Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again a supporter asked the classic question "Who's out there? Who you gonna get?". Bloody hell, there's always somebody out there. Be it bad, mediocre, good. ****. If they're bad or mediocre, don't bloody keep signing them on, go get somebody else until you win flags.

We have fans out there who still think we’re one bad season away from being relegated to SAFA Division 8, a few hundred thousand dollars could mean the difference between life and death, and that nobody who isn’t some local yokel or benevolent philanthropist would dream of lowering themselves to coach Shakhtar Odesa aka Port Adelaide in 2025 and beyond.

Only the Hinkley/Koch combo is saving us from the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs, and to criticise them, let alone want them gone, is blasphemy.

2011/12 melted these people’s brains, and Rucci constantly referencing a non-existent doomsday scenario at every opportunity only reinforced it.

The best scenario from here is we keep losing, we need things to keep going down hill to highlight how bad things are from top to bottom.

We start jagging some "for kenny wins" the media rally behind him and he either hangs around for next season or the deadbeats that committed to him transition to Carr and all keep their jobs with no consequence.

Today was great, players gotta keep it coming.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m glad Ken was booed when he was on the screen and when he was walking off the ground. He deserves every boo and jeer he gets.

Fagan can **** right off saying that we shouldn’t be booing the guy. “Ken shouldn’t be judged on one performance” - agreed, I’m judging him on 12 years of dross and underperformance, and if I want to boo the campaigner I’ll boo the campaigner.

Listened to as much as the presser as I could stomach, nice that Ken got some more clarity today.

Nice to know that the Club just needs to work harder to turn it around. Because, you know, Ken's gameplan is the best in the history of the AFL - in fact, it's absolutely perfect on paper, and it's simply the players' fault that they can't execute it.

Who is gonna be the linchpin that once pulled, the whole quadrangle starts to fall.

We all know it wont be Richo. The biggest coward of the four. When he does go, he'll probably move to the lofty heights of leadership consulting with Woohoo Co.

Who is gonna be the linchpin that once pulled, the whole quadrangle starts to fall.

We all know it wont be Richo. The biggest coward of the four. When he does go, he'll probably move to the lofty heights of leadership consulting with Woohoo Co.
Heard him post match and post match the gws final loss and he by far is the most insipid uninspiring inarticulate leader I have heard.

Everyone who was part of the decision making process that led to this statement has to go:

AA615C9A-19DE-4166-A2DA-AD40AADC6D0A.jpeg
10CF01EC-55AD-4C0D-A2F7-E47B5CF16C2B.jpeg

It’s an absolute farce of the highest order that these massive strategic decisions are made yet nobody’s career hinges on them — like the club is some dodgy family trust beneath a legacy business where various deadsh¡ts who share a surname collect all the usual wages and perks regardless of performance.

“Totally aligned”
“Unanimously endorsed”

They should all be gone.

I wonder if cucksissy has worked out he has been licking the dates of the wrong people to try get on the board lmao.

If he had not been such a little bitch and called the club out like tredrea, he would be on the board. The irony.

Work experience swap?

Everyone who was part of the decision making process that led to this statement has to go:

View attachment 2027396
View attachment 2027397

It’s an absolute farce of the highest order that these massive strategic decisions are made yet nobody’s career hinges on them — like the club is some dodgy family trust beneath a legacy business where various deadsh¡ts who share a surname collect all the usual wages and perks regardless of performance.

“Totally aligned”
“Unanimously endorsed”

They should all be gone.
Can’t judge the coaching when up against Eric hipwood

I said 30 pages back I didn't think there would be a Hinkley 12 thread now I'm wondering if we'll get there tonight.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2027396
View attachment 2027397

“Totally aligned”
“Unanimously endorsed”

They should all be gone.
I concur 100% but what if, and I say if, the boogeyman ain’t those in the boardroom but those on the field?

Wrote this over half a decade ago. Still rings true. Groundhog day shit.

We've got the power to win,
the power to rule
But we have a mental condition

We will cower from all,
we're a bore and we're dull
We kill all our players' ambition

We'll never sack sack sack
The useless hack hack hack
It's history here that we're wasting

We've got the talent to win
But our coach is real dim
Our tradition is what we're breaking Power!

Just perfect

Fagan: "I'm a big supporter of all coaches, but his record at this club is extraordinary and he shouldn't be judged on one performance."

I speak a bit of BS. Let me try translating it into English for you:

Fagan: “If he’s judged like this, then I’m certainly next. I don’t want it to happen.

Remember this coach celebrating the Geelong last half capitulation like it was an epic performance.

That was when I knew we were in big trouble. Others didn't see it at the time, but it is obvious now. It was a sign of the same continuing themes we've seen this year of getting absolutely destroyed in patches.
THAT was when you knew we were in trouble?

Not 'the greatest ever win' in Rd. 1 2019 against a team that finished the year 17th?

Not capitulating completely in finals every single year we have made them?

Not when we traded in Brandon Zerk Thatcher, Ivan Soldo, Jordan Sweet, and Esava Ratugolea and expected them to be the magic missing jigsaw piece? Just like Lycett, and Ryder, and Rockliff, and Motlop, and Aliir, and Finlayson, and Dixon, and Polec before them?

Not when we didn't even turn up the night we were supposed to honour our best ever players passing?

Not when we let Ben Brown kick 10 goals on our way to a near 100 point loss when we were one win away from playing finals in 2019?

Should I go on?

Still can’t believe that not only did Hinkley not get sacked or be made to walk to Gold Coast after the Showdown drubbing in 2017, they gave him a fat new deal and kept him around another 7+ years.

Absolute clown show.

View attachment 2027396
View attachment 2027397

“Totally aligned”
“Unanimously endorsed”

They should all be gone.
Mate, it all started here:

Having joined the club at the end of 2012, Hinkley has led the Power to three finals campaigns in his five seasons at the helm.

This new deal will see him close in on Mark Williams as the club's longest-serving AFL coach - Williams's tenure extended over 11 years from 1999-2010.

[…]

Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas said stability was front of mind when considering the club's future direction.

He echoed Hinkley's comments about continuing the journey set about with his appointment five years ago.

‘We have spent the last week as a football club reviewing season 2017 and despite the disappointment of losing in the first week of the finals we are confident our football program is heading in the right direction,” he said.

‘Success is built on stability and both Ken and the club understand the importance of ‘staying the journey’. We started a journey together at the end of 2012 and we are looking forward to continuing that commitment to each other for the coming years.

‘And Ken heads up our football program and we have great confidence in his ability to grow and develop our young squad, including the six players who made their AFL debuts this season.’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back