gets his stage-managed farewell wave to the crowd at AO, I wont see it because I'll be halfway over the footbridge by that time.

I'd encourage all to do the same.

If he doesn't like it, he can cry into the millions of dollars he's fleeced from the club over the journey.
I want to go and ruin the day for as many hinkleyphiles as possible

He can’t be any worse than Hinkley. However on a serious note, when has the midfield ever seriously functioned with Hinkley as senior Coach?

It doesn’t matter who’s been midfield coach or which players have been in there, that’s enough to know where the problem lies.
They won't support him with a proper cleanout and search for good support staff and go the next man up route.

Carr replaces Hinkley as coach,
Luke Kelly replaces Carr as midfield coach,
Hartlett replaces Kelly as midfield development coach,
and Sutcliffe replaces Hartlett as Maggies coach.

They won't support him with a proper cleanout and search for good support staff and go the next man up route.

Carr replaces Hinkley as coach,
Luke Kelly replaces Carr as midfield coach,
Hartlett replaces Kelly as midfield development coach,
and Sutcliffe replaces Hartlett as Maggies coach.
Sutcliffe LOL. Matthew Lobbe HEAD OF DEVELOPMENT. LOL. Never fails to amuse me.

Sack Hinkley 11 - The End is Nigh

I think this will be the last one.

I'm starting to put together my Hinkley has been sacked celebration post which will be my last post in this thread.

The tide is receding fast.

I hope I'm right...it won't be the first time I've been premature.
I don't believe Hinkley will ever be sacked by Port at least. He will leave when he want's to and it will be all like, I'm doing the right thing for the club and it's supporters, all the good bloke shit.

All we can hope for that it's this year and not at the end of 2025.

"We play with Kenny and for Kenny and the rest of the coaching group,"

~ Travis Boak

Amazing coach is getting nowhere, Had plenty opportunity as senior voice to push for change, yet remember saying this after straight sets exit

View attachment 2023220
The Port Adelaide I used to Know played for it's supporters first, club second.

Boak needs to call it a day with Ken, he's been a good player with good preparation standards but not a great player.

Chocco had his faults but he never forgot the fans. Hinkley never talks about the fans because he couldn't care less plus he knows he will never be able to live up to past Port coaches.

I doubt the AFL will even allow us to sack Hinkley to be honest. It's blatant mismanagement that we've willingly extended him multiple times with the same amount of success. He'll see out a contract, just depends on which one (this contract we're in, or the inevitable next one). He'll 100% leave on his own terms.

The AFL is an issue. Getting them to own the fact that they ****ed up and to do something about it if the club is still making money is not going to be easy.

Why the **** would you hand over the keys to Carr from a guy that he’s directly been under for most of his apprenticeship and who’s failed when it counts?
And why would you give the power to make that choice to those who’ve presided over and continually endorsed the same guy who has failed?
Absolutely mind boggling if it happens.

Last edited:
I'm currently reading the book the doco was based on.

The first 100 pages detail how Kraft came to owning the team, and then how they got to hiring Belichick... You can't help but compare and contrast the approach and mentality they took to building a team and a culture to what David Koch and Ken Hinkley have built at Port. We should be a case study on poor management.

I loved the part when Kraft tells the story of the first time he personally met Tom Brady shortly after they drafted him.

Kraft: “Good to have you on board Tom”

Brady: “I’m the best decision this organisation has ever made”.

Talk about self belief, & confidence in your own ability. This is coming from a guy who nearly fell through the Draft entirely & was taken at Pick # 199.

And yes, Port should produce its own Documentary series & call it either, ‘Learnings’, ‘Finals are Scary’, ‘Coaching at the Top of his Game’, or ‘Stability’.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back